1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X: Overclocked to 5 GHz Allcore faster than Intel Core i9

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    True, it's applicable for both AMD and Intel, the more cores you have the greater the chance you will have a single core within the CPU that falls short of a specific frequency at which point the CPU will become unstable., so a 8 core CPU has a greater chance in one of them cores failing to keep up with the speed of the higher clock cores which if you run prime95 you can determine which one it is... so long as it doesn't blue screen or hard lock.

2. Venix

Venix Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    I am pretty sure binning the chips is something that every company that produces chips does not all cpus that come out of the same even waffer are equal! That's why we have silicone lottery, and about oc in amd cpus i do not think they will limit it at all but we will see HH will break those puppies in the review!

sverek likes this.
  3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Binning. They save the best 6 core chiplets for 3900X and the best fully working 8 core chiplets for 3950X.

sverek and carnivore like this.
  4. las

las Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti @ 2+ GHz
    How come? The 3950X used LN2.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Yeah can we not act like a 12 year old, thanks.

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Because the article is about 16 core CPUs and this guy came in here saying he was happy with his 8-core CPU at 5.1Ghz on water, as though that was impressive. Again, show me his 16-core @ 5.1ghz on water and then we're talking.

Aww you still think its like 2001 where you can use retarded as an insult. That's so sad.

As stated above, there was no point to your post other then to state you can get to 5.1Ghz on water whereas this required LN2. So i state again: Get an intel 16-core processor to 5.1Ghz on water, then you have something to talk about in regards to this news.

7. las

las Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti @ 2+ GHz
    Well, i9-9980X has hit 5.7 or 5.8 on LN2.. 18 cores.
    I personally could not care less about LN2 clockspeeds. I don't see the point.
    You make it sound like 3950X hit 5 GHz on water.. It probably won't even do 4.5 on custom water all cores..

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019