AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.1 - Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by justdoge, Nov 15, 2022.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thanks, but, just tried and still the same.

2. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RX 6750XT 12G
    Welcome to the Moscow at mid summer. . . 27-30 degrees but you feel like you melt down.
    Tbh it is even worse if you have windows on sunny side. Good thing i have conditioner. Without it i don't know what i would've done.

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Oh, man, I'd hope that was the temp mid summer! Here it's 35~42°

Sorry for the offtopic.

4. DimkaTsv

DimkaTsv Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RX 6750XT 12G
    Well, you don't have 2 layers of plastic windows with isolated space between them that opens up right on sun 65% of daytime.
    It becomes HOT there. Much hotter than on street.
    Without conditioner my PC definitely would've not feel well. As well as me.

5. LizzyWizzy

LizzyWizzy New Member

GPU:
    Hellhound RX 6600
    I just realized that I have the high idle VRAM clock issue and I was pointed to this thread. I am using two monitors (1080p 144Hz + 1080p 60Hz).
    I tried the editing with CRU but didn't work. I got "no input detected" message on my primary monitor.
    The only workaround for me is to set the refresh rate from 144Hz to 100Hz on the primary monitor or disconnect the second monitor.

6. Jenda

Jenda Member

GPU:
    6700XT 12GB
    Its true. If you ENABLE them your gpu score is lower in firestrike and perfomance in games is lower too. Same goes for texture filtring. low/standard/high.

Tooltips are wrong since the beginning.

7. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    than we must wait other 3 gpu card gens to see a char edit in a static string I guess

8. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900 XT H2O
    my memory clocks down even with wallpaper engine running with 3840x1600 @ 144hz and 1080x1920 @ 60 hz
    They fixed it a long time ago in first driver update that mentioned fixing memory clocks, but they should stop saying fixed, they should say made improvements with memory idle clocks to down clock on more configurations and setups, cos that is more accurate of the changes they make, fixing would mean that it would downclock even if you had 2x 8k display at 240hz not that it exist but you get the idea, this would defiantly not downclock right now

LizzyWizzy likes this.
  9. HD64G

HD64G Active Member

GPU:
    SapphirePulseRX5700
    Check if that is working well with 120Hz instead of 100Hz.

10. LizzyWizzy

LizzyWizzy New Member

GPU:
    Hellhound RX 6600
    The VRAM clock stays high with everything above 100Hz.

Update:
    I found a workaround via Reddit. I created custom resolution with CVT-RB Standard timing via CRU and now the VRAM clock and temperature are down.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
    HD64G likes this.

11. Indra881

Indra881 New Member

GPU:
    3060 Tİ
  12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yes, this is the way I do it too for the 165hz display connected.

LizzyWizzy likes this.
  13. Flamenwerfer93

Flamenwerfer93 New Member

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    On 22.5.1 I had a driver timeout when using my RX6600XT. The solution that worked for me was to go to Tuning Tab for GPU, and lower only the Frequency (I lowered mine from 100%, to 90%). I did not experience a drawback in performance. It solved my driver timeout issue; previously the driver timeout would go after 5-10s when playing any game, but after this adjustment the error didn't occur for more than 2hrs, and it never happened afterwards.

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Dell 6800XT 16GB
    Running 2 displays. GPU staying chilly.
    Screenshot_59.png

LizzyWizzy likes this.
  15. Cp0

Cp0 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900 XT H2O
    If seen my gpu boost to 2554 mhz on core on my 6900 XT but its super rare i dont think if ever had time outs as result, i know a bad gpu can have this tho nephew had a amd gpu that would crash unless heavily and i mean heavily down clocked, the vrm's and so on probably where heavily degraded cooler on that gpu was't looking that amazing either, anyway these aren't problems you should have on a 6900 XT that is fully watercooled and having temps of a spoiled brat, watercooling extends the lifetime of your hardware assuming you aren't leaking all over the place, and doing well enough maintenance.

16. LizzyWizzy

LizzyWizzy New Member

GPU:
    Hellhound RX 6600
    Now I have different issue. While gaming (no matter the game), I'm getting "input not supported" on my primary monitor.
    Do you experience the same?

Update: FreeSync needs to be disabled, which is total bummer. It looks like FreeSync cannot handle the timing.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Not at all, but I do modify also the display in advanced extensions. That might be why.

Sin título.png

LizzyWizzy likes this.
  18. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    You don't have to disable freesync. Just set the refresh rate to 3 or 4 Hz lower.
    Select CVT-RB standard then manually enter the refresh rate...So if you have 120Hz monitor set it to 117 or 116Hz. I also had to use this solution until they fixed the max vram clocks. For my monitor this issue was fixed sometime last year.

LizzyWizzy likes this.
  19. LizzyWizzy

LizzyWizzy New Member

GPU:
    Hellhound RX 6600
    I am still getting the "Input No Support" black screen message. I added the exact data blocks as your setup and selected CVT-RB Standard on both resolution and extension block settings.

My display is 144Hz (AOC 24G2U), so I can try 140Hz. Did you change anything else in the settings?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  20. illusiveman

illusiveman Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT Ultra
    Mine is also 144Hz but it's a 1440p panel.
    I didn't change anything else, if I remember correctly it was working 100% with 141Hz. On 142Hz it was not working all the time... Everytime I powered off the monitor or reset the PC it was a 50% chance that it displayed input not supported. And on 143 and 144Hz it was always displaying input not supported.