AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Indra881, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    So, these variables are all in a user defined text file, right? I make one called "dxvk.conf" and have in the folder with the exe? Also, would having true instead of 1 be fine as that's what was in the guide I used for setting up async. Thanks for all the discussion it is helpful.

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    You can do it that way, or use Environment Variables

3. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    I think rtss is causing blackscreens atleast in apps that it hooks into like whatsapp desktop.
    Also enchanced sync and fullscreen optimisations cannot be turned on at same time, just tested and wow instantly blackscreened when pressing windows button.
    Then i pressed windows button + ctrl+shift+b it flashed but did not recover.
    Then i waited 30 seconds it remained permanently frozen.
    So i plugged in an usb device just to see if it played hardware detect sound cos audio was still going for my game.
    It instantly played and recovered after with a tdr

Im seriously starting to think either my gpu is faulty or driver issue.
    Also i may be imaging it but in world of warcraft on 22.3.1 my cpu boost to 4,9 ghz while on 22.11.2 only to 4.6 ghz and its using different cores its completly ignoring prefered cores i think

But also if i play back 4 blood its using first 4 threads best core on ccd 1 and second best core on same ccd so 4 threads.

Also world of warcraft has deadlock bug issue with 2 threads, if confirmed that this issue exist probably for everyone currently, even Nvidia users even my 10 year old laptop reports the same on proces analyzer i wonder if Blizzard broke something badly, it effects all Blizzard games it seems.

Also im growing super depressed feels like AMD engineer hacked into my system and is trolling me, im having a mental breakdown, i just want to die already.

4. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Enchanced sync, fullscreen optimisation AND windowed game optimisation.
    Either 2 of them works... okay, but as soon as you enable third one, they don't work normally at all.

And as i said, i have no idea how do you manage to hook RTSS into WhatsApp
    Also do you even use new WhatsApp version from Microsoft Store?
    Tbh it does have annoying type of overlay when calling. It cannot be as easily moved as before, and it expands on clicking. F that. But it works great. And chat interface looks neat (and better than in old one)

5. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    I think it just detects hardware acceleration on the app so it hooks into it, heck AMD own fps tracker bugs out and can track firefox picture in picture fps instead while its up during a game
    Maybe rtss is bugging out similar way because sometimes i see it record fps cos i have 2e screen setup with a fps tracker via rainmeter if switched mine now tho to track fps via AMD ADL tho via hwinfo instead of rtss in hwinfo

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    More convenient and reliable to define the environment variables, just start typing envinronment variables in search and choose the Environment Variables option and add the necessary ones.

.conf files apply only locally and they used to be unreliable too iirc for some options.

You very much want ASYNC and STATE CACHE PATH defined in env. variables (globally).
    Latter works with both builds of DXVK and the ASYNC variable is needed for async build and the non async build just ignores it.

Having the cache path is useful as all cache files will be there so you can easily just delete all of them if you run into problems.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    HD64G and Exostenza like this.
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    As far as I can tell most your problems are in wow that are also known issues so I don't quite follow what is there to get depressed about let alone kms but you do you.

somemadcaaant likes this.
  8. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Ive absolutely no idea what any of this means, i just download the drivers, instal them and games play fine, why is there a need to go into this complexity or is it a very specific game/driver/GPU issue?

9. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
  10. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    So HW acceleration, just checked and my 6900xt is running fine using it with YouTube, 144hz main and a 60hz secondary.
    Then again i dont see any difference with it on or off to be honest.
    I did have an issue going back a few drivers where if i started a game on my main screen while YT was playing onb the secondary, everything went into slow stuttery motion but thats been gone for i think the last three drivers.

Krteq likes this.

11. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Just an idea, I don't even know if what I'm saying makes sense :)

I think these issues are with certain monitors and the VRAM bandwidth allocation. Like how in the beginning the VRAM clocks were maxed out for all people and after a while they started to fix it in the drivers. I think the fix is not working with some monitors or multiple monitors configs and VRAM clocks being almost zero at idle, the GPU doesn't have the required bandwidth in certain scenarios. Maybe that's why when using relive the problems disappear( because it maxes out the VRAM clocks).

12. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    My VRam clocks have remained high, its no real biggie to be honest as i dont OC so run it at stock, allbeit stock all the time ha ha

13. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    And you don't have any issues like stuttering in web browsers, flickering, black screens or system freeze, right ? Curios if the VRAM clocks go down at idle for people that have these issues.

14. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    AMD not listing issues that are obviously driver issues as long they wont list it im gonna assume hardware failure with my GPU

edit: since i disabled fullscreen optimisations globally i think now if i run whatsapp video call without game running it stutters, but as soon as i run a game it stops stuttering and its smooth not sure if drivers are trolling me again or found a fix cos normally it always stutters

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    If you suspect hardware failure then RMA the gpu.

Krteq likes this.

16. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Need proof thats the thing i should be having artifacts and other issues, the only clue i have sometimes my bios says post ok while if display port cable and hdmi is missing it give white led for missing gpu, but in rare case i boot with blackscreen and no white led but i get display in windows like super rare so if suspected memory errors but im not getting any with vram test either

Anyway as far wow freezes go if started testing now with PBO off stock clocks and my 2e display disconnected cos if noticed least 1 other user that had freeze also had 2e display.

Also i know rtss adds dwm latency i think which is key in getting blackscreens so i think the key of improving stability is just to focus on dwm stability and that becomes more unstable with 2e display especially if 2e display does not match refresh rate of primary, i may just make a raspery pi to display the stuff i usually display on my 2e monitor and connect that to pi that way i wont have to face dwm related issues with multi monitor setups.

17. Nicholas Bond

Nicholas Bond Active Member

GPU:
    Rx6900xt

Could you not run the gpu in some other machine maybe friends or speak nicely to a local computer repair/ builder guy or shop?

18. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Yeah i am not doing that its waterblocked and its to easy for shop to say your gpu is broken just buy a new one here is our offerings, if seen people return AMD hardware to many times and then still have issue after even 3 replacements.
    I wish i had a osciliscope and knew how to use it so i can test if my PSU is having normal ripple under load eitherway if the psu is bad im sure my hardware already suffered plenty of damage.

If you turn off fullscreen optimisations then enchanced sync stops working atleast if you turn off fullscreen optimisations globally in windows 11 via reg tweak

I wonder if i can force of vsync globally with fullscreen optimisations turned off gloablly now

19. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    It's a mystery for sure

20. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Im actually running with MPO enabled which has many blackscreens for me.
    So far i discovered enchanced sync does not work if fullscreen optimisations are turned off, and if globally turned off.
    If i force of vsync with MPO on atleast i am not blackscreening right away with fullscreen optimisations off.
    With fullscreen optimisations off however i can force of vsync, if i turn on vsync in game it wont turn on vsync anymore.

Now i wonder if i still get system freezes or issues at all if forcing off vsync.
    If turned off my 2e monitor.

If read somewhere that after certain update forcing off fullscreen optimisations is no longer possible but the reg key was not missing for me so i just tested it and so far it seems to work.

So my guess is if enchanced sync is on with fullscreen optimisations it works but i blackscreen so AMD is lying again about fixing something.

And some one at AMD must be thinking that enchanced sync still works when turning off fullscreen optimisations making claims that enchanced sync is fixed or perhaps does not know that enchanced sync does not function without fullscreen optimisations, anyway im getting more confused every day or either enchanced sync is so inconsistent that it does not engage all the time.

edit: Correction Enchanced sync does work without fullscreen optimisations, it may be inconsisstent and not always engage, something is making enchanced sync turn off.

Oke it seems video playback or doing a video call in whatsapp turns of enchanced sync
    But i am certain with fullscreen optimisations on + enchanced sync on i get blackscreens i guess fullscreen optimisations is what is broken in this case technically not enchanced sync depending who you wanna blame.

edit: now i just blackscreened with whatsapp video call under 2 minutes again its so random and without running rtss while playing a video at same time.

These drivers are so inconsistent in how it functions at random times enchanced sync is not even on either because a video looping in background.

edit: drivers are very inconsisstent i don't know anymore what is causing what i don't trust AMD but i don't trust any third party software either anymore im getting ptsd just from installing optional drivers

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022