1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Vega 20 3DMark11 benchmark surfaces

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1 Gaming
    Might PCIe 4 bring something new as well? Maybe this is running on an older spec Mobo and it needs PCIe 4 to really shine. We don't know because we haven't yet seen PCIe 4 in action.

AMDfan likes this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonVII gtx1080ti
    i think your reasoning is generally spot-on. however, this is such an early stage that the Process may be ready, but not the new architecture. so this just might be a smokescreen.

3. Ssateneth

Ssateneth Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980
    It's an engineering sample. The Vega20 part is the scores on the RIGHT, not the left. The clock speeds could be read incorrectly, or set low on purpose due to being an engineering sample, or there may be some frequency boost that readings aren't picking up on, so take those numbers with a grain of salt. I'm excited for 4096bit bus width on top of the higher clock speed on HBM. The core could just be more of the same though, just with lower power usage (AMD projects 150W)

4. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    It seems kind of doubtful they would get results like that at 1000MHz and then up the clocks to, say, 1700MHz for the released products, creating a huge difference. But if that was really the case, it would be quite a card.

5. AMDfan

AMDfan Member

GPU:
    280X
    I believe this is the first MCM GPU, with 2 Vega 64 on a single die. That would be this kind of performance, hence that this is an early sample running just 1Ghz and 2 modules on 7Nm.

If true that it also supports PCIe4 than it is a little low in performance..... but it's as i said earlyer an early sample. We have to wait and see what the real performance out of the box will be.

Oh, they also have a lot of Vega 20 ID's.
    My guess is they wil also create consumers versions with up to 16 GB HBM2

6. Imglidinhere

Imglidinhere Master Guru

GPU:
    4GB Nvidia GTX 960M
    Check the clock speed differences. It's 3% difference but with the new chip running at 1GHz vs the current Vega running at 1.6GHz. Sorry, but... that's pretty important. :p

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    PCI-E 4.0 will not affect GPU performance, not for a long, long while. In fact, PCI-E 1.1, though does lower performance, only lowers it generally by a few FPS, maybe 10, if that.

So i don't understand your statement about it potentially using PCI-E 4.0 and somehow that would be why you think it's a little low in performance?

Example:

[​IMG]

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/pci-express-scaling-game-performance-analysis-review,1.html

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Ok I ran default gpu OC, 3dmark2011 Performance test and well... I score around Vega64,:D guess AMD sucks by old 3dmark11 tessellation

[​IMG]