AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.30.13.01 for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Release Notes

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by cra3khead, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    I ran the Forspoken benchmark. It seems that the performance is better with HAGS turned off.

1440P + FSR 3.0 FG Native AA: HAGS On 87 FPS vs HAGS Off 89 FPS

[​IMG]

Rubalvar likes this.
  2. cra3khead

cra3khead Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    I find this statement from AMD weird since browsing the forums since the 11008 UWP driver, which reintroduced HAGS on all dGPU's that supported the driver. I had always seen RDNA 2 benefiting from HAGS, whereas RDNA 3 cards either saw negligible performance differences or, as @Macer just posted above, performance degradation. I guess they need more reasons for users to purchase RDNA 3+ products, as their performance improvements are literally left to interpretation.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    This is the first driver that supports hags i think they will focus on improving and support on rdna3 cards for the future releases. As for rdna2 this is far as it goes. No anti lag+, no hags we are lucky we got afmf.

4. cra3khead

cra3khead Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    I just dislike the fact that AMD fully intends on removing features they have introduced previously, such as Anti-Lag+ for RDNA 3, HAGS, which was introduced twice for RDNA 2, and the original AFMF, which was simply frame interpolation for media on GCN, and no plans on implementing VSR when they have been clearly losing the feature parity competition to Nvidia.

olymind1 and kalima like this.

5. Thariq

Thariq Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6700 XT
    hags for weak cpu

6. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    Isn't HAGS kinda pointless right now on Radeon hardware since it already handles elements of its driver stuff on GPU?

Truder and Rubalvar like this.
  7. kalima

kalima Member Guru

GPU:
    RX7900XTX/RX6800M
    +Drop support of Vega , polaris line.

AMD make priority i suppose with current capacity of dev.

For VSR (Only 7000 ? We don't know) , it's probably on pipeline but amd have many things to delivery before like AFMF + antilag+ , we need to wait Q1 2024.

8. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    Are you talking about Virtual Super Resolution? Its not available on 7000 series?

9. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    It is. They also appear to have extended support to 32:9 working better. So... It's been getting better...?

But I think they mean RTX Video Super Resolution. It's nVidia's AI video upscaler. MS built a vendor agnostic version of the same idea into Edge. It's kinda cool, if not a little niche.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    z8373767 likes this.
  10. reslore

reslore Member Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 7800 XT
    Did some quick benchmarks comparing these drivers to 23.11.1 WHQL and in Timespy, Firestrike Ultra, and Speed Way my graphics scores went up ~2% in all of them. I used my 'everyday' undervolt/overclock.

11. Rubalvar

Rubalvar Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT
    What happened to AMD with Anti Lag + could be seen as poetic justice.

12. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Video upscaling would be more useful for me than AntiLag+, fsr,hags and afmf.
    But whatever I think it's time for them to keep their head down and do some hard work behind the scenes. Maybe in a year they can have everything in a working state without any issues.

13. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    I tested the driver in 3 UE5 games with HAGS, the performance increase was in the margin of statistical error, but it was negligible, 1 frame on average and minimum, I get the impression that HAGS works better on Nvidia cards because the programming makes it the driver (software) unlike AMD which has it in the hardware, maybe this is the reason why some games see a small increase while others have reduced performance.

14. jeff69dini

jeff69dini Member

GPU:
    evga 2gb gtx 750ti
    is HAGS supported with this driver on integrated graphics like the 780M? says not supported on mine 7840HS

15. Rolacka

Rolacka Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Super
    Anyone using this driver over hdmi? I used to see YCbCr 444 now I only have the 2 RGB options. 7900xtx with a Samsung Neo G8 4k @240hz is what Im running with HDMI 8k cable. monitor driver is installed.

16. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Yeah HAGS is just for specific scenarios in some specific games that are single threaded or have heavy use on the CPU by moving the scheduling from the CPU to the GPU.

In my mind hags was always about Nvidia screaming at Microsoft to help them with the driver overhead. I'm not sure if hags can be better than the default AMD drivers scheduler. Maybe in a few games. Imo this will make zero difference on AMD GPUs... Overall

Rubalvar likes this.
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It sounds like a very usefull feature it just need some optimizations.

18. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    I'm not sure that it can be optimized further than what we already have without hags. That's why I think this is mostly for nvidia users...their driver overhead is real and hags can be helpful there especially with the newer games that are hitting CPUs pretty hard with all the RT and lower resolution rendering from DLSS etc. If I remember correctly HAGS is required for DLSS3...that is enabled by default on W11 so that's why most people didn't notice this little detail.

19. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    HAGS might be a requirement for some future D3D developments. Or not, who knows. But it's not really any better on Nvidia, e.g. Fortnite still didn't ran great on the 4070 when it came to stutter and CPU bottleneck, despite HAGS.
    Not saying it'd be perfect on the 7800 XT, but the difference vs. Nvidia is enough to be crucial with now lowend 5700X.

20. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Yeah it's for from perfect on either side. I would enable it only for testing to compare hags on vs off. Otherwise I would still keep it disabled. It will probably be ready for mass usage when W12 arrives :)