1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD ryzen DOES not support high freq DDR4

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by JustinBulty, Feb 16, 2017.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 580
    Reported for flamebait and Trolling with non sense , misinformation.

This are my 24/7 settings 100% stable 3 hours memtest x64 and memtest x86 , 100% stable on all my games and software not even a hick up , any issue at all. Also i have been running DDR4-3200Mhz since the first Bios as well as many people. What you have to back up this Troll statement of yours ???

What were you saying , again ??? Solid proff here:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-7-agesa-1006-performance-update-review,1.html

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=412876

[​IMG]

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I am going to issue a warning here, if you are going to spread FUD I will halt your account. This reply was typed on a Ryzen 5 machine 3200 MHz running 8~9 hour a day.

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I can even run my 3000 rated modules at 3200 just fine. That's beyond mem module specs.

You were saying? If you really are a hw reviewer you're not very good at your job.

Go spread your nonsense somewhere else. Kid.

4. Exascale

Exascale Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    I have a friend who lives in Australia asking me why his G.Skill Flare using Samsung B-Die DDR4 3200 is maxing out at 2933 supposedly.

Are you supposed to enable XMP, disable XMP and manually set speed and timings, or what? He has an MSI X370 Carbon board and a 1700x.

Are there any other relevant settings in the BIOS that meed to be changed to get the memory to 3200MHz? He said he flashed to the newest BIOS as well. Im sure i could figure it out if i was there but i live in the USA.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017

5. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    Isn't xmp Intel specific? Or am I out of date here? Set timings manually and check whether his ram is on the compatible list for the mobo.

6. Exascale

Exascale Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    Its listed as AXMP and it is on the list.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 1500/1075
    3200 has been stable for many from the get go. Now it's just stable on pretty much everyones machine with updates. And people get towards 4000 with tweaks.

8. Exascale

Exascale Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    Can you help me figure out why this guy's RAM is stuck at 2933?

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Is the ram double sided? Does Thaiphoon Burner say it is single or double rank?

10. Exascale

Exascale Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070
    Fairly sure its Samsung b die single rank.

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Have set my timings manually. DOCP just does not function in the way I think it should. Does not set all the timings from the profiles. It does the majority. Trfc needs to be set manually. At least this is how it is on the two ASUS boards have used.

If he just pops up the editor in Thaiphoon Burner, it will tell him what the values should be for all the secondary and some of the tertiary timings. After writing them down just check to see how the bios sets them or just enter all those timings in manually. AGESA 1006 should have made those plug 'n play.