AMD seems to be developing Nintendo NX APU

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    After Microsoft and Sony, AMD found a new client for custom  APUs. AMD develops these custom APUs for Sony's PS4 en Microsoft's Xbox One already. In this case it'll be a "semi-custom&quo...

AMD seems to be developing Nintendo NX APU

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    I wish Nintendo would return to form, something with some actual power behind it. Like I get that their games are more focused on younger generation and stuff, but the console should at least be able to play current AAA titles. They can't ride the Wii/Wii U gimmick forever.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Launch 2016, so maybe we'll see 14nm + HBM there.
    That would make very power efficient device. Those 4 HBM chips which are on Fury X eat virtually nothing on 500MHz. (They do not downclock when there is no load, at least not externally.)

May be nice handheld thingy.

4. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Or they could also go for a very cheap console that ppl from other than rich countries could actually afford ?
    ill show u what i mean, what i have to spend on a console:

it costs me 1118$ for Nintendo Wii U Premium Black The Legend of Zeldalda
    or
    1699$ for Sony Playstation 4 500GB + Grand Theft Auto V

or just sell my GPU for 500$ and buy a new one for 720$ and spend the rest of the cash on games...

that is the world for ppl wanting to play on a console - just too expensive and games my god: PS4 AAA titles goes for 329$ and PC like 150$
    we do not complain much but man, so many without internet

would u like an EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ? 2389$
    in this world - there would be a million dollar line in the front of a 1 shop if wii u was for 300$ and games for 10-30

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

5. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    It's a shame the WII U hasn't sold well, as it offers something totally different from the competition. If you only play on PC then it is a great console to own, as most aren't released on PC so you get to play something different:)

6. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I want one badly, but no go 1-2 year bank loan, if it was 1 year i would not be able to buy games, 2 year would mean i would buy a game occasionally but no cinema, no fast food, pretty much no to everything else

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I hope the next console doesn't have that weird PAL & NTSC region lock non-sense.

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I believe that's what this system is supposed to be, powerful. Could be wrong.

9. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    nope you are wrong, it was never about the graphics, its always about good gameplay, nice graphics (smooth, colorfull, not texturised to impossible levels), funky and addictive music

10. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    At those prices, why not just order stuff from the US?

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Are you talking in USD, or Polish Zloty? Because if you're talking about Polish Zloty, all of those prices are within normal, some barely higher then normal.

Your monthly minimum wage seems to be pretty low, and monthly minimum wages always confuse me, so maybe that's what you're talking about. But the value of your currency to the value of those games seem to be on par

12. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    That is how it looks like in my mind with the world wage:
    [​IMG]

13. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    With prices like that I'm surprised there isn't a much larger black/gray market for products like this.

edit\

This says here that it costs $629 USD for a Playstation 4 in Poland.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...pensive-countries-to-buy-a-playstation-4.html

Then I tried to find info on Nintendo in the Polish marketplace and discovered this article...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/11/feature_why_nintendo_isnt_popular_in_poland

I'm not sure how accurate that was, but it was definitely informative.

14. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    no one is capable of doing fake and fast GPU - it just would not be any good and when there is no black market, there's a grey area of brand new graphic cards that make some tiny little artefacts like once per week

15. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Nope they need to make this one powerful, or atleast on par with PS4. The reason being is they need 3rd party titles to survive, and they will only get that if it's similar to other consoles. The Wii U has done badly because of those reasons, people don't want it as they see it as weak (even though 1st party games are awesome on it) and 3rd party developers won't release games on it as not enough people own the console.

So making it powerful will mean more people buy it, which will also mean 3rd party developers will make games for it.

16. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    who will buy it ? ppl already have consoles, fight for PS4 price/performance was lost even with Microsofts power at the back, they would need like 4k now which is out of the boundaries even with your dollars in the pocket, almost nobody will buy a 1500$ wii u2 just like almost nobody buys Wii U in my country for over 1k, just too expensive for toy
    Sony and Microsoft knows that very well - they know how good these are selling in developing countries - they just dont. Its like i know someone who knows someone that owns a PS4.
    I maybe translate for u how good the PS4 is doing:

***346;wietne wyniki sprzeda***380;y PS4 w Polsce: 100 tys. sztuk coraz bli***380;ej

Great selling of PS4 in Poland: 100k coming...

and that's it 100k for 38.530.000 ppl
    that number should be even less with nintendo - just doesn't exist, because in Poland we want to play AAA titles, some of those ppl have a gaming PC or a PS4 - not together its very rare

17. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Because most countries can afford it. You are glossing over the fact that if Nintendo don't make a console that people want to buy and developers want to make games for, Nintendo will die. Over 10 million PS4 have been sold, so they won't have any trouble selling a console that costs more in most countries. Sucks for you, but sadly they don't look at 1 country when setting performance/price.

The Wii U was a cheap console and look how that did. In Poland they don't have a distributor which leads to higher prices. It has nothing to do with the price of the actual console or games. Until things change games and consoles will always cost more in Poland. For most other countries the prices are pretty low. They could make a really cheaper console, but in your country it would still cost a lot.

18. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    "Over 10 million PS4 have been sold"
    That is a good quote, 10m sold, and 1m bought every AAA title they wanted to and 9m bought 2-3 games yet - nice maths ? im sure there are a lot of players playing single player - because they didn't buy a PSN

oh just look:
    [​IMG]

this is no joke - nintendo "fakes" selling like crazy - with mario

19. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    I literally have no clue what you are on about.... I said over 10m, and looking at more recent info it's over 20 million. So again why wouldn't a more powerful Nintendo sell well? It's just a issue in your country, most of Europe and USA the prices are pretty low.
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/30/sony-announces-lifetime-ps4-sales-hit-223-million-mark

20. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    not only in my country i think there are a lot more in the area called: China, Russia, Ukraine, Romany and so on... like 80% of the bloody globe
    and again PS4 has sold already, nintendo will not fit in there now, innovation didn't work for them, making the fastest 1080p will not do either now, not while the marked is already filled up, what i suggest is to deeply go back in time and make a 720p simple console with simple pad - no analog sticks, no dual screen, no 3d stereoscopic, and god damn put a power supply in the box and a mario with cooperative multiplayer, no wifi (usb-additional accessory)etc...
    sorry i just see no reason that this:
    [​IMG]
    is not able to run on a 60$ box...( 4 core A53 with 4 core T760 graphics )