AMD Ryzen 7950X, 7900X, 7700X and 7600X Zen4 processors pricing at Canada etailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 15, 2022.

1. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    it's going to stay that way esp considering DDR 5.
    this will still be a gaming monster on the lists next year...but still top 10 until the shinier 7800x3D comes out

cucaulay malkin and Kool64 like this.
  2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It is, but sometimes (especially in the past) the Canadian prices are just straight up higher than US prices. The actual US MSRP might be lower.

The retarded DDR5 prices are why I went for the 5800X3D and didn't bother wait to see how Zen 4 will turn out.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    BlindBison and cucaulay malkin like this.
  3. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That makes sense, i'm in for for a Motherboard, CPU and Ram upgrade. So i'm waiting on both AMD and Intel to release their Hardware and make a choice after i've read reviews. Still not sure about a GPU upgrade yet. My 3080 is doing fine at 4k for me atm.

Undying likes this.
  4. Catspaw

Catspaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080/8GB
    I don't think the price matters much (not the launch price at least).
    Prices will almost always (*cough* crypto mining *cough*) be relevant to performance.

If the price is "too high", they wont be selling enough and will lower prices to "reasonable prices".

It is relative to the performance of other competing products (not just intel but also previous gen).
    The reason Ryzen 5000 was expensive was because it was really good compared to ryzen 3000 and even intel.

The reason everyone and their mother is expecting GPUs to drop now in prices is because we understand that both AMD and nVidia have a large stock to get rid off and both are about ready to launch new products.

I know a lot of people are saying that nVidia and AMD can "stall" their launches of the new GPUs to move old stock of 6000 / 3000 series (obviously AMD is twice better :D), but remember: They have to release quarterly earnings.

They don't especially want to show a quarter with extremely low income from gaming GPUs because "They are stalling". They want to move chips and make more chips and sale those chips again. Not speculate on the price of the chips they already made (especially when gamers are already used to waiting for price drops).

However, My understanding is that AIB partners are the ones that got burned the worst with the crypto bubble, and these guys already have a rather slim margin as it is on GPUs.
    It is an interesting situation to say the least.

So in CPUs, I expect something similar. If there is a lot of demand (Honestly, i don't see it. Ryzen 5000 was really good value, I expect people to skip 7000 considering how it looks like this 5nm architecure / node is not bringing any revolutionary performance increase.... that we know of as of today), maybe price will follow.

~AngusHades~ and tunejunky like this.

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

No, not at all.
    it may be that way when looked at from a partially informed perspective.

the reality the 5000 series was more expensive was because of TSMC.
    AMD had secured exclusivity and primacy for x86/x64 fabrication at node before the construction of the fab(s) and had guaranteed (along with Apple and Qualcomm) production windows for those fab(s) to a literal tune of billions of dollars over time from 1st gen Ryzen.

you will see a similar price hike with Intel with ML and its successors as the bills come due for all of the new fabs built.

6. ~AngusHades~

~AngusHades~ Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    His right about the pricing , if the product was worse then intel it would of been cheaper it’s very simple, if the product is better then the competition it would be priced higher. The information you gave has little to do with the end pricing of a product.

7. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

quite wrong.
    the cost of manufacture has everything to do with retail prices and there are no two ways about it.

i've been in electronics manufacturing for decades. thank you for telling me i don't know how to boil an egg.

8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    AMD were never any better than Intel or Nvidia when it came to their pricing. They were cheaper for years for a reason, they didn't compete.

These prices are a joke.

9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    You seem to forget the days of the K-7 and K-8.
    Lots of competitive CPUs back then. Especially the K-8.

tunejunky, ~AngusHades~ and mohiuddin like this.
  10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This. 100% true, but too many people didn't see through that and simply went all fanboy instead of comparing products beyond their bias.

tunejunky likes this.

11. ~AngusHades~

~AngusHades~ Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    And...So, again it has nothing to do with what kind of industry it is. A company that manufactures a product, whatever it is, will sell the products at a loss even if it costs more to manufacture it / produce it, as it can't compete in the market. The gentleman above that you quoted is right about the pricing. AMD priced Zen3 higher because it was a better product than intel at the time.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Keller days

13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Zen is also Keller.
    And probably, also Alder Lake.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  14. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    so how much of 330 to 450 eur price hike from 3700x to 5800x was manufacturing cost ?

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Theres a pattern forming.

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Could be.
    Another CPU contending for the top spot is Apple's A series. That also started to be competitive with a guy named Keller.

17. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    Keller is probably an alien from outer space, or a time traveler ... in any of these cases, his mission is to advance human technology to the point of being ready for integration in the Galactic Federation.

tunejunky likes this.
  18. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

1) compare the comparable not one model below to one model up

2) the 3800x MSRP was $399

3) no, the answer isn't $50 - the answer is $25, which then gets marked up for profit by another $25

19. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    Im comparing launch prices for 8 cores.amd didnt launch 5700x until very late for a reason and that reason is exactly what im pointing to.

20. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

because it's apples to apples, instead of apples to oranges
    the 7800x will also come out "waaay later"