American Prison Tortue

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jeremy, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    American Prison Torture

Hi,

I just watched a documentary on the torture that is currently happening in American Prisons. I am not talking about Iraq prisons. I am talking about Prisons in Phoneix, California, Texas etc. The amount of brutality is disqusting.

In mates have been beaten for knocking on their cells and asking for water. Guards gave one man a warning for knocking on his cell, he then swore at them so they filled his cell with tear gas and mace, they then proceeded to block the ventelation and fill the door cracks with cardboard to create a seal. The mase not only gave the man 2nd degree burns but also affected all the inmates in the same wing including innocent staff.

Other incidents have occured when a man swore at a guard and was beaten so badly in his cell that his ribs decintergrated and his face was so badly beaten it has shrunk in size. The man died and the guards tried to cover it up claiming is was another prisoner. One guard amitted to the crime and was given immunity, whilst the other 4 were stood trial. The judge was a corrections officer himself so he closed the case and gave the guards not guilty. I felt sick watching this part so I stopped watching it. Like I litteraly wanted to vomit.

Other cases had videos of people being strapped down and burnt with chemicals and raids where a man with a broken ankel was told to crawl on the ground to another room. He didnt crawl fast enough so they tazzered him and made their dogs bite him. He sued the guards out of prison but hasn't won yet.

One prison in Phoneix, Arizona was being interviewed where the Warden was claimed to be the source of these beatings in that prison. He went around talking to inmates discusing the prison. One inmate said that he would rather be in the worst mexican prison then to be at this one.

I can't believe the breach of human rights in these prisons. I actually feel sick. What are your thoughts on this problem? If I ever saw one of these guards in life I would be so tempted to give him a taste of his own medicine.

This is the whole documentary here... I found it on the net...

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article8451.htm

This is some of the photos from the video clip of beaten prisoners...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  2. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    I think there's more to the story than they are letting on.

I think those inmates are the scum of the earth, you don't know what they are in there for, bashing people, rape, murder.

They could very well be spitting at guards, bashing guards, and the guards retaliate.

As far as I'm concerned, the moment you abuse someone else, rape someone else, murder anyone, commit a serious offense, you have no rights if you've taken away the rights of someone else.

3. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    i have to agree with finch there,
    these people aren't angels, they are the dregs of society, they should have no rights. Rapists, Paedophiles, murderers? do they deserve pity???

i think not.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I see your point and believe me I in no way think that they should have rights. But then again another guy who was killed was 45, blind and was in prison for a month because he robbed a convience store.

They should be punished but the line has to be drawn some where. They shouldn't be tortured in prison because then they are getting attention. I thought the whole point of prison was for them to be locked up and only fed.

5. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    They deserve it. Prison should be a place you would rather die then go back to.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well knowing like 10-15 correction officers yes they treat them like crap....because its not spitting its the crap throwing that gets you special treatment and your head beat in.

7. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    So if the guard's "abuse someone else" "rape" (you never know) "murder" an inmate (it has happened) "commit a serious offence" (the beating and abuse of prisoners is a crime by law) they should also have as you say "no rights"?
    If you commit a crime in a western democracy and are caught, you are deprived of your liberty, and in some places your life (capital punishment). You still have however, the same basic rights as a free man, ie the right not to be beaten or abused, or murdered, or to live your waking hours in fear or terror, to have access to books newspapers and people from the ouside world, and to have some dignity.
    The kind of prison you seem to advocate are reminicent of Abu Ghraib, where apparently rules dont apply, and abuse was rife. Thats not the kind of prison any so called enlightend democracy should be proud of, its a tragedy.

8. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Crime is a product of the society. A big majority of the criminals (psychos and sociopaths excluded) come from underprivileged (poor and uneducated) families.
    Even if the prisoners are the wost scum on the earth, if guards torture them like it was described, they are even worse scum than the inmates.
    I would rather see capital punishment then torture like that.

9. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    They should of thought about that before committing crimes then eh?

There are plenty of people that are in bad places that don't commit crimes.
    They should have the death penalty in more places.

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

I agree with you there. I wish more Western countries would take upon themselves more stringent consequences to criminal actions in line with Islamic countries.

There if you steal the first time punishment is the left hand being cut off, second time is the right hand and third time is the head. Not a lot of crime going around with punishments like that.

11. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Obviously there are going to be some restrictions but for serious things I really think they should implement it for these scum of the earth.

As soon as you rape some poor woman, that's it, violating someone like that is really not on in my books.

If you murder someone in cold blood, or murder multiple people, that's it, taking someones life is just not on either.

Bashing an old 71 year old for $50 in their wallet, is just the lowest low, they should have the crap bashed out of them for that.

Some crimes are just inexcusable I feel.
    Obviously people are going to feel different, but that's my opinion.

12. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    Regardless of the crimes committed no one should have to face daily torture or abuse while serving their sentence. They got caught, they got sent down, that's their punishment, they have no freedom, abuse and torture should not be part of the punishment. Lock them up for life if need be, but don't torture or abuse for trivial reasons.

That said, i have seen a few things about American prisons, and it's so racially divided it's unbelievable. Even if you hate racism and your white, you would have to run with the gangs like the 'Aryan Brotherhood' or you would get 'turned out' by all the other gangs. 'Turned Out' basically means becoming a bitch, and i'm not talking about 'oh yea he's my bitch' in a joking way, i mean these are people that get 'protection' in return for being part of a 'family' where sex is the currency.

I agree that we can't know the whole story about these things, and prison staff have to deal with a whole load of stuff no one should have to deal with in their working life.

13. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Yes! No competition for the government! :S ehhh........

14. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Death penalty, abolished in Britain and should be every where else. One innocent being executed is not worth killing the guilty.

In the words of Ghandi... "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

15. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    I think the USA is in a very vicious circle of violence on that matter. It's like they don't believe in second chances in the US. If you're labeled a criminal once you will never get rid of that label. The easiest way to make a normal living for yourself then is to stay criminal, untill you get busted again, and again for violating parole and then you can spend the next 15 years in jail with a cellmate named bubba and you'll have to join a gang just to prevent your ass'll get violated. Ofcourse you'll have to hurt someone for joining the gang, and if you live trough that you know your prison-time is going to be extended at the very least. When you finally get out of jail you have tattoo's in your neck and forhead and the only way out is suicide or becoming a social worker and hope you don't get killed by your old gangmates.

At least that's how it always goes on the TV:p

16. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700XT
    I agree whole heartedly Finchwizard. It makes me sick when I think about
    how some of the worst types get less of a sentence than some one who's a
    thief. But this is silly at times when you see regular offenders getting away
    with it. I've seen one guy be a bad egg for all his adult life & he blames
    drugs I bet. Well what a cop out, they say the drug made me beat up the
    granny. The drugs made me shoot the shop owner. I was on crack don't
    blame me, blame the crack. This angle of sympathy they fish for during
    their trial should be handled very carefully. Once you might have it work
    twice not a chance. It allows crims to admonish their guilt before the state.
    To re-offend when they need an excuse for another hit.

Personally I'd put all the perverts/murderers 'real nasty ones' on an island
    say in the North Sea, as in the film Fortress. Give them some flint for fire
    lighting & air drop them some sheep & toilet roll once & a while. Would be
    cheaper for all us tax payers and at least we wont dispare about their being
    able to play playstation all day at our expense.
    Sort of like that film Fortress.:approval:

17. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    This is how you should spot BS: a blind man robbing a convinience store? Sounds like Michael Moore to me.

18. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Arden1, you're right. It is a vicious circle that so many people must be caught in and can never escape.

Not everyone in jail has robbed old grannies or raped and murdered someone. Most of them are probably in their because of drugs, which can take ANYONE. Don't think it can't take you, because it can, in an instant.

19. arnie

arnie Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon x1800xt 256mb
    The state is no better than the perpetrator if it uses the death penalty, no one should have the right to take another life.

As for this tourture thing, prison should be tough, especially for people like these, it should make them wish that they had never committed a crime, and others should look at it and think 'woah, no way do I want to end up there'. But that is not what has gone on here, and I am very surprised that some of you seem ok about it. This was just torture, those punishments were never perscribed by the judiciary and so it is completely unacceptable.

Accepting the rule of law is what keeps society functioning.

20. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    And I have to say I agree with you.
    Too be hounest I totally don't agree with Finch or anyone saying that people who commit a hatecrime or other crimes that turn your stomache around should get the death penalty, be tortured or be abandoned on an island. In fact, what people do when they say that is look at those people like they're something else then human beings, like they shouldn't be the problem of the society we live in so we should make sure we get rid of them. That can never be an answer ofcourse. We are still talking about human beings here who are formed by society. We should be thinking about how to prevent these things from happening, or happening again and what moves these people instead of abondoning them. Ofcouse there are always exceptions, people who are just not able to function in society without forming a danger to others, but those should be exceptions, not the rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.