Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Cobras1337

Cobras1337 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X 4GB Tri-X
    Working like a charm on my R9 290X on the latest version of Windows 10, thank you for your work on this, cheers!

2. ccrqc58786

ccrqc58786 Guest

GPU:
    R7 265
    Nimez drivers are amazing
    HP Stream with A4-9120e was un-usable with stock drivers and Windows 10 Pro
    Installed Windows 10 LTSC 2019 + Nimez drivers and its so much snappier!

3. Cobras1337

Cobras1337 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X 4GB Tri-X
    About the "Tweaked DirectX 11 and 9 Performance", what did you do to achieve this exactly?

4. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    if you get better in 0.1% and 1% frames, that is called tweaked dx9 and dx11 performance

5. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    Update:

The community guys shared one more hypothesis, something for you to consider while developing the solution.

We suspect that originally, once game or render done and dGPu prepares for the sleep state, when dGPU goes power saving mode, something fails in the process, maybe a command to go sleep causes the gpu to hang and this causes a hang and a reboot.

How user with a unit like this that has reboots can replicate this theory:
    1. Once after you run a known program (game/render) that causes the reboot, you can get it to hang/force reboot by disabling and reenabling this PCI device:
      https://i.imgur.com/dZTs5W5.png
    2. As long as the pcie port does not hang (no reset command issued), the gpu will continue working.
    3. But, the moment you try to issue a pci device reset
    4. it reboots/hangs

Attached Files:

6. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    This problem exist way back to radeon GCN era's (2012). The only solution is Disabling ULPS Completely to keep GPU alive. This will not drain the battery unless dGPU is being used by another app or game.

This problem also exist on my current GCN laptop which used during development for driver modding. Then Disabling ULPS fixed the problem. The BSOD, system freezing, countless sudden reboot, or windows fail to boot are gone now.

RyzenPower likes this.
  7. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    Our community guys tried, and reporting battery life cuts down by 40-50%, they make sure nothing uses dGPU and yet this is happening - any ideas? solution? something to look at?

Thanks!

8. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    try uninstalling the pci-bus driver, then find and delete these 3 files on Program Files or Windows folder:
    • amdkmpfd.itz / inf
    • amdkmpfd.stz / sys
    • amdkmpfd.ctz / cat
    After uninstalling and deleting the pci-bus driver it should back to PCI Express Root Complex

9. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    1. You mean uninstall this PCI BUS driver, like this?
    https://i.imgur.com/GIc4XN3.png

2. One of our Discord members says:
    That may be a dangerous proposition, uninstalling the pci root device drivers will likely cause a hang, the AMD PCI drivers are "null" drivers i.e they do nothing.

3. @mylipho15 maybe you could comment on this? perhaps VERY helpful if you could join us on discord while we tshooting this, you can leave after if you want :) would really really help us all! https://discord.gg/NwWySb43

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  10. 1zye

1zye Guest

GPU:
    R7 260x 1gb
    do you plan to mod for driver 21.40.03.01?

11. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    Cant I simply go to this device, go browse drivers and select:
    https://i.imgur.com/IJZ2Dko.png

1. Without un-install it first? so uninstall wont cause a hang due to lack of driver.

2. Also what we aim to get by uninstalling it and let it change to PCI Express Root Complex?

12. 1zye

1zye Guest

GPU:
    R7 260x 1gb
    do you plan to mod for driver 21.40.03.01?

13. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    it will keep reinstalling the AMD PCI bus itself unless they are completely removed. Use this tool to uninstall them on safemode.

PS: i can't login discord now since my phone are dead. I have to recover the "most" account to remove all login app authenticator requirements
    It almost December nearby. So wait for AMD 21.12 release

RyzenPower likes this.
  14. 1zye

1zye Guest

GPU:
    R7 260x 1gb
    the 21.40.03.01 is very good in relation to performance, maybe it's worth doing a mod, there are people reporting 20fps gain, do some research and think about the possibility, I have a r7 260x and its drivers help me, thanks for your great job

15. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    But what we aim to get by uninstalling it and let it change to PCI Express Root Complex?
    How this will fix battery drain from idle dGPU? dGPU will be turned into "Low Power State" when not used or something? Also would Smart Access Memory still work on this PCI BUS driver?

As we see it "low power state" is broken and causes a reboot... and keep dGPU idle make it consume 6W which cuts battery life by 50%... so we somehow need dGPU's "Low Power State" to work without cause crash/reboot.

To clarify, dGPU has few modes, as we know it:

1. Idle (no use but alive)
    2. Low Power State

So keep it idle/alive would still consume approx. 6W which causes 40-50% on-battery life cut, but if we can fix so Low Power State works and doesnt causes the reboot issue, we will gain back the battary life and avoid reboots issue.

GPU-Z and ASUS GPU Tweaker 3 keeping dGPU alive, avoids from it going "low power state" (LPS = as we suspect has a bug which causes it to reboot) which means, even if nothing uses the dGPU (Idle) it still eats approx. 6W and hence cuts battery life by 40-50%.

Which leads Josh from our Discord community to following theory, The GPU should never go into power saving mode whenever a app is using it. But in some apps, that is possible. Hence, the bug is this: Whenever an multithreaded app that is using the 6800M is suspended (debugger attached or for whatever reason), and the GPU goes into power saving mode, then resumes after. It will cause the failure to reset.

In other words, whenever an app is using the GPU and does not pause using the GPU (or the GPU does not go into power saving mode) it will not cause this bug.

So hopefully, we can fix it, so dGPU could enter low power state after gaming/render sessions, and doing so without crashing.... if this not possible to fix, then we need the solution that would basically put it to sleep/idle, less effective as this one would keep taking 6W ... and shorten battery life.

@mylipho15

16. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    ^^ Any ideas ^^ ? :)

17. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    As i mentioned before, PCI Bus isn't dummy driver, it has physical function. Beside the theory, we just use "trial and error" method to get every problem gone. So we try all possible methods. That's why this driver mod exist, fixes comes from "trial and error" user who participating in this driver development. The installer mods also get evolved as user requesting it.

RyzenPower likes this.
  18. blah604

blah604 Guest

GPU:
    rx 480
    Hey,

I'm also having issues with Easy Anti-Cheat today. I've tried the repair and I'm still getting a couple of errors.

I'm getting this from Apex
    apex error.JPG

so I decided to see if Fortnite is giving the same error, but it's a different one.
    fortnite error.JPG

EDIT: Went back a couple more pages and found WHQL repair and it worked. Thanks for your hard work!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  19. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    I understand but the guys at the Discord asking, what the goals we trying to achieve, what results we seeking to see? by removing PCI BUS and replacing it with MS generic one?

To remind the issue, dGPU (RX6800M), has two main states:

1. Idle (active, but no load) which consumes around 6W and reduces laptop battery life by around 40%
    2. Low Power State which as we understand allows iGPU to take the tasks while dGPU sleeping and does not consume power, allows full battery life.

Problem:
    There is some bug, where dGPU going into LPS/Sleeping mode, it does it incorrectly which causes a hang and self reboot of laptop. We CAN use applications like GPU-Z that keep dGPU awake but, this means, even when there is 0 load on dGPU (Idle), it still consumes 6W and cuts 40% approx of battery life.

Mission:
    Fix so dGPU can go properly into LPS/sleeping state without cause a hang/self reboot of laptop.

NEW-WORKAROUND by Josh from Discord Community:
    " My final version of this hack fix, so that you dont need Disable ULPS or GPU Tweak or GPUZ. This app will keep the gpu alive when AC Power is plugged in. When AC Power is not plugged in, it will stop keeping gpu alive to allow gpu to go to power saving mode. The opposite happens with ac power plugged in. Its resource usage is very low, less than 5 MB RAM, and barely any cpu/gpu usage. You can add this to task scheduler to run on startup. WARNING: Side effect is the laptop will never successfully sleep on AC Power NO SUPPORT PROVIDED. Use at your own risk -- Download this tool: https://*SCAM-SCAM-SCAM*/AMDadvantage/61 mirror: https://mega.nz/file/PtFADDiQ#Bb-nrC3h55u5X-aj8XZ6KNoP6Q1qrC8XDz38yVl7jKI "

** Josh released updated version that fixes potential memory leak:
    https://mega.nz/file/D19wVJTS#NHEkR2IJlQSkUPu6U75Swp8TsetM5p2qaK0Zqw5Vozs
    For further updates please join the Discord where Josh sharing it https://discord.gg/NwWySb43 as I can't keep and edit here for each update he shares**

Could this help you maybe fix the issue within the driver/control panel itself?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  20. betavirus

betavirus Guest

GPU:
    r9 fury x
    just wanted to say thank you. running the recent driver posted. currently on windows 11. halo is actually playable! no crashes etc.