AMD Ryzen Pinnacle Ridge Processors And 400 Chipset Could Launch in March

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I completely agree. I only saw a small difference with quad channel when using sli and crossfire while pushing 7680x1080 res with 3 21:9 monitors. Thats it. It seemed to really help the min fps. Thats the only reason I even got an X79 setup. A crap load of pcielanes and sata 6gb native. X58 lacked 3.0 pcie and native sata 6gb. And I went to ryzen because its new, I wanted an AMD rig again, and wanted m.2 support.

2. SuperAverage

SuperAverage Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte xtreme 1080
    I'm looking forward to see the results of teh refresh threadripper. I've been on this 4790k for too long.

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

If gaming, why get a TR? Unless you do more then game.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    They can't come soon enough. Especially if there is mobile version of 4C/8T + 11 NCU.
    Yesterday, I (or ASUS) finally killed T100HA tablet I was messing with for years.
    So, I have only 2 x86_64 devices available.

"AMD, Move Your Ass!"

5. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

Surely , I don't see why would amd decided not to update the whole line-up of their products , imo all products will get the refresh .

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Maybe even that rumored 4C/8T + 28NCU chip for compute servers.

7. SuperAverage

SuperAverage Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte xtreme 1080
    I do more than game.

Agonist likes this.
  8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

Perfect then. I still use a dual X5550 server for anything not gaming. Its not top of the line anymore but it does what I need.

Id kill to have TR but id only go with an 8 core cpu for it. But I dont need all of that anymore like with my previous X79./X58 setups.

9. SuperAverage

SuperAverage Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte xtreme 1080
    I only really play one game, War Thunder, but I make instructional videos for it on the yootoobs. I tend to start the vids with 4k footage, and take them down to 1440 or 1080, the rendering can take some time. I'm guessing a TR with 16 cores might make that go a bit faster, and possibly editing might be a tad smoother, I'm not sure on that though.
    I could then relegate the 4790k machine to a dedicated music recording box. I don't like doing everything on the same machine, having to have music production equipment be on all the time just to play a damned game and use voice coms is annoying.
    So, I think I could use the TR for gaming and my vid production, while using this old box for music. As it stands, this box has never gotten above 30% CPU during mixing, so is certainly overkill for that task.
    I've wanted a good excuse to give some money to AMD for a while, Ryzen and TR first iteration were not QUITE enough, I'm hoping 2nd gen is.