American woman wakes up from Coma with...a British accent.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, May 7, 2011.

1. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I somewhat agree, i thought i detected a hint of irish or scottish at first, but then it just turned into some murdered mish mash of accents that then sounded more eastern european.

There's no such thing as a "british" accent either. I guess that's just American terminology for the stereotypical english accent that actors always use in hollywood.

2. Rebel975

Rebel975 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    I once knew a guy who suddenly had an Irish accent. He started having everyone call him "Paddy", and he was the biggest faking fakester douche I've ever met in my life. If you've never been around someone who's faking an accent then you wouldn't understand... but trust me when I say that I couldn't even stand to be in the same room with him. It was embarrassing me.

3. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    jesus this is retarded as ****, why did i even begin watching it

also that is some weird ass twist on the scottish/irish accent (cant tell which, both sound jumbled to me. no offense to any scots or irishmen, love both more than the english <3)

4. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    TBH now I watch the video it's nothing like anything British. It's more akin to Icelandic or South African speaking English to my ears.

5. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    No idea how someone called that a british accent, just goes to show that the US don't know the outside world? :p

6. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Not everyone is clueless... I knew right off the bat that wasn't a British accent.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This is a more realistic "Scottish" accent, would doubt anyone think that this sounds anything like this lady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ

8. spamkebab

spamkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    inno3d 480gtx
    I always wonder just what Americans think is an English Accent? I mean i reckon the Mancunian accent is closest to real English but then, i am slightly biased lol. But doesn't a british accent include Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland?

9. wyndrusher

wyndrusher Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1070 SuperJetstream
    Just England, Wales & Scotland in British, the thing is the accent changes here every five to ten miles or so, the truly is no one accent for any country.

In the Americas this is made even worse by most of the people on tv playing an "English" role are usually from Australia or South Africa. I know each time I'm over in Canada watching the tv I always get a laugh at how un-English the actors sound.

10. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    It's called "hyperbola" get used to it.Americans will always do it no matter what.Maybe after hundred years they will stop lol