AMD to Host New Horizon ZEN processor Event mid December

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 29, 2016.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    +1 same here , i just want to hear more useful information directly from the horse mouth AMD and not from the rumor mill. Let's hope they disclaim all that useful information ( Price , Dates , Availability , Motherboards Info , etc... )

2. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    I will support AMD when they begin to compete with performance. I don't care how amazing their integrated video is or would be. I don't want it.

If AMD can give me a CPU that competes with a 7700K they'll have my attention.

3. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

It already has more pcie lanes than the 7700k. They are comparing performance of enthusiast level Zen chips with broadwell E... with prices cheaper than the 6700k! So there you have it... It's not a bad chip for what your gonna get at the enthusiast class, but mid range pricing, plus all the beels and whistles with regards to quad lane memory, mgpu, nvme, and mainboards that can increase pcie lanes... Thats x99 class hardware. Just the mobos that are worth that in Intel land are $300... I'm interested in mobo pricing more than anything else at this point, as all this cost savings can be used to buy more memory/better storage/displays... Even if the gear comes to just "close to or under broadwell-e performance", the cost savings alone will be worth it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2016
  4. Dburgo

Dburgo Guest

Mainboard pricing links? I love how AMD is riding the X370 (I drive a 370z) and Horizon marketing( I promote Horizon wholeheartedly as its half of my threads in here lol). I am eagerly waiting with details, more specifically, with mobos that can offer more pcie lanes! Notice the branding lol. 370, 350, and if they went 300, instead of 320, they would have been the last 3 models of Nissan's 3xx class track cars. Funnily enough, I had a 350 fairlady Z and I have a 370 fairlady Z now, but never the 300ZX twin turbos. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2016

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Tbh if it is as fast as lets say broadwell-e clock for clock that means it's somewhere around 2% (skylake has 2% ipc advantage over broadwell, might be less with broadwell-e) from skylake so 2% from kabylake clock for clock.

So yeah if I can get Zen 8cores for 500€ I am game.

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Well , finally a few hours away for the big reveal at the AMD New Horizon event , we are at -14 hours right now. A little birdie told me there might be a surprise or two awaiting for us on that day including the full launch of Zen based CPUs and AM4 Motherboards , perhaps Big Vega 10 information or maybe paper launch of the gpu as a surprise ?

Watch it livestreamed at http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon tomorrow at 3:00PM CST

AMD Zen release date: 13 December 2016
    Availability to be announced: 13 December 2016

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  7. eTheBlack

eTheBlack Active Member

GPU:
    GigaByte R9 280X W3X OC
    What do you mean -14 hours? For a stream? Stream is 24hours away.

8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    My bad -22 hours now :)

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Ah crap I thought it said CET. Still 7 1/2 hours to go :(

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    UGH For some reason I thought it was going to be at noon EST....I can't wait until 4pm!

11. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Does anyone believe that they might do the double wammy and present the CPU and the GPU at the same time?

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    I doubt it. This is supposed to be just about Zen and if throw Vega into the mix it dilutes the presentation.