AMD Software Adrenalin Edition Warning?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ATOJAR, Sep 17, 2022.

1. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750 XT Red Devi
    Ok so for some reason every now and then my screen will go black as it would when a display driver is installing/uninstalling only it stays black, i need to hit the power button on my pc so shut the system down then again to boot back to windows, it usually does this just while sat at the desktop.

After a reboot its like no driver is installed but the Adrenalin software is still installed, i try to launch the Adrenalin software and im met with the below pop up, i will uninstall the software and run DDU in safe mode then reinstall to resolve the issue. Would anybody happen to know what going on?

I have tried both 22.6.1 and 22.8.2 but the same thing is still randomly happening, it doesn't do it a lot but its still a pain in the butt and shouldn't be happening.

I'm running a RX 6750 XT Red Devil, 5600X, 16GB DDR4 3600MHz and Windows 11 Pro Dev channel OS Build 25201.1000.

upload_2022-9-17_18-8-11.png

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
  2. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    You're installing drivers using the "desktop" versions.

Windows Update will randomly decide to install ... "Windows Updates variants of the AMD drivers", that can only use the driver UI from the Windows Store. These are either OLDER verified drivers in Stable version of Windows ... or NEWER version of AMD driver on Preview versions of Windows, like the one you're using.

To stop this happening, you need to block driver updates through Windows Update, then reinstall your GPU drivers again.

You might as well install the latest version of Amernine/NimeZ drivers. It's installer has an option of blocking OS driver updates, to prevent your issue from happening.

ATOJAR likes this.
  3. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    You should disable Windows quality driver updates. This might help you.

Run (in admin mode) CMD and copy and paste.

REG ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\ /v ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate /t REG_DWORD /d 1

Potaté, GSDragoon and ATOJAR like this.
  4. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750 XT Red Devi
    Thanks guys, i will try what Macer suggested before i go down the modified driver route.

Much appreciated.

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    You can just use DDU UNINSTALLER and check the Disable Windows update driver install. Using both will clear any issues you might encountered before

upload_2022-9-17_21-56-30.png

Also you can use the Windows Minitool update and change it to NOTIFICATION ONLY

upload_2022-9-17_21-56-58.png

ATOJAR likes this.
  6. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750 XT Red Devi
    Thanks guys having ran the command Macer suggested the issue seems to be resolved ...... Fingers crossed.

Cheers.

7. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750 XT Red Devi
    Yeah just a little update, its seems to be sorted, thanks again guys.

8. ATOJAR

ATOJAR Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750 XT Red Devi
    Well i have tried all "fixes" here apart from the modified drive route, i was at work and my wife was on the pc, she said it done it again. Found another "fix" to try on YouTube so i will see how that goes.

On Win 11 right click start>system>advanced system settings>hardware tab>click device installation settings>click No then click save changes.

Just though i would post it here in case somebody else seems to have the issue and stumbles upon this thread.

9. wuest3nfuchs

wuest3nfuchs Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse
    ATOJAR likes this.
  10. Abell

Abell Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX Vega 7
    The below worked for me
    • Go in System Properties > Hardware Tab > Device Installation Settings and select No.