AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.1 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by justdoge, Nov 15, 2022.

1. LizzyWizzy

LizzyWizzy Guest

GPU:
    Hellhound RX 6600
    I just tried setting up the custom resolution with 141Hz refresh rate and CVT-RB Standard selected, but this time VRAM clock is high again. No black screen while playing games.

Update:

I just resetted everything and re-created custom resolution with CVT-RB Standard selected and 140Hz refresh rate, added FreeSync block with 48-140Hz range, the VRAM clock and temperature are down with no black screen so far while gaming.

Thank you so much for the help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  2. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    flickering inside app when screen recording and alt tabbing with MPO disabled, seems screenrecording wants to engage something and if it cannot it will flicker, not verified yet if this also happens when not forcing vsync off

3. BlackFireHawk

BlackFireHawk Active Member

GPU:
    6800xt
    Did Simeone testet other mpo values as 0 and 5?

I force globaly Gsync Off (MPO enabled) and i was shocked how smooth my 240hz Display is

4. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    I believe based on value it supports either bunch of mpo planes or go's to the compositor or whatever for compatibility
    I would be glad to test if i knew what each value does from 0 to 5 or any value that exist

5. Ojref

Ojref Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 7900 XTX
    Well, I have 2x UW 100Hz freesync monitors, high idle memory clocks, and that whole exercise of using CRU to do custom resolutions was fruitless. Someone's already reopened the ticket with AMD. They're going to have to do better than this.

6. Nicholas Bond

Nicholas Bond Active Member

GPU:
    Rx6900xt
    When my vr headset is on, hp g2 it also causes this high vram problem. Any solution for this? Amd software doesn't show vr headset as another monitor

100hz monitor
    90hz hp g2 vr headset

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    This info was posted already, I guess you totally missed it.

0 = default settings, can be 2 or 3 frames depending on driver, same as if there is no entry
    1-4 = # of frames used for MPO
    5 = disabled

8. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Just when i thought my system freezes where cos of my PSU being in single rail i found out i was right al along.
    So i had default vsync control on off unless app specifies, then enchanced sync on vsync off in game.
    So i wanted to test if i have vsync on in game and screen recording if vsync will overide enchanced sync, but when i turned on vsync pc froze just like it always does randomly, so when it freezes it is because vsync engages when it should not engage.
    Im kinda tempted in trying this again.
    if set my psu in single rail mode.

Anyone opinion tho ?
    2x 980 pro 2 tb
    2x 860 evo 1 tb raid0
    2x mx500 2 tb mx500 raid0
    1x 4 tb mechanical drive
    4x 8 gb sticks ddr4 3600 samsung b die
    x570-e
    and 10 argb fans vardar + d5 pump
    5950x pbo on PPT 200 tdc 160 edc 140 due edc bug normally 190
    6900 XT at rage tuning profile pulling 270w instead of 255w

Surely Be Quiet! dark rock power pro 12 1200 can power this even on multi rail if right rails are used ?

edit: i just realized i did not enable vsync yet until hitting apply it just happened when interface option drop down menu opent while enchanced sync on default vsync setting off unless app specificies.

testing test overlay settings on 1 whatsapp video call has a green tint and flickers and go's crazy laggy at times

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  9. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    This driver is slaying it on my 6800 XT and 6800m. No problems what so ever - just buttery smooth games. As usual, this is another high class driver from AMD's Radeon team for both of my systems. I also just setup a buddy on his new 6900 XT / 5800X3D and he is slaying it with this driver as well having zero issues and buttery smooth game play. He came over to the red team after I convinced him to not get a 3070 Ti (he got a 6900 XT for just $100 CAD more than the 3070 Ti) and he said coming from an RTX 2070 Super to AMD has been amazing in terms of the software. His words were he is a total convert to AMD now and just loves the all inclusive nature of the Radeon Control Panel without all the BS that nVidia throws at you with gefore experience etc... Great to be getting more and more friends on that super sweet RDNA 2 experience.

Just a couple buds loving our time on team red.

Gotta love that AMD software experience!

HD64G likes this.
  10. arvan

arvan Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1080 AMP!
    i wonder if the blackscreen / driver timeout MPO problem only exist on 6800XT? knowing a friend doesnt a have a single problem with his new 6700XT. Also on windows 11.

11. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    I have a 6900 XT i have blackscreens, it probably monitor based the way it refreshes and handles vram or memory loads at light loads, if been curious if i could setm y memory to always stay full clocks if i still would have issues, or it may be limitation of resolution and refresh rate based on bandwith needed

12. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 7800XT TUF
    Old AMD drivers = MPO - 2
    New AMD drivers = MPO - 3
    Nvidia drivers = MPO - 4

If MPO - 1 it should also mean disabled.
    At least that's what Nvidia users get when they apply regedit from what i know

On AMD MPO disables only partially for some reason, it still have planes, but BDO still able to work with unlocked FPS with borderless window (without MPO it should be forced to follow vsync until exclusive fullscreen, like it does with Windows 10)

Indra881 likes this.
  13. BlackFireHawk

BlackFireHawk Active Member

GPU:
    6800xt
  14. Tadeo

Tadeo Member

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 16GB
    I have 6800 (non XT) and DELL S3422DWG and after 22.11.1 blackscreens seems very often. Win 11 22H2.

15. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Forcing MPO to 2 planes on newer drivers will result in some greenish box flickering.
    NVIDIA recommends not to set VSYNC globally to disabled.
    Does anyone know what the NVIDIA drivers default to when VSYNC is set to application controlled but the application hasn't specified any behavior?
    I assume it defaults to on?

16. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    If default vsync control is set to forced on or by aplication and game has vsync on and you screenrecording then enchanced sync will be overriden by in game vsync or default vsync control option and drop fps, i do not know if this is because of enchanced sync turning off while screen recording.

I know screenrecording can fix blackscreens so the blackscreens are defiantly triggered by vsync control behaviour the default behavior is not like it should be, but for some reason when screenrecording that changes.

I do not know why, if suspected vsync for a long time.
    vsync also breaks freesync especially with MPO enabled don't bother using overlays or picture in picture it drop fps in game which it should't do when vsync is off.

17. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    when will AMD fix the gif browser of tenor in discord/whatsapp desktop etc?

Indra881 likes this.
  18. Tadeo

Tadeo Member

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 16GB
    Let me guess: Soon ? :D

Attached Files:

19. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    My screen recording has been f**ked since i got a VRR monitor, i really need to work out why.

20. Cp0

Cp0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Liquid Dev 7900 XTX
    Haha that reminds me scrolling thru that on old whatsapp desktop app would crash just going thru gifs it did this on 22.5.1 as well

[​IMG]

Really helps having a 2e screen that can set 12 bit color depth, since MPO defiantly does not support 12 bit color depth

edit:
    I swear to god my gpu is clocking higher then it should even on stock it clocks it self 2550mhz core clock and this is after i experienced a freeze that recovered from a tdr

[​IMG]
    i cant be the only one experiencing these freezes.
    ignore max clocks on memory cos that is a bug AMD has claimed to have fixed in the past but have lied about fixing.

edit: if i set custom and gpu tuning it defaults to 2479mhz

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022