AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.3.1 WHQL - Driver Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Mar 7, 2023.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.3.1 WHQL

Highlights
    • Support for:
      • Halo Infinite™ Ray Tracing Update
      • Wo Long™: Fallen Dynasty
    Fixed Issues
    • Metrics overlay may intermittently re-size to 50% after gameplay.
    • Application crash may be observed while opening Premium Gold Packs in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 23.
    • Intermittent driver timeout may be observed in Halo Infinite™ in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled.
    • Corruption may be observed in Dying Light™ 2 around certain light sources.
    • Corruption may be observed in Returnal™ in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.
    • Intermittent driver timeout, system freeze or BSOD may be observed using select displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
    Known Issues
    • High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
    • Video stuttering or performance drop may be observed during gameplay plus video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
    • Some virtual reality games or apps may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
    • Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
    • Connection failure or black screen may be observed using Parsec client with AMD decoder setting.
    • Application crash may be observed while playing UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
    • The Performance Metrics Overlay may intermittently resize across the display on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6600M. As a temporary solution, users encountering this are recommended to disable the Performance Metrics Overlay.
    • The Performance Metrics Overlay may have some missing units when enabled, or situationally become truncated after changing display scaling settings.
    Download:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-adrenalin-23-3-1-whql-download.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2023
  2. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    "Fixed Issues
    • Metrics overlay may intermittently re-size to 50% after gameplay."

Well...finally... :)

Have not installed, but would be nice if it really is fixed after all this time. A tiny issue imo, but a bit annoying.

3. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    upload_2023-3-7_18-38-46.png

New UI thingy on my 5700 XT

4. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Driver Version - 22.40.37.01-230305a-389089C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition
    AMD Windows Driver Version - 31.0.14037.1007
    Direct3D API Version - 12.2
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.3.237
    OpenCL™ API Version - 2.0
    OpenGL® API Version - 4.6
    Direct3D® Driver Version - 9.14.10.01525
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.250
    OpenCL® Driver Version - 31.0.14037.1007
    OpenGL® Driver Version - 23.03.230121_8e1c912
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
    UI Version - 2023.0305.1448.1963
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.24

Still doesn't work correctly on the last Win11 DEV builds.

Jackalito and MerolaC like this.

5. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Are all the 5700XT cards supposed to have the sensor needed for this? Could be a useful feature - even if it only works when the fans are on.

6. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I got the same on my RX 6700 and it seems to not work. It always shows the fans are off even though they are not.

7. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    upload_2023-3-7_18-52-44.png

Doesn't seem to work? Or do I need to disable Zero RPM somewhere else? Because as opposed to RDNA2/3 cards and I think even GCN cards, I don't have a On/Off toggle for Zero RPM

8. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Typical for AMD :D

AMD.jpg

I get always a "Fan Off" value. Is this feature just for 7000 reference design cards? As I know they have a temperature detector under one of the fans.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    Deleted member 282649 and HD64G like this.
  9. Macer

Macer Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    AMD Radeon Software Driver Issues & Bugs Tracker
    [​IMG]

Use AMD Radeon Setup Tool to update / install the Adrenalin 23.3.1 WHQL on my system

10. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Yeah I don't think it's supposed to work on rdna2 or older GPUs....as far as I know only reference 7900XTX has that temperature sensor (maybe some aib models too but idk). I think that sensor reading is supposed to appear only on cards that have the actual sensor installed near the fan...

11. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Installing new drivers disables and defaults my tuning settings. No error message whatsoever.

12. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    That is normal and has been this way since forever. If you have custom settings save them and load them again after a new driver install.

SpajdrEX likes this.
  13. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Gotham Knights is still crashing therefore unplayable. I just tried starting the game up 5 times in a row and before the main menu appears it crashes.

It's the drivers or the developer, Idk. I've been waiting months for this game to be fix'd. It's one of the very few games I can play with ray tracing while hitting my global FPS cap(71) at 4k with FSR. Also, it's Batman and I like Batman. I have and played all the Arkham games. The only one I never finished is the platformer spinoff one. I plan on keeping my hard copy of Arkham City until the day I die.

14. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Is it though?

As for crashes - you can try clearing the DX shader cache. If on, try turning off Surface Format Optimization - seems it helped some...
    Watched a video recently about optimizing Windows 10 for gaming(not sure all of it is legit, mind you) - suggested to turn off HPET in Device Manager. Also, you can check the thing suggested from the 7:24 mark(maybe 3 regedit settings) - seems to turn off ability to use Night Light though(maybe use a part of it)...

Can try switching the setting for GPU Scaling.

Guessing you did use DDU...

somemadcaaant likes this.
  15. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    I guess this driver confirms that if Windows Driver Updates are enabled it will replace the PCI bus driver that AMD radeon drivers never installs on Windows 11, less issues without that driver and without Windows Driver Updates anyway.
    Doom Eternal persistent HDR bug still bugged, so my recommendation for playing Doom Eternal with HDR is fine but disable HDR via in game options before exiting the game, or you get a persistent bug 2-3 seconds of blackscreens in most games during alt tabbing or notifications, however not every game, its avoidable as long you disable HDR via in game options in Doom Eternal, even if forgot and relaunch game and then disable it, and can trigger the bug in games with autohdr support or normal HDR support.

Wonder if they did any fixes or changes to freesync, in Hogwarts legacy it can bug out or God of War, but only if fps is uncapped with or without enhanced sync i think.

16. metalbeardmecha

metalbeardmecha New Member

GPU:
    6700xt 12gb
    I have this issue with Mechwarrior 5 runing under dx12 with the -d3d12 shortcut, the only way to stop it crashing is to add

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
    r.HZBOcclusion=0

to the Engine.ini file (find it in user/appdata/local where ever GK saves it's config files)

once that tweak is in place it starts and runs, might help your GK crashing.......but Mechwarrior 5 is a stuttering mess on my 6700xt in dx12 no matter what setting/tweaks are used ect, run it under dx11 and it's much much smoother (but dx11 has a lower top end framerate....)

17. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Fixed Issues
    • Metrics overlay may intermittently re-size to 50% after gameplay.
    Thank you AMD!

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Doom Eternal HDR works no problem here. HDR 600, Samsung CRG9 3840x1080 144hz 10bit, display port, Win 11 with 6800xt.

19. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    Anyone tried these drivers with Outer worlds - spacers choice?

20. justdoge

justdoge Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX580 Gaming X
    Is broken gpu load value in metris overlay on polaris going to be fixed ever? Its probably 2 years now

Strange Times and Cp0 like this.