AMD Ryzen Series 3000 Product Announcement thread

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    1800x did not sell. The 1700x did. No one in their right mind would buy a $500 1800x when the $350 1700x could do the same clocks. That is why we only got a 2700x with zen+. You are the only blind fanboy in this argument.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Ryzen was priced accordingly at launch because it was the only consumer chip that went up to 8 cores, not counting platforms like 2011 that were high end parts, but general consumer parts. Ryzen pushed core count and accelerated what the norm was for a consumer cpu, instead of just relying on 4c/8t as the top end general consumer chip. But notice prices went down quickly as Intel launched their new consumer chips.

Fox2232 likes this.
  3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Ryzen had 3 8 core CPU's that ranged from $330 all the way to $500 for the same 8/16 core config. Only difference was frequency. And they basically dropped the 1800x if I remember correctly.

BTW I'm not upset about the CPU prices. The 3950x may be $50 high in my opinion but it's a halo product and the first consumer grade 16core/32thread CPU.

My issue is with the price hike going from X470 the X570 and the only real difference I'm seeing is pci4.0.

4. vbetts

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    But again, these were the only consumer grade 8 core parts. It brought us a higher core count at what could be considered consumer grade pricing. For the same price as an i7 with 4c/8t at the time, you get double the cores and threads. 1700x and 1800x pricing more or less were the 2 you bought if you wanted to rely on XFR or push a higher clock and higher memory clock with better timings.

Embra and Loophole35 like this.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Please read my edit. I got caught up in Aura's strawman.

airbud7 likes this.
  6. vbetts

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Gotcha!

I do agree with that, but what it seems like to me is AMD is trying to be a more serious platform now where Ryzen established them, now they can enter the game of being a contender. Which costs R&D, which costs money. The good thing is for the general consumer, X470 and B450 are still supported and being made.

Loophole35 likes this.
  7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    1700x was $399, thanks anyways for trying.

And 1800x sold just fine. Yes, 1700x likely sold better, though the only available graphs we have dont really say it did all that much better

[​IMG]

By your own definition the 9900k didnt sell well either because something below it, that is cheaper and easier to purchase for the masses, sold better.......news flash, thats how it always works.

But lets look at this mythical price gouging amd is doing.....

2017 - 16 core 3.4ghz base 4.0ghz boost $999 HEDT system requiring expensive motherboard and more expensive ram (if you want quad-channel)
    2018 - 16 core 3.5ghz base 4.4ghz boost $899 HEDT system requiring expensive motherboard and more expensive ram (if you want quad-channel)
    2019 - 16 core 3.5ghz base 4.7ghz boost $749, can use with cheap lower end chipsets from past 2 years

Oh, yeah yeah yeah no totally i seeeeeee it now....man that price gauging! I hate paying less for more!

8. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Is AMD setting the price on the boards? Isn't that up to the board manufacturers?

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That I'm not sure of but I would imagine they have a say in it.

@Aura89 since you continue to ignore the original point I was making and instead flame, troll and post up new strawmen argument because you can't invalidate the original statement you have found your way to my very short ignore list. Hell even Undying isn't on my ignore list.

10. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Member

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Does anyone know the cache sizes of the 3800X and the 3900X?

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its in the article.

Nicked_Wicked likes this.
  12. Nicked_Wicked

Nicked_Wicked Member

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Ah I missed that one, thanks. Seems it's gonna be the 3900X for me.

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

Man i hope so, given your trolling posts i'll finally be able to reply to your nonsense and you won't be able to reply back with even more nonsense. Thank god.

14. vbetts

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Yeah guys, we can stop this back and forth now.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. karma777police

karma777police Member Guru

GPU:
    What malware...getting some kind of malware because you run 9900k for example is next to impossible...let's get that out of way.

I am just saying that in my book knowing what kind of sheep people are, getting 9900k or 2066 socket CPU for dirt cheap will be the best deal for me. All I need is to replace CPU with the one with more cores...pretty cheap upgrade in my book.

16. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I'm going to be gaining 2 more cores and a silly amount of single and multi threaded performance over my 1600X with a 3700X. That's what I call pretty cheap. Even gonna use my cheap $80 mobo.

carnivore and Aura89 like this.
  17. Borys

Borys Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    The Ryzen 3XXX will put INTEL DOWN!
    Let the fanaticism fanboys with 5FPS more in some games (really little titles) and the smart people with better performance, better price, better efficient and more security!
    The new absurd of the blue side fanboys now is that you dont need more cores to game... LOL... no dude... I wanna more with better price! Do you really learned something at this forum?!?!
    CONGRATULATIONS AMD! THE NEW KING CPU!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Mate, do us all favor and stop using CAPS for entire sentences. I understand that you want to highlight something. But when you write that limited amount of text, there is really no need.
    Especially since we have actual formatting tools for underlining/bolding of text.

Your post may be pure love, but it annoys the hell even out of me.
    I see you fixed it. Thanks, much better.

19. vbetts

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Number one, caps.

Number two, troll posts will get you no where. Please refrain from posting this in the future.

And also anyone else, don't reply to it.

20. Borys

Borys Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Gaming X
    Sorry dude!
    Like you... I hate the all time Intel fanboys saying the same bullshit and now with God thanks AMD has a better cpu... so, the post was highlight to troll them.
    I will try to control myself... lol. Sorry again!

Sorry man... but where is the troll of my message? I did tell something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2019
    Arbie likes this.