AMD Ryzen 7 3700X & Ryzen 9 3900X review with benchmarks leaks out

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 5, 2019.

1. moo100times

moo100times Member Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    All the negativity makes me feel AMD is right on the money with this release. Cannot wait for 3900x, though may have to stretch to get the 3950x...so many cores...!!!

carnivore, Aura89 and Mesab67 like this.
  2. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 + H90

But 3900X Is not even in the X570 Taichi, so I don't think this will be a problem.
    https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Taichi/#CPU

Personally, I've just bought ASRock B450 ITX. I have ITX case and I need TOSLINK. So this is my best option below 140€. (I'll pair it with 3700X though).

Question: If this motherboard arrives with BIOS v3.10 (2019/3/29 - Agesa 0.0.7.2) should I be able to boot 3700X for a BIOS update? Or I should better borrow one old open box ryzen from Amazon Warehouse just for the bios upgrade?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  3. tty8k

tty8k Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Basically this is making my 8mo old 9600k a best buy. Paid 250 for it, runs rock stable at 4.8, wipes the floor with amd new releases (gaming).
    Glad I didn't wait for this.
    It would be different if I had to use it mainly for 3d render or encoding, but I'm not.

4. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lower resolution results are faked if you report them in FPS instead of frame time, you cannot measure the IPC with FPS.
    Having 40 FPS vs 50 FPS is not the same as 120 FPS vs 130 FPS, it's more than 5 times slower (5 ms deviation vs ~0.7 ms deviation, both 10 FPS difference).
    If you really want results in FPS (which is the wrong measurement unit) than use at least a benchmark configuration where a sensible FPS difference really matters.

ComboPI 0.0.7.x should support Ryzen 3000 processors. Most of OEM and MB are moving now to ComboPI 1.0.0.2 and beyond...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    thesebastian likes this.

5. Venix

Venix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    But but but .... I have blue eyes :( am i a clown :'( ?

Aura89 and BReal85 like this.
  6. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G970/3.5G MSI
    I expected better games results, its nice for work.. but its not again gaming CPU.. what was last best AMD gaming cpu - Athlon 64?

7. neikosr0x

neikosr0x Member

GPU:
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
    Testing game at 720p is misleading as fack, I mean as far as we know. We can't say for sure that the CPU pipeline wouldn't just restring it self from pushing max frequency when is not really been pushed that hard on CPU like it is playing at 720p, Yes the borderline would be the CPU instead of the GPU but still i dont think that is an indicator of IPC or that the CPU is utilizing full power for task that doesn't require that. CPUs have algorithms to understand how these task should be handled, that might be one of the reasons way. If you see at the CB benchmark result the 3900x Single Core performance is on pair with the 9900k. Probably the fact that they tested with 3200mhz and who knows what latency were they running at.

8. neikosr0x

neikosr0x Member

GPU:
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
    i suppose you are kidding hahahahaha. Your old 5930 has no chance vs a 3900x sorry. Please don't be a troll. And it is not a secret that AMD was close to Bankruptcy it is not new and nobody cares? who else would care about it if not the CEO and the stock. We are all potential customers not some stock holders.

Aura89 likes this.
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    And most of them work fine with 2 despite 4 at minimum... (but it's not good for industry).

It seem to have pretty descent performance.

10. neikosr0x

neikosr0x Member

GPU:
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
    The problem with Intel 10nm is that their chips tend to have more density. We really don't know by how much because they stopped publishing it. So at lower scale Intel is having problems with heat and high frequencies. That is the reason why, they can do it on Laptops and not on Desktop... But that's just matter of time. AMD HAVE!!! to lead otherwise they can be pretty much thrown to the rubbish in 1 or 2 years.

11. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Seems kinda weird that there is practically no difference between 3900x and 3700x, probably the chosen games just do not use more threads so it doesn't matter. This would also explain the AC:Origins result that probably does utilize more threads and where both Ryzens are on top.

12. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    It was 4 years ago info and it was right at this moment, but no more.

The only major issue with AMD is the distribution of their production.
    The company focus on some countries (Germany, France, Netherland, US, UK and Asia) and it is still really hard to put the hand on their product in some place (and again Amazon and other doesn't deliver everywhere as some believe in).

This is even a bigger issue because their target is "mainstream plus" consumer (if you can have a system with Intel + Nvidia set in a few hour and a Ryzen + Radeon set next week (or month) for the same price. Wich one would you chose?). Also the AMD price is... strange (if you have a single concurrent at least you should take care of their price to get aggressive.)

AMD is lot better but Intel is still far away despite some attack because they were sleeping, it will be hard to get AMD at the point they were in the 90' but i am confident.

(Also i am not blue, green of red fanboy, i take what seem the best at the moment)

Aura89 likes this.
  13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Nice results from AMD. Their performance is growing steadily with each release while Intel´s performance remains stagnant for well know reason... As for gaming, the most important performance factor for many here, me included, it still favors Intel but the margin is very thin, so thin i think it´s better to buy an AMD CPU and then buy a better GPU due to the price difference between Intel and AMD. Can´t wait for Hilbert´s review!

Also why is the forum slowing turning into a giant flame war between fanboys suddenly???...

14. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    It's not "suddenly", it is like that at each CPU release (Blue Vs Red) and at each GPU release (Green Vs Red)...
    it turn like "which is stronger the Elephant or the Hippo?" "The hippo is really really strong" "Yes but the elephant is better, the elephant can grab stuff with nose"... etc etc

Aura89 likes this.
  15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's not dead at all, they still rules in the laptop market.

16. Anonaru

Anonaru New Member

GPU:
    2080GTX
    Everybody talking about benchmark chasing and how tight the race is between a 3900x and a 9800k

I'm over here in 2019 with an 8350 just excited that I'm finally getting an upgrade in a week or so, regardless of who's CPU I get :D

Hey hey, I'm not a fanboy in either regard, but this is a very old article.. AMD's Z-score is above 6 now IIRC

Aura89 and Mesab67 like this.
  17. Mesab67

Mesab67 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Oh dear, utter bulls#@t. The shill collective is growing strong here. The mods are going to be very busy in the next few days.

carnivore and Aura89 like this.
  18. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    this thread post, why many people become fanbois ? lol

u guys know performance war is good for consumer
    either we getting more performance product or if they cant fight in performance, then they will forced to reduce their product pricing which either way is good thing for us, no ?

even intel fanbois should be happy, i mean intel still have tons of cash in them which giving them edge in business, even now AMD winning, intel wont stay silent and let their competitor take the crown for long, wont they ?

but again like stephen king said, "Life is like a wheel. Sooner or later, it always come around to where you started again." ... so yeah no-one stay on top forever

19. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I consider testing at very low resolutions like 720 or less as a valid tool to show raw performance of the CPU , but one must be aware that in real world the 1080 and higher is what matters little bit more . My problem with this type of " leaked test " is the obvious bias picking and showing only the tests where one manufacturer looks better than the other depending which side the particular fanboy supports . I am not coming to conclusions untill I see FULL test from independent tester and then base my decision on the whole picture not just cherry picked bits .
    Not long now .

Aura89 and fOrTy_7 like this.
  20. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 GamingX
    I don't care if its blue or red tbh. All I know my 3-4 year old 6600k is dead for gaming right now and AMD is giving an excellent option tomorrow for around 400€ (mobo+cpu) If I can sell my current CPU/mobo its going to be one of the biggest upgrades I've done in a while for such a low price.

HandR and Aura89 like this.