AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.4.3 - Driver Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by justdoge, Apr 27, 2023.

1. tioslash

tioslash New Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 7900 XT
    No, I donĀ“t believe it is. Unless the LG OLED C1 has a bad implementation of it, and in my experience it does not since I had another AMD card before using this same display and it did not have this issue at all.

Freesync works perfectly during games, regardless if my fps is within the range of 40-120hz or below 40hz when LFC kicks in. No flickering.

2. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT / 6800m
    I believe slightly slower with faster timings is superior to slightly faster with slower timings. I did do some testing when I dialed in my overclock and what I have now is the best overall mix of setting.

Thanks for the recommendation though.

3. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RX 6750XT 12G
    Then it is strange. Especially strange that it only happens for you because of Freesync... Suspicious.
    Anyways, here for comparsion (it is timelinked).

youtu.be/9iBaF4elEr8?t=455

Sorry for such way to link it, post manager just autoedited link to media paste and removed timelink.

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  4. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RX 6750XT 12G
    Not always. Scale is important
    If you can squeeze 2150->2300 mHz from disabling FT, then difference between CL30 and CL29 (for example) will NEVER account for such drastic boost in bandwith. Reming you GPU's are used to work with GDDR which have already increased latency in comparsion to get these bandwith benefits. So they still prefer to have even more bandwith to small timing reduction.
    Issues start at point, where fast timings can DRASTICALLY reduce maximum VRAM frequency.
    For example. I can do 2312 FT (it is my max), but stability of FT2 is EXTREMELY inconsistent. sometimes it will be fine with 2312 FT2, but sometimes it would fail miserable even at 2248 FT2 (min)... I can only say that stability can likely increase after some time of active GPU usage. But after system reboot - it is unstable AF again.
    That means that this small timing reduction completely murdered bandwith to level of about 2225-2200 mHz... And at this point, would reduction of timings by 1 be worth reduction of frequency by 75-112 mHz (at least)? And i remind you, it is AMD VRAM frequency measurement. To convert it into that fictive "real" frequency you must multiply it by x8. So loss of 75 mHz will mean -600 mHz if it was Nvidia OC menu for example (they used 2:1 for RTX 2000, but iirc they use 1:1 for RTX 3000 and 4000 series). And 112 will convert into 896 mHz. It's a lot, isn't it?

So to use FT or even more importantly FT level 2, you must seriously consider VRAM frequency penalty. It is less noticeable for FT, because of locked max VRAM frequency, but for FT2 it is explicitly open (that is why this choise is hidden by default)

5. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    That was 'innerdasting'. I have that exact monitor. Turns out I got version 1. Wheew!

zingzs likes this.
  6. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RX 6750XT 12G
    I also have this monitor with original panel.
    But it was manufactured AFTER AOC restored supply chain, and for some reason it doesn't have these negatives that were mentioned.

AntiSnipe likes this.
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Oh you did CRU okay that explains it I guess.

I have a VESA certified Club3D DP 1.4 cable too replaced the one that came with the monitor tho the G7 DP cable seemed to be quite decent actually.

I'm on Win11 now but it was the same on 10 only recently switched.

olymind1 likes this.
  8. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT / 6800m
    The 6800 XT is locked to 2150 maximum on memory so I was able to get better results (though the difference was minimal) with 2100 fast than 2150 default timings. Honestly, the real world gaming performance may not even be impacted between the two but I did get a couple more points in Time Spy so I kept it.

That's the only thing I did with CRU - everything else is default. Are you running 10-bit 240hz on the desktop as I am. You have only one monitor? Maybe something you have running in the background on your system is keeping the memory engaged? I run a super tight ship so nothing that isn't necessary is running in the background.

9. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    155 minutes session no gpu driver crash feels fps is higher but probably imaging it.

10. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RX 6750XT 12G
    Heh, surprisingly my old undervolt to 1140mV is actually looks like being stable one. At some point i got Elden Ring crashing because of UV, which i confirmed by parsing frequencies, as i found unstable gap at around 2425-2450 mHz with anything below 1160. And i checked it via Warframe, as it is quite sensitive for unstable freq/voltage points.
    And now it is f*cking stable... HOW does this work?

Maybe PTM caused better heat management so less voltage stress due temps and higher leakage? But it shouldn't have even matter for such frequencies...

11. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I got mine Dec 2021, not sure when manufactured (probably 2020), but I don't notice any negatives either. It's been a great monitor so far.

DimkaTsv likes this.
  12. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    peeking 89c 85c avg hotspot today on my liquid devil 7900 XTX at 404 watts, meanwhile nitro+ users i only get 80c hotspot at 460w, friend of mine hitting 88c hotspot avg after 5 minutes of 3D occt :D

13. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RX 6750XT 12G
    Normal 3D or "Advanced 3D"?
    Either way 89c should be fine, even if no pretty to look at...
    Hotspot isn't just cooler efficiency, but also thermal paste application and cooler mounting state.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Nothing in the background either, well as "nothing" as can be with modern default Windows.
    8-bit 240 Hz SDR desktop, single display.

Also of interest, I have Freesync disabled in the display too and still have constant max mem clocks.
    I'm guessing your G7 is not identical to mine, perhaps a different / later revision.

15. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT / 6800m
    Why don't you have Freesync enabled? Are you running the latest 1016.1 firmware on the G7? Why aren't you running in 10 bit as this panel is native 10 bit (no FRC)? I am also running SDR.

16. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Yes within spec just not sure if its within spec for watercooling as well im upgrading it later this week early next week cos i have possibly to low waterflow, but it behaves better then old gpu at 300 watts vs 300 watts on my old gpu, from my understanding cooling improves each time you add more radiator space as long you have the waterflow for it, if you do not havethe waterflow it gets worse.

just normal 3D test some games hit just as hard as 3D occt while furmark hits 10c lower

17. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Adrenalin 23.5.1 WHQL will be released on May 25, 2023!

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    but I need them nao!!

19. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RX 6750XT 12G
    Can i know source for this information?
    I mean, neat and stuff. Just interested how people get this.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  20. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    AMD Radeon RX 7600 release date is Thursday, May 25, 2023. Of course, it will be released with the new driver.

DimkaTsv and MerolaC like this.