AMD Ryzen ZEN3 architecture not delayed, still to be released in 2020

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 17, 2020.

1. DZcreet

DZcreet Member

GPU:
    evga gtx980sc
    Thank god, I've been stoked to do a Ryzen 4000 desktop build for myself this year.

2. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Pssst, wait for Zen4 and DDR5.

Brasky and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. yeeeeman

yeeeeman Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    2020 is up until 31st of December. The fact that they launched XT parts means that Zen 3 is no less than 3 months away, so it could come at the earliest in October/November. I suspect they plan availability at holidays.
    As for XT parts, don't lie to yourself. They started to get better frequency capabilities on non-XT parts and now in order to get more money from buyers they overclock them for you and they ask 100$ more.

4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb

He he well i am looking forward for 4xxx so i keep my ram etc , i have a strong feeling ddr5 on the lunch year would be rather expensive :p

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    While you are right, do you think it will magically be 25% perf increase? I have my doubts... also, not sure this will come 2021.

6. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090 G9 240Hz
    To be honest can't see myself upgrading in long time now. Quite happy with my 3900x running @ 4.35GHz an fabric 1866 with cas 14 ram.

https://valid.x86.fr/17hpjh

7. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Nah, I thought he is on DDR3 system. Maybe its not that bad to get RAM for single build.

fantaskarsef and craycray like this.
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Oh there is a thread talking about this in the AMD section

9. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Sapphire Tri-x
    Zen2 refresh at higher prices only tells us that Zen3 will cost a lot in comparation to Zen2 at release

10. Megastitious

Megastitious Member

GPU:

https://www.pcgamer.com/amds-next-gen-zen-3-cpus-will-work-in-400-series-motherboards-after-all/

Sounds like all 400 mobos will be able to support them.

11. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    You do realize the XT refreshed CPU's are the exact same MSRP as the X parts were on release?

moo100times likes this.
  12. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio

Dude. Why are you such a fanboy? Every single thread is just the same damn thing over and over and over, every time you open your mouth. Give it a rest for once.

Is intel buying you a new house or a car? If not then be a consumer like the rest of us, buy what makes most sense at the time of your purchase. And even if Intel made the most sense for you to buy, stop tyring to impose your decisions on the rest of us. You are not Jesus, so we have no obligation to listen to you. End of story.

Brand fanboyism is only going to hurt us, not help us. Stop acting like a 12 year old.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    What are you talking about? I was asked a question and I answered it. You are the one getting defensive for no reason. I buy Intel and AMD. And you totally ignored that fact and ignored how I was looking into buying an AMD system over the 10400. Go away.

14. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Quite mature. Read your very first post on this thread and then follow it all the way to this, then you tell me. I feel like you should be permabanned to set an example.

Edit: Anyway, I don't have time for kids on the internet, just wanted to post once to at least show you the mirror. I will let HH do as he sees fit.

15. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    If people don't like the pricing, don't buy them, buy the earlier versions that dropped in price. Or buy nothing. Or wait for Zen 7 and ddr 12. There's always something on the horizon.

16. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    100% agreed, and by then I hope intel will have a decent chip as well, and we can decide which one works best for us.

17. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Right, banned for having an opinion (which others here agree with, btw, even in this thread) and answering questions. That's mature too, bud. You could also just not respond if you all you want to do is selectively quote things I say and ignore other things. Go take a chill pill and stop taking something personally you shouldn't be.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    I wouldn't be surprised if some 300 series mobos would support Zen 3 as well.

It ultimately is up to the manufacturers.
    Already with Zen 2 ROM chip size was a problem but older mobos simply dropped support for some older CPUs with ComboAM4 BIOSes.

AFAIK no reason why the same wouldn't work here.

Also Zen 2 isn't "officially" supported by 300 series either based on AMD's slides but lo and behold, I am running one successfully.

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I wouldn't be either with some 300 series chipsets with certain boards. If you look at the ASUS x570 boards including the ROG Strix x570-E Gaming they added 1st generation Zen support as well as 1st Gen APUs.
    https://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-x570-motherboard-delivers-first-gen-amd-ryzen-support

20. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    Passing thought. I would laugh so hard if these refresh chips outperformed the new intel line.