AMD Software: PRO Edition Revision Number 22.Q3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by CPC_RedDawn, Sep 30, 2022.

1. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonPro WX7100
    I sent this to the radeon pro team, he replied back and said: Too specific., Describe the issue along with OS and APP used.
    dumb question but what is APP?

If you guys wanted to message him, here's his profile
    https://community.amd.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/10309

2. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Did you ask them about the problem you have with the emulator? Then the APP is the emulator (which one, the version, etc.).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  3. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    He's asking what OS, version, and the emulator you are using, and probably any other specifics you can give him so he can recreate it. (APP = Application, aka what program you are running)

4. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonPro WX7100
    LOL i must of been really tired or something not to realized what App stood for haha. App , application haha. I sent him the information though, thanks.
    Getting old folks hahaha.

Krteq, Lbuipo and The Creator like this.

5. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    Lol dude.

6. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonPro WX7100
    He haven't got back to me with a follow up to what he said below, But this is what he said about the issues with the emulator/opengl extensions.
    "This issue was already reported and the fix is implemented on 22.20.26 driver."

????

7. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Does it mean that in the current UWP 22.20.27 it's already fixed?!?

OpenGL is the same in 22.Q3 and UWP. Do they think that "GL_NV_shader_atomic_int64" is enough as a fix? Because the important "GL_NV_depth_buffer_float" is still missing.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonPro WX7100
    yea i sent him some follow up questions and he also read this post and replies you guys made. Going to send him that message you mention as well. Will report later once he gets back to me :) Hes online right now, but he usually gets back with a message the next day or so.

9. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonPro WX7100
    Anyone else want to message him, i give up. His last message was:

"As I mentioned, my records show that "Poor performance in Xemu Original Xbox emulator with OGLP" has already been fixed in 22.Q3 (Build #379288). Yes, we have removed some extensions for a reason. So telling us how to do our job, does not help at all. Comments like "latest driver" is vague. Each driver has a specific version and build number. I need to look at the AMDZ report to find out which driver you are having problem with. I hope this helps to understand the confusion."

I never told him how to do his job lol, not even sure where he got that from. I clearly told him, the latest drivers from 22.7.1 and up from Adrenalin and Enterprise 22.Q3 does not resolved performance issues in Xemu and for some reason he's confused on what i'm talking about. I have tested 22.Q3 and the performance is not resolved in Xemu.

I give up man, Just going to wait and see if they ever fixed it. Staying with Enterprise 21.q3. Don't have time for this dumb sh** . I have tested 22.7.1, 22.8.1 , etc, 22.9.2, and enterprise 22.Q3, xemu runs like crap. I go back to any other driver including Enterprise 21.q3 or 22.Q2 and xemu runs at solid 55-60fps 1440p no problems. I explained this to him very clearly, not sure what he's not understanding.

Good luck with anyone who want to message him, again i give up. I could try the drivers again , maybe download a fresh Xemu, but unless I'm missing something, 22.Q3 is the same damn driver as the newest Adrenalin ones hahah. I'm not stupid, or am i? lol

Lbuipo likes this.
  10. Lbuipo

Lbuipo Member Guru

GPU:
    Amd Vega 64
    Do not worry about that!
    You have tried to help them, probably to much "fine wine" on the AMD side.:D
    And that, explains a lot!

Indra881 and MyEinsamkeit like this.

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Maybe you need a better emulator that handles modern APIs. My friend just finished writing an emulator that uses OpenGL 4.6 and has other options. He got some flak from the community for not keeping it compatible with 1980's hardware, but the point of it was to get it to take advantage of modern libraries. the app is called WTFweg tho he may need to update his public repository. I'll bug him about that.

12. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonPro WX7100
    I just use older drivers and they work perfectly fine, so guess we just have to wait until they get around on updating their opengl extensions. Oh well back, well back to Enterprise 21.q3.

Lbuipo likes this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    And this is why AMD will forever be the 3rd rate alternative.

There are still games on steam selling that use those now unavailable extensions - now broken on the unmarkettable product.

Maybe you need to know what you're on about and quit speaking from a position of authority when you aren't and will never be in one.

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    lols in working private final build on current AMD OpenGL.

15. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonPro WX7100
    I just think its funny how he couldn't understand what i was saying. How is the latest driver being "vague" ? lol. I clearly told him drivers from 22.7.1, 22.8.1, 22.8.2, 22.9.2, and Enterprise driver 22.Q3 which are the latest drivers have the same problem. All he has to do is check himself, but he's looking at some of report. What report? Unless the build he's referring too hasn't been release yet???????????

Either way, for my GPU 21.Q3 works perfectly fine, so i will stay with them until something else changes in the next feature drivers. But i don't see anything improving with the OpenGL thing until next year. But who knows.

16. Mali HG

Mali HG Member

GPU:
    Amd
    Do the Pro drivers have cpu temp in the overlay? I installed these and there was no cpu temp. Thank you in advance.

17. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonPro WX7100
    I never notice any CPU temps in performance overlays on consumer gpus or workstation gpus. only GPU temps. Just never took attention to it, because i use msi afterburner instead.
    But if someone has more insight, let us know.

18. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    What a dev team needs is the most accurate direct "source" of the problem so they wont spend ages getting runaround and spending all this time to track it all down.

19. Mali HG

Mali HG Member

GPU:
    Amd
    Thanks. I installed the pro drivers but noticed that the cpu temp was missing. I'm on the 22.7.1 driver now and it has the cpu temp. Also, no display time outs as of now.

When I used Nvidia I used msi afterburner. I like the fact that the Amd software has the monitoring built in.

20. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    Can you elaborate on these?

Can you elaborate on which ROMs you're using in Xemu? Which other emulators are impacted on your end again?