AMD Ryzen Unboxing video - A peek at the Ryzen 7 1800X Reviewer Kit from AMD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Xuanzang

Xuanzang Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Thanks for the unboxing video HH. Very cool. :)

2. Sunesha

Sunesha Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 960 4gb ssc Evga
    Cool, thanks for showing us all stuff. Nice they setup reviewers with good quality stuff around the Cpu.

Overclocking I really look forward to see where the limits are. Though I read around and some people writing stuff that memories over 3000 MHz would not work. Though that just random comments around net.

Though guru3d.com tests I trusted over the years. Just need to have patience =)

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 8GB
    I wanna upgrade my 3930k. But I will be on X79 for a long time. quad channel memory just looks so bad ass.

4. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 980Ti 6GB SLI
    For the first time in a long time I am actually excited about this release:bigsmile:

5. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    Nice video, so when we can expect the first benchmarks? :banana:

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  7. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    Great video H , nice to see you :) and please keep them videos coming , the more you do the easier it will become , i don't think many people like seeing and hearing themselves on video ,, that's normal .

Anyway thanks for the information on the new AMD chip , i think that anyone with any interest in PCs is very excited for the release date to come and being able to read your review here ....

8. JethroTu11

JethroTu11 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050ti
    Good video. Thank you.

There's no reason for any apologies. Your English is better than at least half of the population's here in the US.

I was hoping to see some smoke come out of your ears. :)

9. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Hilbert do you know if existing Predator AIO's will be compatible with AM4 socket? And will we be able to buy an upgrade kit from EKWB?

I am so ready to jump back to AMD, also nice to finally put a face to the name great video and also your English is perfect even better than some of us actual English people lol :p

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    pictures and videos steal your soul! as such I never in them of my free will :3eyes:

12. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Silly question, AMD sent all 3 Ryzen cpus for the review, right??? I ask this because i´m "only" interested on the 1700.

I´m glad you received the Asus Crosshair board because i might buy it if i like Ryzen.

Also i´m glad i´m not the only one who imagined you very differently... For some reason i though you´re bald and had a tattoo or more in the arms...:D Instead you look like some sort of scientist.

13. xafier

xafier Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 290
    Been on this site for about 13 years now and I think that's the first time I've seen you HH.

Loved the video, can't wait for your review. Will you get time to test with both the Noctua and the Predator? I think I'll be going with a Noctua D15 so interested to see what it can do on air, but if time is short show us how far that baby can go with the Predator 360 :D

14. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Uh no you don't. If you must it was because I was building my Bro a PC for his birthday and it made more sense to give him the old CPU and buy myself a new one. For some of the stuff I do the i5 was slowing me down.

Hopefully AMD are finally back, if they can do the same thing on the GPU front that would be great, as that's the next thing I'll be upgrading.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  15. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    Ahh you do fine your accent is alright very clear.If you do a couple more it'll get easier. I'd love to see one of your setup for review. You're just a young guy lol.Judging by the responses so far a lot of people want to see more :).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017

16. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7850 OC
    Well for someone that is not really into videos, you did great Hilbert, I am much worse.
    So, one question, NDA is lifted tomorrow or 2 of March?

I'm very eager to see reviews, so I'm sure if I can start to be anxious right now or day 2.

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    @CPC_RedDawn your current Predator will fit AM4 socket socket with an upgrade kit , read here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=412876 , you will find the information under AIO Water Cooling / EK.

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Noticed, your hands where shaking a tiny bit, but really no reason too, you did fine, probably one of the best unboxing videos to date.
    Usually I skip unboxing videos on youtube since they either got music, to low speech volume or bad video quality.
    You where straight on point and the enthusiasm could be felt too, looking forward for the review.

19. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Very good video boss, I would rather watch you (bad-accent and all) (joke) instead of Linus goofy ass! Keep up the good work cant wait for the actual review. Nick

20. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    What a handsome man, great beard! :)