AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.6.1 - Driver Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by DimkaTsv, Jun 27, 2024.

1. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Monitor reinitialisation causes it, as it resets (creates new) EDID. I guess it is case by case.

Took me almost an hour to f*cking edit a Reddit comment. Why? Because it was too long (even though within symbol limit), so server errored me out. I managed to break formatting once when tried to copy-paste edited variant.
    Ended up creating new reply and splitting comment in two parts

2. wocap21205

wocap21205 Member

GPU:
    5500XT
    I tried the method with RDNA1 and can confirm it works. You might want to give it another chance

3. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    7900 XTX
    Normally I would do a reinstall once a year, but the yearly Windows updates aren't that big anymore nowadays, you mostly need to watch out for the cumulative preview updates every month. SFC and DISM commands tend to fix most things if things do break that is. I also noticed Windows likes to corrupt itself on an almost weekly basis despite shutting down normally / no crashing etc. So I run a SFC scan every week, been pretty stable for me over the years but for 24H2 I'll probably do a fresh install just to wipe all the garbage over the years from program leftovers in System32, AppData, ProgramData maps etc.

F2000 likes this.
  4. illusiveman

illusiveman Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    My window 10 installation is like 4 years old and it would have been 9 years old if I didn't do a clean system reinstall when I got the 5700XT. The early drivers for that GPU managed to screw my windows installation lol. Don't know how someone may experience windows system file corruption every week...lol.
    You either have some drivers that are causing issues, some kind of malware that screws windows system files or there is SSD/HDD that is failing...idk something seems off on that system :confused:

5. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Forgot one thing: If there is no resolution in detailed resolutions part of CRU, some Unreal Engine games window dimensions look badly distorted in fullscreen exclusive. With VSR enabled (doesn't need to be used, just enabled), this is gone. Btw. happens also on Nvidia.

6. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Master Guru

GPU:
    7900 XTX
    Not quite sure what is causing the problem pretty much all devices I manage have a corrupted or missing files every now and then and when talking with colleagues or the Windows community it isn't exactly uncommon either from what I've gathered. Just one of those typical Windows things, hell even a fresh install with a SFC scan directly afterwards will have a 99% chance of a scan with missing or corrupted files but again I don't not know what kind of checksums Windows checks internally.

7. illusiveman

illusiveman Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Strange. I never had this happen except a few odd cases...one of them being 2019 drivers for RDNA1 that managed to break my windows installation.

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    An easy way is to open Task Manager...Details (this page will list all processes, including Services) and sort by Memory Usage. BTHSERV in my case would grow until system instability, meaning over 1GB+ RAM usage. (Biggest I've caught it is at 2.2GB) You may need to go to Services tab and search for the service name to get the PID, then use Details page to get memory usage searching for PID.

In comparison, BTHSERV is now using 7MB, maybe hitting 14MB tops. And you can watch it reclaim memory every once in a while. It wasn't doing this before.

9. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Usually never find proof because it looks like i am only at for example 26 GB / 32 GB memory usage the only thing i do see is pagefile is getting really big sometimes when i have a crash that looks like a memory leak.

Anyway i am taking a break from bug reporting all these issues, i am burned out if AMD wants to do something about it they can list more known issues, so i can focus on new issues and life.

AMD is lurking on these forums.

10. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    hi guys
    anyone knows where are stored the information in adrenalin of the games played (hours amount.. average fps..)?
    a week after the update I noticed I lost all previous data, now I have only the 2 games I am playing right now
    any way to restore them?

11. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    M̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶C̶:̶\̶U̶s̶e̶r̶s̶\̶<̶u̶s̶e̶r̶>̶\̶A̶p̶p̶D̶a̶t̶a̶\̶L̶o̶c̶a̶l̶\̶A̶M̶D̶\̶C̶N̶\̶G̶a̶m̶e̶R̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶?̶ ̶

Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
  12. illusiveman

illusiveman Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    It's stored in: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\AMD\CN\gmdb.blb
    If you have FileHistory enabled in windows you can restore an older version of the file that has all your stats. After replacing that file you must kill Adrenalin UI from the taskbar and restart it or restart the PC.

ninja750 likes this.
  13. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    They get exported when you export snap settings and import them again.

14. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    I've had to uninstall this driver. Its the first AMD driver to make my windows install very unstable. On the first install I went into safe mode and used DDU to uninstall the driver. Then I rebooted into windows and installed the driver but I kept getting a BSOD upon reboot. So I went back into safe mode and used AMDCleanup utility then DDUand then rebooted into windows and installed the driver but if my computer goes under any sort of stress it hangs after a few minutes. I just installed 24.5.1 and my theres no problems anymore. I've had an AMD system with about five years now and this is the first time I've had this problem. I don't have my GPU overclocked. Theres a dual bios on the GPU but both bioses have identical settings. I know its weird but I tested both bioses and the clock speeds , voltages and fan speed is identical on both bioses

15. Rubalvar

Rubalvar Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT

16. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Will I see something that I don't know already? Because I don't want just to increase the views of his videos.

17. illusiveman

illusiveman Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Tldw... He finds out that Fortnite and fifa 24 are stuttering on the first run compared to 24.5.1.

Rubalvar and DimkaTsv like this.
  18. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Yeah, because we didn't know it. :D

19. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    His public complaints on YT probably have more prospect for success than us nobodies reporting stuff to AMD. Things often work that way, what can you do...

Rubalvar, Undying and illusiveman like this.
  20. KyleN

KyleN Member

GPU:
    gtx 670
    Getting driver crash (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG) on Shadow of the Tomb Raider with this driver.