AMD teases new Big Navi Graphis card and Ryzen 9 5900X combo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 8, 2020.

1. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Do you really expect them to show their hand in a preview, how about this that was the lowest tier card, how would that work in your world?

Fediuld likes this.
  2. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    I believe the chart shows the highest reported FPS for the 3080. Hence it is using varying reviews.
    Also seems missed COD MW.
    3080 does 77fps and AMD shown 88 at 4K

a) Who hyped the cards? AMD hasn't said anything to hype them like Nvidia did.
    b) You need to go back to primary school and learn to calculate %.
    Where the RX6000 is 10% slower than the 3080? Only gamer is GoW5 on 2 out of 4 sites. (Guru3d has it a 76fps).

[​IMG]

ZXRaziel likes this.
  3. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Overhyping leads to disappointing , I like AMD but in the gpu market NVidia is the leader . If AMD had something that can touch the 3090 they would be happily showing it by now to The world To stop potential customers going to the green team trust me . Coming close to 3080 is a reasonable and respectable achievement why are people having unrealistic expectations is beyond me .

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I doubt the Titan I mean 3090 is on their hit list. It's the 3080 that most care about. That and the 3070.

INSTG8R likes this.

5. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Why not ? NVidia is already out there , nothing to loose by showing the best performing card . I am actually surprised by how honest and bs free this announcement was this time .
    Only the fanboys refuse to see what’s coming . Even NVidia knew what to expect that is why they have adjusted the prices so they can compete , think about it .

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    3 seconds of Borderlands 3 and a couple of FPS. It just doesn't seem top tier worthy. Who knows.

7. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    100% agree with you , they want to take customers from 3080 and 3070 , there is not much money in the Halo products like the 3090.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Where are you getting 77 from for 3080 in COD? Every youtube review I've found shows 85-100 with RTX on.

for example.

We don't even know if their MW on the 6000 series enabled RT.

Also Guru3d gets higher FPS in Borderlands 3 than both those numbers, TPU gets higher numbers in Gears.

Idk, need to wait for benchmarks - could be comparing different scenes, settings, the CPU is going to matter at some level - especially when these results are within like 3-4 fps, etc.

9. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Just facts. Lisa held "big navi", they showed 6000 series so we dont know what they showed or the state of the drivers or the clocks it was running, etc..

So not hype, just what we saw.

I would be happy with a 3080 contender (¿-0 to -10% ?) 200€ cheaper. I dont give a F about the 1% crazy enthusiast *wasting* 2 grand on a gpu (good for them if they can lol).

10. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    She clearly said that this is the most powerful GPU they have ever made, and here are the numbers, paraphrasing ofcourse.

No one is denying that optimizations will be made, but for now it is pretty safe to say that this was their top gaming card, around 10% slower than 3080.

ZXRaziel likes this.

11. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Again... that was the one she was holding in her hands. On the demo was a 6000 series card. We dont know which one.

Want to think its the 6900, ok, want to think its the 6700, ok... because we dont know.

angelgraves13 and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  12. panogr

panogr Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800XT Ref
    ok amd , take my money :)

angelgraves13 likes this.
  13. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Believe what you want my man, I am not here to change your mind. You made a point, and I made my point, let 28th Oct surprise us. No matter how much I want AMD to beat nVidia at this point, I know that it is not going to happen at launch across all games. Some games AMD will win, but most of them, nVidia will win.

If you want to know which games AMD will win at, look at the games where 5700xt beat 2070 Super.

14. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    IF AMD wins in SOME games, as you say.... thats more than expected and we got a 3080 contender. Good enough if you look where they come from 2-3 years ago.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Price and availability will play the big role here. If one can buy the gpu thats almost as fast available now at lower price and has more vram its a no brainer. Amd also plays the efficiency game here for the first time using less power than competing nvidia card.

And guys remember that we didnt see the 1440p benchmarks. That could be interesting.

16. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Well because it would be commercial suicide and frankly I dont think that Lady is a dummy, can you just imagine it....come look at our worldwide launch of our premium desktop GPU oh btw we showed the best of it a Month ago so heres the bottom end now please all buy one!

Yes Nvidia does indeed know whats coming, and I think they are worried.

17. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I am not here to argue , let’s just say we will know soon , but I am prepared to bet that the performance shown was the top card ,;)

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Even if it is the top card we need to see ray tracing performance as well.

schmidtbag likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Software features and raytracing. Rdlss? There is also big driver update coming at the end of the year.

20. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    if she felt it was fine to show performance like this, the price reveal must be the actual fun of the party

or its just a desperate attempt at making people wait before getting that 3080, who knows

cant wait to see it, if its the same price I guess it comes down to more RT vs more vram, which is a far better situation than what vega64/r7 gave us