1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Ryzen Pinnacle Ridge Processors And 400 Chipset Could Launch in March

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RX 480 Nitro 4GB
    I completely agree. I only saw a small difference with quad channel when using sli and crossfire while pushing 7680x1080 res with 3 21:9 monitors. Thats it. It seemed to really help the min fps. Thats the only reason I even got an X79 setup. A crap load of pcielanes and sata 6gb native. X58 lacked 3.0 pcie and native sata 6gb. And I went to ryzen because its new, I wanted an AMD rig again, and wanted m.2 support.

2. SuperAverage

SuperAverage Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte xtreme 1080
    I'm looking forward to see the results of teh refresh threadripper. I've been on this 4790k for too long.

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RX 480 Nitro 4GB

If gaming, why get a TR? Unless you do more then game.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    They can't come soon enough. Especially if there is mobile version of 4C/8T + 11 NCU.
    Yesterday, I (or ASUS) finally killed T100HA tablet I was messing with for years.
    So, I have only 2 x86_64 devices available.

"AMD, Move Your Ass!"

5. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

Surely , I don't see why would amd decided not to update the whole line-up of their products , imo all products will get the refresh .

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Maybe even that rumored 4C/8T + 28NCU chip for compute servers.

7. SuperAverage

SuperAverage Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte xtreme 1080
    I do more than game.

Agonist likes this.
  8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RX 480 Nitro 4GB

Perfect then. I still use a dual X5550 server for anything not gaming. Its not top of the line anymore but it does what I need.

Id kill to have TR but id only go with an 8 core cpu for it. But I dont need all of that anymore like with my previous X79./X58 setups.

9. SuperAverage

SuperAverage Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte xtreme 1080
    I only really play one game, War Thunder, but I make instructional videos for it on the yootoobs. I tend to start the vids with 4k footage, and take them down to 1440 or 1080, the rendering can take some time. I'm guessing a TR with 16 cores might make that go a bit faster, and possibly editing might be a tad smoother, I'm not sure on that though.
    I could then relegate the 4790k machine to a dedicated music recording box. I don't like doing everything on the same machine, having to have music production equipment be on all the time just to play a damned game and use voice coms is annoying.
    So, I think I could use the TR for gaming and my vid production, while using this old box for music. As it stands, this box has never gotten above 30% CPU during mixing, so is certainly overkill for that task.
    I've wanted a good excuse to give some money to AMD for a while, Ryzen and TR first iteration were not QUITE enough, I'm hoping 2nd gen is.