AMD's Phenom X3 8750 review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Tri-core computing with AMD's Phenom X3 8750 With the incremental increase in multi-core computing AMD last year surprised pretty much anybody in the world when information leaked regarding a roadmap...

More...

2. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    Hm, what's with all the rush to put out a review as soon as the NDA lifts? This is a very sloppy job, guys (I know there were only 15 hours to do it, but still). No overclocking because Overdrive didn't work? Only compare it to 4850 dual-core in gaming? This review says very, very little about the X3.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I'm getting tired of you consistently trashing articles, and not telling things like they are, I warned you about it before.

FYI - the game benchmarks also have Phenom X4 9850 results in there as well as a Core 2 Duo Extreme 6800 all based on the same graphics card and where applicable the same mainboard.

4. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I thought it was a great review. An overclocking follow up would be nice though.

As for the X3 itself, it seems like a very decent CPU in and of itself, but when stacked up against the competition, I really don't see the point. The price difference is minimal between it and an X4, so why not fork out only a handful of extra bones to get an extra core?

5. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Though he said it slightly like an ass, I am curious to as to 'what the hurry' was? Did you guys only have a limited amount of time with the hardware? I have heard some sites having to return the hardware after so many days so it would make sense if that's what happened.

As far as gaming/overclocking I would like to see the new supposed SB750 that is supposed to increase overclockability of Phenoms 20-30%, if so getting a X3 at 3.4ghz would be an interesting piece of hardware for 130-200 bucks.

6. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    I know they're in there and that's good (though we already knew the X3 can't compete with the quads). I was just pointing out there's no comparison to the dual cores.

7. PFX_79

PFX_79 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256mb
    I'm left scratching my head here trying to figure out what AMD's thinking with a price range like that...I mean for literally a few bucks more you can get a 9550... :3eyes:

AMD Phenom X3 8750 processor - $195
    AMD Phenom 9550 Agena - $199.99

8. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    'T is madness isn't it PFX.