AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.8.1- Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Blisk, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-software-adrenalin-22-8-1-driver-download.html

Highlights

Support for:
    • Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered™
    • Thymesia™
    • Radeon™ Boost using Variable Rate Shading for Halo Infinite™
    • Enhanced Sync improvements have been introduced in the latest version of AMD Software to provide further stability, and a better overall experience with your AMD PC.
    Fixed Issues
    • Display may flicker black when switching between video playback and gameplay windows on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.
    • Video output will freeze in Project Zomboid™.
    • Games based on LOVE2D™ engine may be rendered incorrectly.
    • Stormworks: Build and Rescue™ crashes during start up.
    • Mixed Reality Headsets may flicker black or experience jitter during movement with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a system crash during gameplay with video playback on extended monitors.
    Known Issues
    • Stuttering may be experienced while playing Call of Duty®: Warzone™ on the Caldera map with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
    • Some stuttering may be experienced while playing Fortnite™ with DirectX® 11 API when game is first launched on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6950 XT.
    • Radeon™ Super Resolution may fail to trigger after changing resolution or HDR settings on games such as Nioh™ 2.
    • While playing Lost Ark™, flickering may be intermittently experienced after changing displaying settings or checking character info with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 Graphics.
    • Oculus dashboard menu and rendered controllers may appear bouncing/wobbly on Oculus Quest 2 with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.
    • VCE presets may be in mixing in VEGAS Pro™ with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6600 Graphics.
    • DaVinci Resolve™ Studio 17 may crash using AMD encoder on some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Graphics.
    • GPU utilization may be stuck at 100% in Radeon performance metrics after closing games on some AMD Graphics Products such as Radeon™ 570.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    Important Notes
    • AMD Software Capture and Stream features and Overlay support for Clone mode and Eyefinity display configurations will be introduced at a later date.
    • Some users may experience Error 1603 during driver install on Microsoft® Windows® 11 version 22H2 with Smart App Control enabled or in evaluation mode. Any users who may be experiencing install issues with Smart App Control should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    • Hybrid graphics support for Radeon™ Super Resolution is compatible with Radeon™ RX 5000 and 6000 series GPUs on AMD Ryzen™ 6000 series processor notebooks.
    • HDR is no longer compatible with 10-Bit Pixel Format. For the best user experience with HDR displays, it is recommended to disable 10-Bit Pixel Format in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Graphics Settings.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2022
    passenger, GSDragoon, Rambo and 5 others like this.
  2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  3. opbush

opbush Active Member

GPU:
    This update seems good.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Nice list of fixes.

5. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Driver Version - 22.20.19.05-220810a-382332E-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition
    AMD Windows Driver Version - 31.0.12019.5007
    Direct3D API Version - 12.2
    Vulkan™ API Version - 1.3.217
    OpenCL™ API Version - 2.0
    OpenGL® API Version - 4.6
    Direct3D® Driver Version - 9.14.10.01523
    Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.233
    OpenCL® Driver Version - 31.0.12019.5007
    OpenGL® Driver Version - 22.08.Beta Release
    2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
    UI Version - 2022.0810.1552.1936
    AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.24

And a nicer one with "Known issues" :D

passenger and Blisk like this.
  6. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    Lmao sorry, missed the link in the initial post

7. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Someone let me know if the performance is back to normal using emulators + xemu. thanks.

8. chaosophy

chaosophy Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 64
    Installed with out issue, Win10, 6700XT.
    Ran a quick Superposition Benchmark and scores are around expected. OGL still scoring higher than DX, like with 22.7.1, which is still blowing my mind. :D
    High video decode usage with 4k60 youtube, which has been an issue since like 21.11.x :(
    Seem ok so far.

9. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    Out of interest, how does the stats for nerds look in that YouTube video? Does it report dropped frames? Also which browser are you using this with?

As far as I'm aware, decode usage should generally be high in relation to high bandwidth media playback.

10. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    RPCS3, Dolphin, Yuzu, Ryujinx, Citra, CEMU, DeSmuMe & Xemu seem alright on my end.

AsiJu, GSDragoon and chispy like this.

11. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Well there's some folks who have performance issues who mention it on this forum, i wonder if the performance is back to normal for them. I probably just test it out later on.

12. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    yeah it's a weird one. I gather the new opengl drivers can be a bit hit and miss on polaris (for example). Hopefully that improves with later releases.

13. chaosophy

chaosophy Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 64
    Check my post here (and the thread).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/w75jkv/comment/ihkblir/?context=3

There's some screen shots of usage in task manager.
    Basically with the same video on drivers I have test past 21.10.2 video decode usage has doubled.
    Stats for nerds does show the odd dropped frame but just from watching the video it visibly not as smooth.
    Using Firefox browser but it doesn't only affect browsers, have downloaded videos and used MPC-HC and replicated the issue. Changing renderer in MPC can mitigate it.
    Have seen other users report it affecting other software as well.
    I reported it to an AMD rep on another forum but not heard back from them since they saw the post.

14. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    • While playing Lost Ark™, flickering may be intermittently experienced after changing displaying settings or checking character info with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 Graphics.
      Same here with a 6650XT

15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    is that true

16. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    Sort of unrelated to this thread but I wanted to let all of y'all know.

u/AMD_Vik told me on Reddit that DirectX8 and DX9 are now one driver stack, DX10-11 are another driver stack and DX12, Vulkan and OpenGL are all individual stacks as well.

I am currently using the NimeZ drivers on my 5700 XT, to be able to enable the RDNA2 DX11 improvements on RDNA1 as well.

This also means funny enough that the DX11 stack improvements ... apply to DirectX 10 as well!

Tried the 2008 Far Cry 2 last night in 4K, with my punny Ryzen 5 3600. DX9 is like 80-120 fps, DX10 is like 180-220 fps, lol.

Also, with the DX11 improvements, Assassin's Creed Odyssey is now as smooth AND faster in DX11 than DXVK, damn.

17. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    Do you have any multimedia related issues using the newer DX11 driver with NV1X?

18. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Yes, it's happened to me a couple of times, black screen, fans go to 100%, restarts.

19. Blisk

Blisk Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900XTX
    Even with 22.7.1 and newer?

20. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Something is wrong with hardware decoding with this driver (maybe with the previous too).
    This is the info for COSTA RICA IN 4K 60fps HDR (ULTRA HD) video clip on YouTube:

CostaRica.jpg

When I download video stream 399 (HDR) and try to play it with DXVA acceleration, I get this error with PotPlayer:

dxva_error.jpg

If I switch off DXVA, then the video clip plays well without any errors with software decoding:

PotPlayer.jpg

If I download another stream without HDR (299 for example), it plays with DXVA without a crash:

PotPlayer2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022