American cars... are they all like this?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by The Chosen 1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Farming emmits loads of co2 aswell, but nobody is saying that we should stop eating or stop having companions. Excessive driving, in excessive cars is a way of life that is not sustainable.

I don't see that anyone needs to drive a 3 metric ton V8 Mustang pickup car back and forth from his desc job for example. Perhaps ppl should be paid not to drive but taking the bicycle, train and bus instead. I mean you basically sell your co2 emmiting "rights" back to the government who then pay you for doing your bit, so to speak.

I'm sure people would use the bicycle more to get to work and back if they got paid to do so :)

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    here the public transport cost is getting higher and higher few years back it was easy to choose train... but atm id take car since id save money... just stupid to make public transport costly it makes using your own car so much more plausible in ones eyes.

but really i wouldnt use a car if my job was in radius of 2-3km's id go by bike or walking... winters are meh to drive a bike especially longer journeys... i could easily drive to a working place thats 10 to 15km's away with a bike if the weather would allow :p

and one thing is if theres many you know close by are going to the same destination to go with one car...

3. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Because it was invented long before liters. Yes, 4 pints in a liter is weird, but you're forgetting: more beer.

4. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    If someone were willing to pay me for going the 20 miles one-way to my university, unless it is a massive amount of money I won't do it. Bicycles work fine and dandy in urban environments but most of the United States is made up of suburban populaces. You're considered having a job close to home if it is 5 miles away, and really that's very close for most Americans.

And a Mustang is nowhere near 3 metric tons. It would take more than two to get to that number.

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Well, maybe people should consider changing that.