AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.8.1- Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Blisk, Aug 12, 2022.

1. MotomEniac

MotomEniac Guest

GPU:
    6900xt
    You are not alone with this issue.

My setup:
    GPU: Asus ROG 6900XT LC with one monitor connected via DP cable, monitor is Freesync certified. Driver version 22.8.2(upgraded from 22.7.1)
    PSU: Asus ROG Thor 1200W
    CPU: Intel Alder Lake
    MB: Asus Tuf Z690

My story:
    My monitor goes black in some apps in others not, power consumption drops to ~180-200w for whole system, USB devices are not responsive(some of them even lose power). But this is only happening when re-BAR feature enabled and used. I find 100% reproducable example, TimeSpy Extreme stability test. It goes 20 loops without re-BAR with ANY reasonable setting(w/wo overclock) and blackscreens on 1-3 loop constantly with it enabled. Problem seems to appear after I tried 22.8.2 then rollback to 22.7.1. Also important notice here is that my system is completely stable in many stress tests which seem not to utilize reBAR feature, for example Time Spy and Firestrike.

What I've tried:
    1) DDU drivers uninstall in safe mode
    2) use AMD clean install
    3) use different driver versions 22.5.1 till 22.8.2
    4) reset all system OC with BIOS reset
    5) delete unpluged\hidden GPU\Monitors from the device manager.
    6) disable adaptive sync support in AMD Software
    7) tried few different versions of PCI bus (21.50.0.0001, 22.10.0.0001, 22.20.0.0001)

PS: I'm completely confused guys, please help!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  2. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Are you on the latest BIOS version and chipset drivers for your motherboard ?
    Don't have many ideas on this...it looks like a weird bug (maybe related to intel platform). Your best bet is to submit a bug report to AMD and in the meantime stick with a driver that works.

3. opbush

opbush Active Member

GPU:
    Been playing with my GTX 1070 for a while and 0 issues compared to my radeon card, so right now I'm in the process of returning my 6700 xt. I know this isn't that helpful but it most likely isn't anything else in the system except the GPU and its drivers.

4. MotomEniac

MotomEniac Guest

GPU:
    6900xt
    Yes my BIOS is latest version, tried to install latest Intel Chipset driver - no result. Speaking about version situation is that something is broken - no version is working for me(tried 22.5.1 till 22.8.2).

PS: One idea come to my mind, can't this be related to absence of Intel Management Engine on my system

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022

5. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    I have no idea. Haven't used an intel CPU since haswell. I don't even know what intel management engine is lol.

6. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    The Intel Management thingy is cancer. It was so bad on my Ice Lake device, I had to switch to Linux to get usable performance from my CPU for any basic task.

MotomEniac and illusiveman like this.
  7. oscarpilgrim

oscarpilgrim Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380x
    Does someone know if this driver it's compatible with the R9 380X?

For some reason, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered and Fornite keep showing a message that I should update to version 22.8.1 but the page says that the latest version released for my graphic is 22.6.1 which I currently have installed.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    No offense, but you're talking a mobile processor....and a relatively slow one at that....

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT

Get these for your R9 380X
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/a...o-driver-release-nemesis-22-10-1-whql.436611/

AMD have long abandoned driver support for that card.