1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Zen 2: Production yields for Ryzen 3000 Dies at 70 percent

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 22, 2019.

1. mnemo05

mnemo05 Member

GPU:
    Zotac 980Ti AMP! OC
    i just hope that the IPC is equal or close to what intel is currently offering.

i have no need to replace my 7700K but for the right price/performance ratio, i just might :)

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    IPC is already equal, to better, to worse, depending on the scenario, which effectively just means they are the same, with current Zen+.

What AMD doesn't have on Intel is max frequency, which quite frankly i don't suspect they will with Zen2 either, i believe Zen2 will have 5.0-5.2 max frequency, which is close enough in my opinion. But, with the IPC increase that has been stated/leaked, and 5ish-Ghz speeds, hopefully they should blow current intel offerings out of the water.

https://digiworthy.com/2018/06/14/amd-ryzen-intel-coffee-lake-ipc/

chispy, HitokiriX and Fox2232 like this.
  3. Enticles

Enticles Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB
    I am praying to any and all deities that a 5.0ghz 8core/16thread Ryzen happens this generation. That being said, i don't think it will happen - I feel 4.5-4.7ghz ceilings are more realistic... but that is purely speculation on my end, no way to know until the CPU's hit reviewers testbenches.

anything and everything is crossed for a 5.0ghz ceiling, that would be absolutely brilliant - and should be a major cause of concern for the folks at Intel.

chispy likes this.
  4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580

There are enough 4.4Ghz , 4.5Ghz and a very few 4.6Ghz running full bore for 24/7 Ryzen+ cpus around if you look at the hardcore overclocking crowd , take a look at overclock.net Ryzen threads ;) , my own 2700x it's a 4.4Ghz cpu 24/7 on water. I know 5.0Ghz won't be a problem for Ryzen 2 ;) a little birdie told me so , you will see soon enough :)

5. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    If it turns out to be true, then it would be THE Little birdie. Lol

chispy likes this.
  6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Well if that little birdie works deep inside the industry and has been my friend for many many years i would believe that little birdie 100% :D

mohiuddin likes this.