Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. reslore

reslore Member Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 7800 XT
    Confirmation that Resize BAR is working on Vega. I need to make sure that HBCC plays nice with it.

Games load fine and run smooth, I'll run some benchmarks and try for a new PB on my card.

ResizeBar.png

2. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    For someone who looking through 21.12.1 installation guide, I've made a video about this, because there are some changes while installing, troubleshooting and additional features

3. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    Any suggestions for particular settings to fix these FPS freezes/drops in BF2042 ?

4. muroko

muroko Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270 2Gb
    hi everyone. first i would just like to express my gratitude for these up-to-date drivers once again, so thank you for that.

i have been on the same setup since 2013 and i require advices/help in solving 2 issues with my setup. none of these are really related to these drivers, but seeing how some of you are experts, i thought it would be best to ask for help here.

first, here is my setup:

motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    RAM: 2x 8Gb Kingston HyperX Fury somthing
    GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 270 Windforce 2X OC (2Gb vram)
    soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX

the first issue i was having since forever is with the sound card. the motherboard has an integrated one, but i have that disabled in BIOS. every now and then when i install new drivers for my GPU, after restarting Windows my sound card has absolutely no sound. Windows says its working fine, if i open the sound settings i can see the volume bar moving like if it was playing the sounds but there is no output. i assume it has something to do with the fact that for some reason in the device manager there is an additional audio device called High Definition Audio Device which sometimes i think it changes to AMD something. is this there because i use an HDMI cable for my monitor? im a bit confused by this, because my monitor has no built in speakers, so why would it need an audio device?!
    the only solution for this problem is that i have to turn off my computer, remove my sound blaster card, go into BIOS and enable the on-board audio, let windows boot up then turn off again, put back my sound blaster card and at the same time disable the on-board audio in BIOS again. if anyone would have an advice on how to avoid this, that would be great.

my second issue is not this complicated. i noticed that by default the AMD drivers always default to YCbCr 4:2:2 pixel format, but i prefer to use RGB 4:4:4. is there any way for me to change this without using the Radeon Software? cause this is the only reason i have to install the software and i would rather not if it can be done without it.

thanks in advance for the answers ;)

reslore likes this.

5. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    The adrenalin UI is missing the save and load feature in the Tuning tab. Only "Stresst Test" and "Reset" are available.
    Here's an example, taken from google images: https://www.amd.com/system/files/2021-04/770814-Radeon-Software-Rage-Mode-1260x709.jpg
    There are two buttons missing.

Attached Files:

6. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
  7. reslore

reslore Member Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 7800 XT

Muroko, try leaving it Enabled in BIOS, then going to Device Manager (in control panel).

Next, in the Device Manager go to ---> Sound, video and game controllers. In the dropdown menu right click and Disable Device (NOT uninstall device because it will just reinstall on reboot) on the Sound Devices you want to disable like onboard audio. - Don't disable AMD high definition unless it causes issues, it'll probably come back when you update video drivers it's not really the problem it's onboard sound.

As for the second issue I'd just keep AMD Radeon Settings installed. Just hit the Gear symbol > Preferences and under General disable all those options and it will NOT effect performance and you can forget it's there.

Hope that helps. :)

p.s. they probably want to stay on topic about these amazing drivers :D

8. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    I DDU the older driver, installed this, saying that everything installed but nothing really got changed, still on Microsoft Basic Driver and 800x600 display xd wondering what I did wrong lol

upload_2021-12-4_18-43-11.png

9. Vidar

Vidar Member Guru

GPU:
    S. Nitro+ RX580 8GB
    Yea, that solved the problem. Thanks.

10. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    it's recent Microsoft PNP Utility not working on windows 11? Check the device manager then manually update. NimeZ 21.12.1 Driver are 1 day ahead from amd release date

11. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Nope, tried everything again, even uninstalled with the Driverstore explorer, and still no results. It says finished, it's SHOWN in DriverStore, but when checking in Device Manager or GPUz it shows the Basic Driver. Ill try the manual mode

upload_2021-12-4_18-56-54.png

Edit: Manual mode somehow worked... will try it on my laptop without DDU

Edit2: On laptop, Legacy + RX 550 worked without DDU, but my RX 550 is now RX 540 by name xd

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  12. fishstik

fishstik Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Not seeing obvious improvements on my R9 390 either (coming from NimeZ 21.11.2). But the performance is quite good for me so I can't complain (40-50 FPS at 1440p, everything low, medium textures). And infinitely ;) better than the 15 FPS at any resolution on 21.5.1 official.

Also all my slow loading and in-game crashes have been fixed by moving from Steam to Xbox install.

13. MarkasDaemon

MarkasDaemon Active Member

GPU:
    R9 380 4GB
    @mylipho15 boss.. please can u check why streaming is not working? :( please that a request :( U can Fix it.. I believe.. In sha Allah

14. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Streaming Directly to Social Platform currently not working even on official / modded in My RX 550. Use custom stream like restream.io. You can stream with that service simultaneously.

15. therealcupcake

therealcupcake Guest

GPU:
    rtx3060ti
    What happened to the media tab? It was a thing back in 21.11

16. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    the previous UI V4.0 is not compatible with 21.12.1, so this is new Dependency UI pack from AMD 21.12.1. My RX 550 also missing Media tab even since 21.10.2

17. PhenixN70

PhenixN70 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    All for 21.12.1 GCN:
    What is AMD Pci Bus Driver for? AMD Hyper Memory does not turn on, the installer crashes - the specified file label cannot be found. When you enable the shader cache, it says that it is disabled.
    When you choose not to disable the installation of drivers in the Windows update center, it still turns off, turning it on later in the options does nothing. After all this manipulation app crashes when pressing the Configure button in GCN Adrenalin UI - Classic Apps (life hack - you can go through the sidebar or the Games section:)).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  18. Trashman

Trashman Guest

GPU:
    R9 360 2gb
    GPU: R9 360 (but the modded drivers see its as a R7 360)
    Hello I am using for the first time these modded drivers, I'm using the last 21.12.1 version (especifically for Halo Infinite) and now the game takes ages to load (all the loading screens take longer, to the point that it cannot start online multiplayer). This wasn't a problem using the official Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.2 Optional (I used those because those where the last ones that relive still worked in my gpu).
    If I keep trying some games start and there I can see that in visuals and maybe in performace are better than in official drivers, but the loading times are really a problem.
    I suspect that maybe is a problem with the PCI BUS DRIVER my pc is fairly old (It's a lga 775 with a modded xeon x5450) I will continue thinkering with these drivers but I wanted to post this problem because it's a weird behaviour.

reslore likes this.
  19. Wonderbread

Wonderbread Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    I also ran into many problems when trying out the Toolkit options. Enabling HyperMemory or Shader Cache causes the Installer to lock up (interface disappears but music continues to play), and it also causes the Radeon Software UI to crash at launch until a full cleanup + reinstall is done. Enabling resizable bar seems to work ok (I didn't test the rest of the options because I got tired of re-installing). My card is an R9 390.

20. GASI00

GASI00 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 Nano
    Hi, first of all thank you for your hard work to support this discontinued GPU's. I do have some issues with 21.12.1 mod driver. The big one is performance. Performance in everything that uses the GPU heavily (R9 Nano) is bad, we are talking like 10-20 fps across the board. Desktop and light programs like Word and watching videos work fine. I tried Halo Infinite (both menus and gameplay run bad), Hot Wheels Unleashed (a game I know for sure worked great back in 21.5.2 official drivers and your 21.11.2 mod drivers, not tried gameplay but menu runs bad anyway) and even SolidWorks crashes when I try to start making a new piece. My specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB

MOBO: Asus Prime X570-Pro

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 Nano

Windows 10 version is 21H2

In case this is important I have a EVGA Nu Audio Pro soundcard and a Aorus Wifi 6E PCIe adapter :/

I installed the PCI Bus driver from your .exe and tried enabling and disabling AMD Smart Access Memory to see if that helped, and it didn’t ☹.

Other problems is that for some reason the Radeon Software just closes as soon as you click on the settings menu, I think the problem lies in the system tab, as clicking on every other tab works fine.