AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition: 22.3.1 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MerolaC, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Nvidia also has no NIS support for mobile gpus. It has something to do with switchable graphics.

2. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rx580 Pulse 8Gb
    I simply enable ris and now it is globally?

3. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    Interesting, thanks for that bit of info. I find it strange because I am running a monitor from the USB-C port which is directly driven by the DGPU which means there is no switchable graphics to speak of in this configuration. Oh well, I never used FSR anyways so I guess I don't care. I just wanted to see the new toggle in my drivers was all.

4. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    So I have a 1080p monitor and a 5700 XT. I basically can't use RSR because I get 60 in anything and 120 in almost anything at 1080p. The few games where I can't reach 1080p120 either are modern games with built-in FSR or are DX12 games that have no Exclusive Fullscreen (looking at you, Halo Infinite, God of War, Gears of War 5).

Then again, Gears 5 has *amazing* TAA reconstruction and Halo Infinite is almost there, but I can use Magpie for Halo.

Phaz already tried VSR and it seems you can't combine with RSR, which is disappointing.

5. HD64G

HD64G Active Member

GPU:
    SapphirePulseRX5700
    That RSR feature is great for 4K monitor owners and good for the 1440P ones.

6. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    RSR on Halo Infinite does not work with 5120x1440 Samsung Odissey display and a resolution of 3840x1080 as the app itself says .... Do you have any idea? Tips...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    it would be great if they fixed the cyberpunk shadow bug........................

DanielRX likes this.
  8. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700 XT
    Probably doesn't work in Halo Infinite at all because it's a DX12 game with no Exclusive Fullscreen option.

Magpie and Lossless Scaling work though.

Makaveli likes this.
  9. illusiveman

illusiveman Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6700XT
    RSR requires the game to have fullscreen support. Halo Infinite only has borderless...it does not work in halo. If you want to upscale, the game has a resolution scale in the video options menu :)

PhazDelta, Undying and HD64G like this.
  10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    This is great thanks!!!!

11. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel Haswell iGPU
    97a.jpg

AMD rush Radeon Super Resolution due to working on FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.0 as well the deadline for Q2 2022 release. hope AMD upgrade RSR in upcoming drivers or at least add RSR 2.0 (in driver) based on FSR 2.0 tech.

Update: "RSR support currently requires Windows® 10 / Windows® 11 based desktop systems with discrete AMD Radeon™ RX 5000 Series / Radeon™ 6000™ Series Graphics and a full installation of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.3.1 or later."

no wonder why I didn't see a difference, I had my installation on second setting (min installed), hope this info helps.

somemadcaaant likes this.
  12. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    W5500/WX7100/RX570
    Was curious and tested these on my Radeon Pro W5500, lol i see absolutely no difference "performance/fps" wise compared to the Adrenalin 20.8.3 drivers(20.8.3 is more stable in games performance wise). Only thing which runs faster is the crappy UI control panel. Runs ok with my RX 570 , but 21.q3 enterprise still is faster using that card compared to these new drivers. Just my setup anyway.

13. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    amd.jpg

14. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT

Thank you for the suggestion
    ... I had not understood ... in fact he wants it to be full screen . Anyway just started this is what appeared on my screen, I hope it will help someone ...

Screenshot (7).png

15. Trunks0

Trunks0 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 6600XT
    No real point to using FSR tech in Halo, as the built in scaler is pretty awesome sauce.

Nope. From what I understand temporal based methods require game-data to function properly. So you can't do it driver side, same reason you don't see DLSS being done driver side.

16. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Member

GPU:
    rx5700xt
    You need to set the in game resolution to be below your native resolution, so if your native resolution is 1440p then in game needs to be 1080p or if your native resolution is 1080p then set in game resolution to the one below 1080p. Also the game must be running in exclusive full screen.
    It actualy tells you this if you click on the ? next the Super Resolution

From what I've seen when you do this you get the frame rate of 1080p but it really does make it look like 1440p

Krteq likes this.
  17. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    I have no issue with this driver.

Kuss, somemadcaaant and GSDragoon like this.
  18. gabsvm

gabsvm Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Well i suppose thats a good thing. No performance lose updating the driver.

Kuss and MyEinsamkeit like this.
  19. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    i was wrong i did uninstall my AMD driver with DDU and rest factory now everything work good RSR work on Elder ring and The Evil Within 2 Wolfenstein Youngblood without any problem but i have 1080p it look bad LOL it useless for RX6900XT i need upgrade my monitor to 1440p or 4K

Krteq likes this.
  20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    Go ultrawide baby lol. 16:9 sucks lol Going from 3440x1440 to 2560x1080 sucks.

Undying and PhazDelta like this.