1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X & Ryzen 9 3900X review with benchmarks leaks out

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This thread is about Zen 2 and benchmarks in games, not 2 year old tech. You just like bringing up whatever you can find to try, unsuccessfully, to make AMD look bad, because you're paid by intel.

HandR and mohiuddin like this.
  2. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm not paid by anyone. I've built AMD and Intel systems for the past 20 years. But keep going on assuming, it just makes you look more absurd.

3. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    hey they sell the most (sport cars), while having the lowest number of issues on the market (56 out 100 cars),
    when the best asian brands have +80.
    they must be doing something right.

on a personal note, i dont know anyone that ever drove a porsche (themselves) and doesnt own/owned one.
    vs other cars its comparing a (surgical) knife, vs an axe..

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Have you looked at your own post history?

You sound like a religious nutjob praising intel your overlord.

Just for clarification, i'm not saying anyone who is religious is a nutjob, i'm religious, but there are definitely religious nutjobs out there, and i'm starting to wonder if there's some backwater intel cult.

carnivore, Solfaur and mohiuddin like this.

5. TurboMan

TurboMan Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Strix OC
    All this hype about the new AMD and it gets smoked... Very underwhelming. At least its cheap and has cores for days for whoever needs them.

ps: Intel is at default and 2666 mhz ram... Imagine when they overclock these two. Intel will be way ahead of it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  6. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Everyone here needs a diaper change. This may be the largest fanboy, take sides, forum I have ever seen. Better than Reddit where they censor though. Carry on...

0blivious, Tarkan2467 and bballfreak6 like this.
  7. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    I don't buy into fanboy's like yourself or AMD marketing. I call them out, always. AMD has a history of spoon feeding hype to people and they always have some cavet that disappoints. I would just appreciate they and their fans simply be honest with what they are. A budget choice in both CPU and GPU market. Just accept who you are, and don't create this false narrative of the evil Intel / nVidia overloads who are the enemy. All these companies want money. Intel is in the great position that they are because AMD for the longest while before Ryzen was doing terrible. Just face facts. It wasn't evil Intel. Just look at how AMD had to drop the price of NAVI before release, because guess what they were charging more than what made sense for what their product is now that nVidia responded so quick. AMD fans cannot even accept that, instead now the story is oh well AMD was never going to price them that way to begin with, they were just pretending. This is utter bullshit.

I have no allegiance to any brand. AMD is doing better than they were. And I'll switch to whoever at the time has the best single AND multi threaded performance in real world results. Not Geekbench or Cinebench.

8. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070Ti Titanium
    I have to say though, all the years I've been on this forum this is probably the worst I've ever seen. Especially with all the new accounts popping up out of nowhere straight into trolling AMD it actually is making me think that maybe they really are Intel paid shills.

carnivore, 0blivious and Tarkan2467 like this.
  9. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    I have been saying that all along, bballfreak6.

bballfreak6 likes this.
  10. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    So it's ok for me to compare a 4790k against a 3600X then ?
    How do you explain the Assains Creed Origins result ?
    Synthetic benchmarks ? Did you completely miss E3 ?
    AMD did well to show wins and losses in games at 1080p at E3 running on
    un-patched windows 10 systems as to not hamper Intel CPU's
    (since they know some reviewers will run un-patched to make Intel look better)
    It baffles me how you conclude anything based on 4 games running at 720p,
    when you know there are other games out there which will show different results.
    But as I said earlier, I can't wait until Sunday to get some 1080p, 1440p and 4K gaming results.
    When I upgrade my 2700X it will be a noticeable upgrade in performance on all fronts.

HandR likes this.

11. TurboMan

TurboMan Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Strix OC
    I just find it funny all the owners of the AMD 2700X, and their logic for upgrading to a AMD 3000... You guys were saying these 2700X were plenty for gaming when it was compared to 9900K back then and nobody needs more powerful processor... Now AMD releases a marginally better CPU and all of a sudden "i can't wait to upgrade my 2700X" and:

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm sorry are you talking to or about...no one?

People who say an RX 580 is good enough for 1080p gaming are still interested in an RX 5700/XT, should they also be told that they were effectively lying as you are trying to imply?

People like to upgrade, it's simple as that. If you have a 9900k, and you say that's good enough for you, should we scrutinize you for wanting to upgrade to whatever intel has next?

When did people stop caring about advancements in technology simply because they made decisions based off cost and performance? I'm sorry, where's your logic?

mohiuddin and 0blivious like this.
  13. TurboMan

TurboMan Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Strix OC
    Lying ? No, just funny. When its convenient its not OK to have a 9900K cuz "you don't need it, 2700x is plenty for gaming at higher resolutions " but when their company releases a new marginally better CPU its ok to upgrade to it for whatever higher cost - for gaming.

14. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    This thread turned into those cancerous Wccftech comment sections. Ridiculous fanboyism!

carnivore, airbud7, barbacot and 2 others like this.
  15. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    What are you even going on about there, TurboMan ? Do you think in a logical manner ? Of course people who own a previous gen Ryzen CPU are interested in seeing the results, and perhaps upgrading to a new 3000 series CPU. We are on the AM4 platform. This is the next upgrade for CPUs. People enjoy upgrading their hardware. If a new CPU comes out that offers more performance, sure, some AM4 socket owners are going to be interested in upgrading their CPU. This would be the same for Intel owners as well. If Intel announced a new line of CPUs tomorrow that were compatible with the current Z390 boards, you would see several owners of that platform taking interest. I bet you would not be diving into those threads though with the sole purpose of trolling them.

0blivious likes this.

16. TurboMan

TurboMan Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Strix OC
    All i'm saying is it all seems like double standards when it comes to people's favorite company...

ps: And trust me, if Intel releases a new marginally faster CPU and its slower in gaming compared to AMD - I am moving to AMD ! But that's just me, it doesn't mean anything.

17. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Like I said, it's useful for synthetic purposes - much like Cinebench or CPU-Z. Take from that what you will.

At any rate, considering that Ryzen won the majority of the game tests on minimums, I'm cool with including 720p results (not that many reviewers would do it). No need to fret about those games that heavily favor Intel anyways. ;)

mohiuddin and Aura89 like this.
  18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Alright i'll come at this a different way, mmkay?

I'll talk to you like an adult, i'll ask you some very simply questions on your purpose here. I don't expect you to read all this or answer due to the fact your post history and mentality doesn't give me high hopes.

So, why are you here? What is your purpose? What's the point of your posts? I'm not a sports person, but i think anyone can answer this question even if they aren't a sports person: Would you go into a verified Seahawks bar, as a patriots fan, or simply anyone, doesn't even have to be a fan, just someone, and go "Seahawks sucks! Patriots is where it's at!"? If you don't understand why seahawks or patriots, replace them with sports teams you do, or just figure any sports teams.

Here i'll give you some examples of your posts:

Here's a post, literally posted for no reason. So why? What examples does it give that is a "good" example of ryzen vs intel? "Good" is objective, and there's nothing good there, it's an outlier that isn't AMDs fault but the developers. So why? What was the purpose of this? How does it improve upon the thread? It doesn't even relate with the post your replied to other then someone else trying to, for also no reason, harp on AMD. It talks about a first gen ryzen, and that somehow has to do with zen 2? There's no logic here, so why?

Purpose here? Point? You're taking things out of context in the same way these 720p does, as both results are unrealistic. What prompted this comment? There's factual information about intels securities, yet you make fun of them? Do you not like facts? Not a single place has stated you can't stream without intel, so again, where does this come from? What is the purpose? What is the point?

You were in an intel forum for this one, yet you again bring up...stuff? This quote by schmidtbag i think sums this one up pretty well in direct reply to you

"I don't see anyone here being mad at Intel for lowering their prices.
    Y'know a real sign of hardcore fanboyism? Completely making stuff up that never happened."

But, same question, why? What was the purpose? Where did your "information" come from, since no one else can find it but you? Did it have to do with that thread at all considering the fact that no one else can find the information? What is the point of this post?

The most logical of people can see that unreleased pricing across however many X570 boards can't be commented on, but you did, didn't you? Made some assumption based off of leaked info about one, yes, i said one, manufacturer, and was stated before the updated info about pricing, which according to the leak puts the cheapest one at $225, which really isn't bad at all. It's not cheap cheap, but, it's not low-end chipset either. But again even the most logical of people can see what there are multiple motherboards to choose from, not just x570. So what's the purpose? What's the point? Where's the facts?

So people worried about the intel vulnerabilities as well as worried about the inevitably high price are automatically labeled as AMD fanboys, and accused of attacking? People wanting new, with hardware mitigated security fixes, intel CPUs.....are AMD fanboys? And then you attack a limited edition CPU not trying to be anything but that includes additional, limited edition products and features, that's the exact same price as it's non-limited edition? Really what there is there to even attack? Are you jealous that Intel doesn't create limited editions of their CPUs with extra products for the same price as well? I honestly don't understand

Honestly, Fox2232's comment is pretty well suited for this one:

"1st, AMD released 50th anniversary edition, nothing special about it. (It is celebration edition which includes IHS with Lisa's signature, T-Shirt, 2 special edition games and some other nice things. But CPU is same.)
    2nd, i9-9900K costs double of regular 2700X and almost double of 2700X 50th anniversary.
    3rd, i9-9900KS is unlikely to improve this price difference.
    4th, at price of i9-9900KS, people will consider getting even Ryzen 9 3950XZ"

So what was the purpose of intentionally trying to attack "AMD fanboys" from a situation of peoples valid concerns? As well as bring up the same-priced limited edition CPU as though it was even remotely the same as a binned CPU that cost more out of box? Where's the logic? What's the purpose?

Now, i could go on and on and on, include more and more posts that you wrote, that you did. But that would go on forever. I feel the point has been made as to what is being asked of you.

A fanboy of sports team, they go around telling everyone who is not a fan of their sports team how amazing their sports team is. They go into forums of opposing teams, they interrupt conversations about opposing teams, heck some of them are stupid enough to go to a bar of opposing teams, and just needlessly destroy the whole conversation and topics that were going on to make everyone look at them and whatever nonsense they are talking about in regards to how much better their team is.

A religios fanatic nubjob, they go around telling others how stupid they are for not following their idols, they insult people, and any time anything is brought up about a religion they aren't following that is good, they steer the conversation away, remind them of something their religion was not good with, or tell them how their religion they are trying to promote is better. They attack, berate, and try and show superiority due to the fact they are following the correct religion.

An employee, when allowed, sometimes even when not allowed, goes around trying to remind people of what their competitors do not do well at, and what their product excels at. Many times they they stretch the truth, if not all-out lie. They create propaganda, or make it seem like one-offs are the thing to worry about. They downplay any issues with their products, while blowing up the smallest, tiniest issues in their competitors products.

A paid shill, does everything the employee does, but generally worse. They don't "work" for the company so if they get found out who they are, there's generally nothing "tying" them to it.

So, you claim that you do not work for Intel, you claim you are not paid by Intel, you claim to not be a fanboy of intel and you claim you are not part of some Intel cult. Yet, you have the characteristics of all of them.

Hence the questions: Why are you here, what is your purpose for going into threads and posting irrelevant information or flame-baiting? What is the point of you constantly coming into threads just to bring up this irrelevant information? What is your purpose?

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I have not seen people wanting to upgrade a 2700x to a 3000 series for gaming. I have seen people wanting to upgrade, sure, but not for gaming, specifically at high resolution. But your comments leave out the cost factor. Many people who say the 2700x is good enough gaming for high resolution, are saying that in regards to cost, as they do not see the additional cost with the limited FPS bonus worth it. If someone doesn't agree, that's fine, but that's their opinion from a cost perspective. Now ryzen 3000 series is coming out, and people want to upgrade for additional, non-gaming performance, where they can sell their previous CPU, recoup the cost, and have a better overall system performance. That doesn't mean these same people are not going to be interested to see how far AMD has come in lower-resolution performances, or even higher ones they use, it's still information to be had.

To me it just seems like you are wanting to fault people for wanting to upgrade. If someone had an 8600k, or 7500k, and felt those were good buys at the same compared to higher-end CPUs within intel, justified it with those very reasonings, even though they could have went higher end with higher FPS in games, and spent more, should they be judged because now they are looking at a 9900k, an expensive, but quite a bit better of a CPU then they currently have, all because previously they chose to not get the highest end of their generation?

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. No matter who you are, your decisions come down to costs to performance, and upgrades are always going to be a thing. What someones decision makes one time does not mean that'll be their next decision and does not mean they are not allowed to upgrade in fear of someone saying "Well your previous decision seems invalid then"

20. TurboMan

TurboMan Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Strix OC
    What am i suppose to answer to that ? Do you want me to try and convince you, really ??? I'm sorry but you sir WIN, and i lose. :D