AMD's RX 500 Series Specifications, Performance Leaked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    *cough*
    So 9 months is now a year. You sure do like revision. Please keep this up it's entertaining. Let's see what your next claim will be. And yes at the time that the 670 was released it was $150 cheaper MSRP. I don't care that you bought your's when AMD cut the price to rock bottom because they had a card out for almost a year without a decent Driver.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You miss the point of the "if" there. And you have to admit that "if" that happened, the market would change quite a lot.

No man, it's like 5 years after and the fastest I could find with a Google search was showing the 7970 to be faster than the GTX 670, nine months after release. That's around a year, considering I didn't search more. Let me change it then. It was faster than the GTX 670 at least 9 months after release. Happy now? Does that change the core argument at all?

Not on the street. When they were both out and I had to chose, the 670 was the same as a 7970. The GTX 680 was 70 euros more expensive. It had to be, it was faster initially. Believe me, I wanted the 680 so much back then that I remember the price differences quite well.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Different places different prices. I to had to choose. I originally wanted the7970 even bought one and had to send it back due to being unstable (keep in mind that for me was the third unstable out of the box AMD card I bought). I even posted a thread asking why Tahiti prices hadn't fallen.

That "if" you speak of cam with context. You used the Tahiti v GK104 and Hawaii v GM204 the said it has happened in the past. I simply said it would not. Now you are backtracking and playing symantics. It's easy to see what you were implying.

7970 and 670 were always close from the start so you could find some benches to support your side and I could find some to support mine (of the argument not brand). Just wanted to point these things out as the way you posted gives no context to the span of time involved.

Yes it does change the argument as there was a 9 moth span when Nvidia was a clear cut top choice with 670 being the Price/Performance champ. That was three quarters in business terms. The thing I give AMD such a hard time about is their seemingly endless history of botched (not failed I need to differentiate that) product launches.