AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 5750G desktop apu doing rounds

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    An AMD Ryzen 7 5000G APU has surfaced on the web, with CPU-Z screenshots and everything. This ZEN3 desktop APU has eight Zen 3 cores with sixteen threads and an integrated Vega GPU. A product that AMD...

AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 5750G desktop apu doing rounds

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Amd ffs start using the navi based igpus in your apus.

anticupidon and Legacy-ZA like this.
  3. Legacy-ZA

Legacy-ZA Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX580
    Completely agree, I thought this one would have Navi... sigh.

Undying likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Rumor is zen3+ or zen4 will start using it. I also think these should be using it too.

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Where are Navi APUs? Yeah, I know, first world problem, but seriously, where are they?

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Working RDNA2 GPU has higher base cost of transistors than Latest GCN had. I think AMD does not want to make that transistor investment, nor they want to spend engineering time on it.
    Maybe with AM5/Zen4 they'll deliver new I/O die which will enable use of CPU chiplet + GPU chiplet.
    That could make things pretty cheap from manufacturing and tapeout perspectives. One tapeout for CPU chiplet, 2nd for GPU chiplet, and last for I/O die.

But right now, they have no objective reason to do it. If sales were low and they needed newer, more attractive product... But it is good that they sell well.

Undying likes this.
  7. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    I have a recent navi laptop and I was interested to see how these were in desktop form. I didn't realize it isn't in there yet.

We may need them soon since we can't buy a GPU anymore. /-:

8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    The thing is: in normal world (when you can shop CPU, GPU and APU) Would you really need a Navi does cost more for the same perf in an APU?
    Most APU are sold in pro segment and entry level PC... for this purpose AMD already have an Intel 630 IGP destructor.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    They have one reason to do it, competition. If they amd dont start using rdna in their apus intel will beat them in their own game.

Legacy-ZA likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The reason they are still using vega is simple.

they offload compute onto the igp, and rdna isn't as compute capable as the vega igp is.

11. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    I really don't think people buy these with gpu compute in mind. I personally have the 2400g under my TV and I love it but I would really love some more gpu power for gaming. I don't think we will get any major performance increases in APU's till we get ddr5 which should get us to around 5ghz ram speed I can barely get ddr4 to work at 3266/3333mhz

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    It's not actually a first-world problem, AMD is risking their position against Intel without Navi. Navi is more aggressive with memory compression, which should give it a noteworthy edge over Vega. Should AMD pull off an "infinity cache" for their APUs, that could possibly eliminate the need of a low-end dGPU.