AMD Ryzen ZEN3 architecture not delayed, still to be released in 2020

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    lol

That is all. :rolleyes:

2. kviksand81

kviksand81 Member

GPU:
    ASUS VEGA 56 STRIX
    In AMD's official announcement about the XT processors, they mention the "optimised 7 nm process" and go on to explain that it isn't just about the clockspeed increase, but also for how long boost frequencies can be achieved within the same power envelope.

Certain things are hidden in the finer detail... But most people tend to ignore that, however, it remains to be seen when benched what kind of improvement we're looking at.

So... Patience, young paddawans, patience...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Projection is mental illness. While it is defensive mechanism that makes you "reassign" your own bad properties to someone others (just so you do not have to face reality), it does change nothing on fact that they are yours.

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Is there any news if there is going to be a Zen 3+ after or is there no time between and they'll likely go straight to Zen 4?

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    lol

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I was "" close to buying an AMD MB t'other day, then the news story, and now a reversal???

Goram rumours

7. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    If you are referring to me i use corsair 100i pro i have replace the fans with noctua+cryonat paste sorry for my english i also have youtube channel with videos only for my use if not then sry.But this comment is not true:No Zen cpu in existence can sustain 4.6 Ghz on all cores simultaneously on Air/Water

8. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    What do you have now? How will you use your new computer? If a new system is not needed, maybe wait until the end of the year.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    [​IMG]

AND

[​IMG]

Embra likes this.
  10. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Didn't you say you just bought a 10900K and a 10400, and you're coming from a 9900K? Hmmm...who's really the fanboy here. Sounds like a pretty similar side-grade situation to me. Hope you're on a 1080p monitor so you relish in those 5 extra frames.

The hypocrisy here is amazing.

AsiJu, HandR, mikeysg and 9 others like this.

11. Borys

Borys Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    This is the notice that Intel wont to know.... this new Zen line will put Intel to the grave.... and even when they put something to try battle with Zen 3 the AMD will reduce the price making no competition...
    The hard times has arrived blue side... 2020 and 2021 talking about CPU sales will be 90% AMD and 10% the rest! This is the price of selling obselete CPUs at premium prices!
    My R5 3600 @4.2 all cores (USD 170) and MSI B450 Tomahawk (USD 90) send kisses! Top performance in any games and aplications... never saw using more than 40% of CPU and never goes beyond 75º.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    AsiJu likes this.
  12. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Still have the 9900k system. The 10900k is another system. I've been on record here saying anyone who has a 9900k should not "upgrade", certainly not to a 10700k. I guess a 10900k if you need the extra 2 cores and like the Intel ecosystem. Mine wasn't an upgrade, it was another system for a specific use case.

And along with the 10400, I also have a Ryzen 3 2200g system.
    I did consider AMD before buying the 10400 for that system, but the best deal I could find was the 10400 and a MSI mpg z490 gaming edge wifi. The equivalent AMD system would have been more expensive, and I would have had to buy a separate GPU. The 10400 has the built in graphics which is all it needed for that system.

So yeah, nice try. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  13. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Whatcha doing with all them PC's? My curiosity is genuinely piqued.

patteSatan likes this.
  14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I think it might make sense to wait a day or two before posting news with low credibility... so things verify themselves.

patteSatan likes this.
  15. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    XT models is just a refresh. This is what tech companies do, Especially to please OEM's. We wanted processors to work on our existing boards, right? Stop crying about it.
    In my last post I mentioned how to wait for an official launch window announcement from AMD VS all saying it's delayed to 2021. Well lookie-lookie here.
    Now, best-case worst-case I've heard through the industry is launch windows for 4000 series is Sept 30th to December 2020, pretty much puts it in Q4. Nothing wrong with that, as I said before, they've had big shake-ups with contract reservations at TSMC, so it wouldn't surprise me seeing some bit of delay here or there (though not huge) in up-coming products.

Some people had lambasted AMD for the XT being only a little bit faster. To them I have a word or two, just for them, because they're special today:
    Hey, genius, since you're so much smarter than us, go buy the newest iteration of Sky Lake, play your shooty-shooty game with 3 more fps, and leave the rest of us to have an intelligent discussion, alright? It's not like this has never been done before. No this totally has not been going on for the last 25~35 years at all in the processor industry, along with every other industry that sells product to a spec.

I was at a loss for any words but the ones above with how to phrase this any nicer. Sorry, but I got a little tired of reading it on every last AMD thread on here.

patteSatan likes this.

16. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    what ecosystem ? oO other than 1 -2 applications that intel has the edge .... there is nothing amd cpus can run and intel can't and vice versa .... is not like Windows vs Macintosh.
    from the mention of 2 extra cores i assume you do not mean gaming cause from 8 to 10 cores ... in gaming you certainly don't need em ... so i am looking to find this ecosystem !

17. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Even if we accept that reasoning, the main problem is with timing. Putting out a minor refresh now, a few months before a full replacement is supposed to launch, just feels odd. Super came out a long time before the 3000 series - which still isn't here. :)

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I was right to take that previous report with a grain of salt. If AMD were to delay Zen3 it would alienate the late b450 and x470 adopters because users of those boards would have said that AMD should have supported Zen3 from the get go instead of doing what they did before the change.

19. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Yes, well obviously not just for gaming. All these CPUs can run everything. I think a 6 core or 8 core, like the 10700k is still the sweet spot for gaming. But Intel is still for people who primarily game and also do other work applications. And while yes, in some games the gain is not big. There are cases where there are big gains - depends on the engine. Like Ubisoft titles for example. I use my 10900k system for gaming and Handbrake, so the extra 2 cores come in handy and obviously the gaming is great mixed with the all-core 5.1ghz frequency and no, the 10900k doesn't throttle or burn, at max load with Handbrake 85c with my beefy air cooler.

The 9900k is my home plex server. The 10900k is for gaming and also to render titles with Handbrake for the plex server. The 10400 is the significant others system and the AMD system is the "family" computer.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  20. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    dang and my wife just started using my 3700X system because I have to share my VR headset with her. Perhaps I can get her to spring for a 3900XT for me er "us" I mean. :D

AsiJu, Fox2232 and Maddness like this.