AMD Updates Never Settle Forever Game Promo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AMD's Never Settle schema for free games with graphics card purchases has been updated to 'Forever'. Never Settle Forever, takes game bundles in a new direction, you now get options. Never Settle...

AMD Updates Never Settle Forever Game Promo

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My friend has a radeon 7750, so he can get one of those games in the (I presume) Bronze category?

3. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    This article brings the news like it's something great but is it only me who thinks AMD are actually giving you much less now than before? Only 3 games for top tier? Well guess it was just time until this starts happening. They surely attracted a lot of gamers by giving loads of games for free to them but it must have hurt their income per card big time. Anyway one thing is nice about this news. And it's the fact that you can wait for future games.. Mhmm wonder what Nvidia is doing in the meantime..

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vorlons on guru3d? :p

Nv is pretty stingy when it comes to freebies and even then restrict them to select retailers :(

5. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    ^This

I got nothing with my overpriced 780. Although they are now offering one game, I was a week too early.

6. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    Understanding is a three-edged sword... :)

Am just waiting for my Splinter Cell coupon from DABS. Though I'd rather something else. Well I hope that my feeling that Nvidia is gonna bring something nice in the future is right.Let's just wait. Although I don't think am gonna be upgrading my GPUs anytime soon.. :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  7. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    "But supposedly AMD will be adding some amazing games to their lineup before Christmas so you may want to hold on until then."

AKA BF4, maybe Watch Dogs or other stuff

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Its a shame they are ending the Never Settle bundles at the end of the year, i thought it was now a permanent thing.

9. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I have not take care, does they say they will end it ? or just the coupon for games have a time limit now to the 31 december ?

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Sounds like it to me, from what Charlie says here :-

http://semiaccurate.com/2013/08/13/amd-updates-never-settle-bundle-to-forever/

EDIT: Looks like its just the coupons, as anandtech have an AMD slide stating its the coupons that run out Dec. 31st. :)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7218/amd-announces-never-settle-forever-bundle

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

11. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    I'll go for the 850W one.

:p

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Why don't they offer the same games in each Tier? This isn't any better than the last bundle.

13. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    i purchased another 7970 last night. it will be shipped with this bundle. I have a question i cant find answer of, may be someone can clarify...

Will i have to choose all 3 games at once or can i select one game at a time if i want.
    for example, if I want crysis 3 next week and i can hold on to rest of the codes until battlefield 4 and lost planet 3 are added to the list?
    is that do-able?

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You weren't looking hard enough. The answer to your question is in the article. :nerd:

15. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    That's pretty awesome of AMD. I wish I had this option when I bought my 7870!! I would have passed on the Bioshock Infinity in favor of something else...

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Great bundle and at the moment part of the reason why AMD are my personal preference for next GPU.

Love the fact you can pick them yourself now, though it has made me consider not buying any new games until after i have the GPU.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So what's going to happen with the 7990 bundle? Are those 8 games going to remain with the deal or is it canceled out in favor of this one?

18. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    It still remains with the deal apparently.

19. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    The Radeon HD 7990 is not included on these tiers but it will continue with the "8 free games" bundle for the life of the card we were told.

According to PCPer.

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Ah, **** this ****.
    I used the code and got 3 games. Which Crysis 3 which I hate, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, that I already bought separately and Bioshock Infinite, which I still didn't get because they are out of keys.

And now they add this promotion.
    WTF. I'm angry for real.