AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.9.1 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Indra881, Sep 21, 2022.

1. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Yeah can't find much info on this except this random reddit post.
    I also think it does something with DWM...
    upload_2022-9-25_21-15-28.png

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it doesn't.

It makes a beep sound, triggers the circular log for black screen diagnostics to write out and upload and then triggers ModeSet, hence the surface flush and reallocation.

It can result in a driver resetting if the driver is already in a hung state but it doesn't cause the reset, windows does that as a result of TDR triggering.

illusiveman likes this.
  3. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    If I experience a GPU hang due to a timeout, overclock or undervolt issue, driver UI failing to appear or YouTube dropping frames, restarting the driver using Restart.exe 100% fixes all the mentioned issues for me.

4. shm0

shm0 Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Does someone use the force vsync setting?
    I always set this to "On, if not set by application"
    I set it back to default (which is off, if not set application) and it seems it made things a bit more stable too.
    But this is a OpenGL only setting, isn't it?

5. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT LE
    I use it with "Metro 2033" because the vsync in the game doesn't work on AMD video cards. Forcing the vsync via driver works fine with this game. It's DirectX11.

6. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Setting vsync on/off from the driver works in all games, the API doesn't matter (maybe a few exceptions idk). But I think you must be in exclusive fullscreen mode.

7. Macer

Macer Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    Added DX 11 NAVI may have stuttering issues in some games. like 22.9.1...

I test AC Odyssey, Origins in 22.9.1 compare I repack 22.5.1 WHQL Mod Repack. like the following video

22.5.1 is smooth when playing, don't know why 22.9.1 has a stuttering problem.

More about 22.5.1 WHQL Mod Repack driver comparison here

8. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Gosh, I cannot believe this. I have kept from updating, I'm still on 22.5.1 and everything just works. I will only update when they are ready to recommend a new driver or I install a game that benefits from a newer driver. I hope AMD retains a high standard by throughoutly testing the drivers they recommend.
    Seriously, how RDNA3 will work on launch? I'm truly curious and hope for the best.

9. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    How the F did they frack the hardware acceleration for sooooooooooooooooooo LONG, since 2.6.x

arvan and Strange Times like this.
  10. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    In my recent testing, forcing V-Sync On from driver works in all APIs except for Vulkan and DX12. Haven't done enough tests to be 100% certain though. No idea about Exclusive Fullscreen. Borderless Fullscreen should theoretically use WDDM's built-in V-Sync and I'm not sure if you can force it Off if you'd want to.

11. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    You may be correct about vulkan, I don't think I tested this in any vulkan game. Usually the in-game vsync works fine. Anyway I remember testing this with some dx11 and 12 games and it worked... So it's not exclusive to opengl.

12. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT LE
    I don't know what happened but now I have the issue with UWP 31.0.12027.2005 driver as well. :eek:

I tried the new beta version of PotPlayer from today (220926) but the situation is the same.

13. nosyna

nosyna New Member

GPU:
    RX 6950 XT
    I have a similar problem with this DX11/UE4 game DQXI OG it stutters pretty heavily seems like it’s down to shader compilation. :/

14. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600
    can confirm. leaks up to 5gb vram in ms egde

15. The Creator

The Creator Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT LE
    It's time for the new generation cards, AMD still can't fix the issues with the old ones. I imagine the drivers for 7000 cards... and their hardware acceleration.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022

16. Andy_96

Andy_96 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX5700 8G
    Deus EX: Mankind Divided can crash amdwddmg driver so hard, that the driver control panel isn't opening until reboot.

17. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S A|480 X
    Years ago, you'd have to use DX11 instead of DX12 on Dx:MD to have decent stability. Found it the hard way in two different systems with CGN cards.

18. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    Deus Ex MD worked better for most uArches in DX11 than DX12 back in the day.

Now, I don't know what changed when, but when I tried DE:MD in 2019 on my 5700 XT, DX12 was noticeably faster than DX11. Like 120 vs 100 fps, something like that. Things are probably different today after multiple driver updates, new OS updates and DXNAVI, but I do believe DX12 is now faster than DX11 for AMD GPUs in that game.

Not applicable to all games of course.

Control in DX11 is consistently faster than DX12 for me. So was Metro Exodus (not Enhanced) the last I tested. Faster in DX11.

19. Macer

Macer Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    Will Adrenalin 22.9.2 be released today?

Adrenalin 22.9.1 doesn't seem to support Ryzen 7000 series Raphael integrated graphics.

20. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6800
    i had this driver 1 day just for MW2 demo and the other day total blackout on boot