AMD X570 Chipset Blockdiagram Surfaces - Shows Specs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 20, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    LOL, PCI-E 3.0 is barely being saturated at all. Even @ 8k(4800P), I see way less then 10% utilization across the buses, PCI-E 4.0?? No need as of now, gpu speaking.

PCI-E 3.0 ain't barely using squat, so really no need for 4.0 as of now, future yes, now, no.

I montior my Peformance test very carefully. I may have seen over 10% but that's extremely rare.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you have very little idea on what you're talking about.

3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Then why does both gpu-z and afterburner under bus usage is less then 10%?, in some cases I see 2%.

Talking about gpu in general and nothing else.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's more lanes for one thing isn't there, less having to pick and chose without splitting from 16x to 8x or lower which aids GPU's as well if you have a M.2 SSD taking a piece of this (Or two if the motherboard has multiple connectors.) and of course SLI or Crossfire even if the multi-GPU support could be in better shape.
    Future proofing and additional hardware functionality including GPU should also benefit though maybe not for the X570 chipset and more, I have a lot of reading up to do on how much things have changed in ~8 years or so that's for certain.

I do mainly see a immediate gain for SSD technology but I doubt it's the only tech that would benefit and I believe PCI-E 5.0 is already being planned with further improvements though from there to enterprise type hardware to regular consumer hardware is a ways off still. :)

Nice to see bios updates also doing a thing for some of the X470 motherboards, just plop in a compatible CPU and get the benefits though perhaps not the full hardware deal but still good. Although I have lapsed significantly in hardware knowledge since when I was more involved and reading up on things and I got quite a few things wrong so yeah there's a lot of learning to do for planning the next system.

EDIT: Although for in-game performance or GPU performance I suppose the effect is less direct depending on what is currently bottlenecking things though other benefits shouldn't be dismissed either. Wonder how things like time or latency is going to be affected as well particularly for memory and advancements here and from RAM to CPU to GPU and all that but this is a area that is very unfamiliar to me so I wouldn't really know much at all on this subject.
    (But I assume it would also factor in for HDD or rather SSD though gaming wise perhaps less so but for other areas it might be far more important.)

EDIT: And more, lanes would be routed to other things too from my vague memory of how this all worked. It's a complicated piece of circuitry alright.

Last edited: May 22, 2019

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I can understand the pci-e lanes, but not talking about that, talking about the throughput on the buses when using the gpu's in general.

LOL, doing some testing with 4-way gtx 9xx cards, all X16 3.0 speeds, so that's what 64 lanes being used up.

Each of my cpu is 40 lanes, so I got 80 in total. sucker eats alot.