AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition: 22.3.1 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Mar 17, 2022.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    Him no but many with a 6900xt are, i might try it on Metro EEE and see if i can crank the RT right up and still maintain 60fps.

2. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    any quote by AMD for RSR implementation for GCN cards?

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    I still don't understand why anybody has a hard-on for 4K but I truly despise 16 by 9 so I'm just biased. Plus I've become an ultra-wide Fanboy since 2015.

But I can tell you this 3440x1440 is very demanding for my 6900xt when I had that monitor before it got broke.

4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    I bought the monitor in 2015 and at the time 32" 4k 60hz was where it was at. Its a great monitor (AOC) and fine for my main gaming pursuit which is DCS Flight Sim.
    If/When i replace it then il maybe go widescreen.

5. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    [​IMG]

6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Not true.

See here:
    Nach Shitstorm: AMD prüft, ob Radeon Super Resolution auf älteren GPUs aktiviert werden kann (pcgameshardware.de)

"We are evaluating other solutions after that. The reason we've taken that process is both a combination of what we see from our users in terms of the displays that they use, and then also where we see most value to our users. And we prioritise in that order."

Means -- implemented for RDNA 1 & 2 first and foremost, and evaluating if the extension of support to further cards is possible - e.g. based on Vega or Polaris.

HD64G likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
  8. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Guy asks abiut GCN you guys bring rumours about Vega nad Polaris...
    GCN can be done in theory in Linux, nobody cares about thix exotic OS
    NimeZ already said that RSR is impossible for GCN on Windows.

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Polaris and Vega are GCN.

Everything from 7xxx series up to Vega is GCN.

HD64G likes this.
  10. Krteq

Krteq Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 +64 BIOS
    Can you please elaborate? I can't see anything like that. He mentioned just current implementation state

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    This driver seems to reintroduce the OBS bug. Great... lost a recording because it wouldn't finish.

Edit: yep, returning to 22.1.2 returned things to normal.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  12. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6600XT
    Only from the perspective of modifying the currently released driver. Doesn't mean AMD can't do it and they likely will.

We are all hoping it follows the same pattern as RIS (Radeon Image Sharpening). The first drivers with RIS only enabled the feature on newer cards and then later drivers brought it to the older generation cards.

srdjan1995, Undying and Krteq like this.
  13. mylipho15

mylipho15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    Polaris and Vega are GCN but they're not "Legacy" GCN iteration like 1,2,3.
    As mentioned in my thread, Polaris/Vega "may possibility" get RSR feature in future release since the driver updates are still rolled for these arch, since the current 22.3.1 kernel gives them crap only working for Navi.

14. Razagast

Razagast New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 560X
    ASUS FX505-DY : HDMI Port is only available display port. When connected to second monitor GPU scaling is forced on. I try to turn it off but when i leave the menu it re enable it's sel. Tried looking through here to see if anyone was having a similar problem but it hasn't arisen. I will add mouse cursor flickers when using applications in fullscreen with GPU scaling enabled. I have tried re-installing, standard safe mode, AMD removal utility then DDU. Clean install each time and still the same error. Any help is appreciated. Have a feeling it may just be a bug.

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I know, but, that doesn't take away the fact that they are still GCN arch. and they most likely work with FSR with out a problem.
    It's just AMD that doens't care and moved them to Legacy. Which sucks.

16. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    Sorry but if you can not fix and even here you do not find a solution, why not present the Bugs to AMD with reports ? I invite you to do it ... It is not true that AMD does not take these things into account and I tell you this from Betatester ... Unfortunately there are an infinite' of Hardware combinations ... I renew my invitation to everyone to submit Bugs through reports ...

17. Razagast

Razagast New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 560X
    I have reported it. The driver is less than a week or two old. I'm posting here in hopes someone who has by chance found a fix for it, mentions something about it. So while I wait for them to acknowledge this, I might as well post here of all places. What's up with all the ellipses?

pegasus1 likes this.
  18. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Playing Doom Eternal will afterwards make Clockrates on GPU stuck. I have to boot up another game to get it fixed.

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Anyone else with AMD 23.3.1 not working AMD HDR with LG OLED CX? It takes like 3 sec to get into HDR mode and it stays 8bit, compared to OS HDR which is 10bit. Using potplayer windows 11 + Madvr + Lavfilter 0.76

Everytime I launch a movie it create a new monitor

EDIT : Nvm restarting windows fixed it...

EDIT : something weird, if I open Chrome, it happens again, sign off sign on windows fix it until I open chrome again....... that's weird. I tried Radeon Super Resolutionoff and VRR Off for chrome

EDIT : Seems like disabling RSR for chrome only and then restarting fixes the issue. Could be maybe AMD Overlay somehow running, I forgot I had it on, but it still working fine with it on.

EDIT : it still randomly create a new identification almost every time I open madvr with a movie. weird.

EDIT : I disabled the Windows VRR Generic settings, it seems it fixed the issue with the 8bit sticking. I will check about the madvr identification

EDIT: the madvr identification stopped making new ones but AMD HDR 10bit stop working randomly for some reason

EDIT : //// what the hell is wrong with Madvr..... it stops working with 10bit randomly, still can't fix it

EDIT : This fix it madVRhdrMeasure158b

upload_2022-3-23_0-11-17.png

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    PrEzi likes this.
  20. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    This driver sucks, don't update! Every time I reboot my PC Wattman settings reset and once my computer shut down when watching video (though this might have been related to another factor). It seems when major new features are introduced or an interface revamp is carried out, AMD drivers fail you. Even though this driver is WHQL certified, that doesn't seem to mean anything other than you are able to boot your PC at minimum.