AMD still ATI

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by elaganza, Apr 18, 2020.

1. elaganza

elaganza Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    Since ATI we, actually me to observe all the same problems with software as i 've had from my acquaintance with REDs. Still i can't get AA in profiles neither AF as textures filtering. I just can get some of funcionalities as RIS, Antilag or some of... But i still have heater in my flat(not a worse regarding my location in somewhere in Europe) but i still have mega productive Fans and Hi-End noise from them))) Now i have to made undervolted schemes to "get evolved" with Reds coz after 30 mins of gameplay it is getting really hot literally.... last stone in my heart - the Adrenalin 2020!!!! What the sake is that????? A monster with AMD browser and illogical bunch of something that AMD stuff not sure about how it is work!!!!! And still after recall any of that functions in game all i get - just massive lags and stuttering in almost all games!!!! So i think my last R9 380 and FX6100 will be last of my credits to this company/ it is enough for me. I was beginning with ATI 7500/8500 and Palomino...but i exhausted with that "somewhat"
    P.S AMD future's motto " Warmer, Hotter, the Hottest One"((((( We create what we want to create!!! Touchér

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  2. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    Im guessing its a case of the user thinking his system can still compete with new tech, regardless of the rather strange translation you used(assuming that this post has been translated) you give very little info on your system and what you do with it.

3. Only Intruder

Only Intruder Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury Nitro
    Bu-bye! No one will miss you...

sykozis and shredderman like this.
  4. elaganza

elaganza Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    as me about AMD((

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

That's an ancient issue.

1) Some games ignore their profile.
    2) Some games ignore their profile and the system wide profile.
    3) Some games sometimes ignore profile(s).

Just forget about it...

aufkrawall2 likes this.
  6. elaganza

elaganza Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    )) ok

7. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    apart from the software problems, I think they've done a pretty good job getting the heat under control lately, unfortunate you purchased amd hardware at peak housefire levels.

shredderman likes this.
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Complaining about an 8.5 year old, barely mid-range processor.....and an almost 6 year old, rebranded, mid-range graphics card..... You're not really contributing to AMD at all anyway, so why would anyone care if you continued to not contribute to AMD? Threads like this are pointless. It really just looks like someone whining because their old, outdated hardware can't keep up with newer hardware.....

Undying likes this.
  9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    wow.....2 posts here and neither containing any fact. You've used ATI your whole life, but your usage only spans about 12 years and starts with an entry level card. On the other hand, I've been using ATI/AMD since the Rage Pro days.

"2gens behind nvidia and intel"..... That is among the dumbest things I've read.... That would assume that AMD is supposed to adhere to Intel and NVidia's product launch schedules, which is far from the case. These are completely separate companies with their own launch schedules.

AMD won't support WDDM2.7 before we have flying cars? AMD was the first to officially support DX12....they also have a working WDDM2.7 driver already.

If you can't get drivers working properly, maybe you should educate yourself a little first. I've been using ATI/AMD graphics cards for over 20 years and have had no game breaking issues with drivers.

Power draw and temperatures? According to GPU-Z, my RX5700 draws 145watts under full load running Folding@Home while my GTX1660Ti, draws 140watts under the same load running Folding@Home. My RX5700 has been running 24/7 for 6 straight days and has yet to exceed 81C. My GTX1660Ti, hit thermal throttle within 10 minutes. My RX5700 is a reference card whereas the 1660Ti is an MSI Ventus model. I should also probably point out that my RX5700 is also overclocked while the 1660Ti is running it's default clocks. According to GPU-Z, there is literally a 5watt difference between my overclocked RX5700 and my 1660Ti.....yet, where is a huge difference in performance, in favor of the RX5700.

I've had no issues gaming on AMD, NVidia, Intel, S3, Cyrix.... Guess that comes from learning how to configure a system properly.....

Edit: This post is NOT directed at the OP.....lol

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    chanw4 and Vlooi like this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is inaccurate, hardware that supported FL12 were both out well before dx12 and windows 10 were out, and Nvidia beat AMD to market with win10 test drivers.

AMD was ahead in support for Optional and Tier supports though in some aspects, while NV took others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_levels_in_Direct3D#Support_matrix

11. elaganza

elaganza Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    and what has changed with 5800/ 5700/5600? yes it's better than 380/480/580/ but you still get blank display, stuttering after alt+R or overlay during games, not working profiles with AA, AF... on 20.3.1 on my r9 380 i got 3 times blank display within a week and on my 7850 it was regular. My day started with blank display on strarting PC and dozen reboot after blank screen during games and work.(((( And regular hype from AMD team ' now we have revolutionary control panel" But for me latest CP is the worse thing where AMD "evolved" to. Do not want throw stones at AMD but it's just for me...it's enough AMD(((

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    When I bought my new components for the desktop system, I initially tested it with the existing OS install. The system had a quirk where the screen would go black for a sec whenever a video played. This carried over with the new hardware. There were other nagging things, which were still present. So I wiped it clean, fresh OS install, did the chipset and other drivers, and reinstalled the software I use. All the old quirks went away. System has been very stable, unless I get too aggressive with undervolting. :)

The issues you are having may be like mine, and are software/OS based. My old OS install had been around for several years; I hate reinstalling.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    The post you quoted was not directed at you in any way. When I made that post, there was another one directly above it from another user.

The FX series processors were horrible.... AMD bet on a future that wasn't and still isn't coming. The FX series processors were developed for highly parallel workloads, in a world where most workloads are still serial in nature. Games especially will never see the type of parallel workloads that the FX series was designed for. The Zen processors are much better in every aspect.

The "blank screen" issue can be caused by a myriad of issues, not just drivers. Personally, I've experienced 3 "blank screens" with my RX5700. "Blank screens" have been an issue on both sides. Not just AMD. I haven't owned a graphics card in the last 12 years that hasn't experienced at least 1 "blank screen" at some point. Generally, when I start having issues, I scroll through event viewer looking for obvious causes. If nothing stands out, I reinstall drivers. If that doesn't correct the issue, I try 2 or 3 other driver sets. If the issue persists, I reinstall Windows.... If the issue persists beyond that point, I start replacing hardware. In my case, I have 5 other "known working" graphics cards on hand to test with.

The AA/AF implementation in Radeon Settings is for OpenGL, not DirectX. This used to be documented, but no longer is for some reason I'll never understand. Or at least I can't find documentation.

I don't get stuttering from the Radeon Overlay.... However, if you need information provided by the Radeon Overlay, you could also use MSI Afterburner...

The new Radeon Settings is abhorrent, in my opinion.... As much as I dislike NVidia's Control Panel....it's a much better design. It's very simplistic. Every setting is where you'd expect to find it. Nothing is buried in an overly complex interface.

elaganza likes this.
  14. elaganza

elaganza Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380

admit i should re-install fresh Win10. It has been living in my PC too long)))

15. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT/290X
    FX6100 and complaining about it 8 years later.

386SX likes this.