AMD TR 1950X @ 4.1Ghz all cores , 8 Dimms at 3066Mhz CB-R15 and Geekbench 3 leaked !

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by chispy, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    i think TR has new stepping (ARK improvements) :infinity:

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    XFR seems to affect 2 cores at most from what I read. At least in TR. Similar to boost 3.0.

3. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Oh man that is impressive results! 16 cores @ 4Ghz. Given the fact that Intel just said that the i9 9780 XE will only be able to boost to 4.2Ghz on 2 cores... I personally think AMD has struck gold with these Threadripper CPU's, but time will tell...

4. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Yes I agree V-RAY is lot faster with GPUs than with CPU, but this comes with some cons like you can't use all features with GPUs

With GPUs you are limited by VRAM size and if you do very big scenes then 12GB is not so big framebuffer

In many cases I prefer to render with Corona Renderer or AMD Pro Render where I'm limited just by CPU and RAM size and if I do renders with GPUs then Octane and IRAY and SuperFly(Cycles) I do mostly use

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

5. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    2 Cores on R5 and R7 but if is 1 Core for CCX?

6. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    AMD is who would know, apparently...Intel right now is looking to get some of that glue for itself...;) Must be really good glue--not so good for the horses, though...;)

7. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Yes, these days..what's in a "100Mhz"...? Agreed.

8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I wonder how running Crysis with Ti SLI or Vega CFX would be on this beast?

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Will suck, Crysis is bound to 2 threads/cores and doesn't scale so IPC is more important so clock speed is the main factor and Intel will win in that with a 7700

10. weewoo87

weewoo87 Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5850
    I think he was making a joke (are you?). If you want to take his comment literal purely for the sake of bringing up Zen and 1080p gaming, I think you are very wrong. Crysis is old as dirt. A modern CPU with Ti's is going to smoke Crysis. Not exactly the definition of "suck" in my opinion.

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Not really, my point is it wouldn't use all the cores, so it would suck in that respect

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Here's a thought about Crysis that isn't a joke:
    I wonder how performance would be running Crysis (low settings, obviously) on a CPU renderer. I doubt Threadripper would be good enough to attempt this, but a dual-socket 32-core Epyc ought to be able to play older games at a low res and low detail with playable framerates, where Crysis could be the ultimate test.

The thing is, I'm not entirely sure if there are comprehensive software renderers for Windows. This could be possible in Linux, if Crysis were run in Wine.