1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X & Ryzen 9 3900X review with benchmarks leaks out

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    There's a pretty big difference from being biased benches to favor AMD, and realistic benches people actually use.

For instance i would agree that someone who says you should only do Ryzen 1000 series gaming tests at 4K, is baised towards benches that favor AMD (or more realistically biased to make it look like there is no difference)

But to state you want realistic benchmarks rather then going to the lowest resolution you can, on a resolution 99.999999999% or even 100% (not talking about 720p, just talking in general) people don't use, should be a reasonable request.

As to it "always" being the AMD guys, not really. Just look at the ryzen 3000 announcement and the streaming

[​IMG]

How many people have gone and questioned, tested, and etc. everything about this test and come to the conclusion that, while AMD is technically not wrong, it's completely unrealistic, as it's using unrealistic, and potentially no benefits in quality settings, just to "show the difference".

So AMD does a test that "shows the difference" = People have an issue with it because it's unrealistic

People review AMD processors against Intel in a way that "shows the difference" = People have an issue with it because it's unrealistic.

So really i don't think it should be unreasonable to request realistic benchmarks, all around. Not saying other benchmarks can't be done, the AMD streaming one for instance, it's an interesting benchmark, it shows a factor to Ryzen 3000 that otherwise may not be noticed. Maybe there should just be an "unrealistic testing" page for reviews :)

Fox2232 likes this.
  2. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Let’s just test all games at 480p to show Intel’s lead.

It’s all now within margin of error.

AM4 is a better socket. It’s future proof. Unlike Intel where you need a new socket for every generation now it seems. It just shows that they have no 5 year plan let alone a 10 year plan. They’ll likely bounce back but it’ll take 3 or 4 years until they have a solid product. Whatever they release from now to 2021 is going to be what was planned for...oh wait, their 10nm plans didn’t work out.

3. kaz050

kaz050 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW RGB
    @Kool64 they where ran at stock clocks on all cpus, @Witcher29 i understand that your a big intel fan but when you look at where amd was and now they come along way,but you must be stuck on 2012 bulldozer days and gpus of today where nvidia will sell you the golden chip just to pop out a newer better one and make you spend more,sure amds gpus are not all that it takes time.

4. Borys

Borys Active Member

GPU:
    Intel X3100 256MB
    We are very close to the end of this bullshit story of Intel is better in games then AMD... this benchmark in games is patetic... 720p man?!? Come on...
    But, the singlecore performance of 3700X is virtually equal to 9900K (3%)?!?! To me this is the start of the Intel´s Collapse.... very hard times to the blue side. At 1080p and above the 3XXX series will destroy the Intel sales. And to finish this long talk about best CPU, lets us talking about multicore performance? Man, AMD HUMILIATED Intel.
    Come on guys... lets us togheter next week shake hands to the NEW KING CPU!

angelgraves13 and fry178 like this.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB ❤ 144hz
    I'd suggest you wait for the reviews and don't look blindly on fps or you'll be ducked like me with my i5 since there's more to a PC than just gaming and more cores becomes more relevant.

jura11 and Aura89 like this.
  6. wotan91

wotan91 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti
    Meh... New AMD disappoints. Hype train is going to derail soon. I bet in Arma 3/GTAV/CS:GO my antient 4790k@4.8Ghz will outperfom any of new Ryzens... That just sad :(

Witcher29 likes this.
  7. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    You really have no idea what you are talking about do you ?
    The streaming example was to point out he difference between 8 and 12 core CPU's.

8. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    One could also argue that 720p was chosen to make sure it fits in the 9900k cache.
    Ryzen 3xxx does have a much larger L3 cache, but it won't help in 720p.
    Do you really think this leak is accidental ? Just look at the timing of it.
    I'm really looking forward to Sunday and higher resolution gaming results.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  9. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
    In CS:GO the new Ryzen 3xxx does really well @ 1080p (better than 9900k) due to the L3 cache.
    I'm sorry but you need to look again.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  10. Zippozippo

Zippozippo New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Used to be Intel fanboy,until they gave me 4 core for like... forever...
    Even stupid people mustve realized after being duped for so long.
    Thank AMD, IF not for Ryzen, 8700K and 9900K wouldve still be 4 cores,probably 10900K and 11900K as well. XD

11. oldtek_mqs

oldtek_mqs New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I guess AMD will still suck in gaming with even Zen 2. I guess their IPC has increased but games are still need to be optimized for their CPU. Also latency wise intel is still better than AMD imho which makes intel still the gaming king. I can confirm that since I moved from 8700k to 2600X few months ago for price to performance reason and I was gaming at 1440p with a 1080ti which I thought will not be an issue with either amd or intel. But I have to admit, games ran much fluid in the Intel system, much less dip in FPS and fluid experience with intel than AMD. I am not sure if I did not optimize my amd system (was running 4.1 GhZ overclock all cores in amd, 3200 Mhz, CL16 ram timing), but will wait for official zen 2 review to change my mind I guess.

Witcher29 likes this.
  12. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-heavy-rain-pc-tech-analysis

This is a good example, on Ryzen vs Intel, there is a 30-45fps decrease on Ryzen. Watch the video starting at 6minutes in.

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    So you're linking to a game with an issue and you're blaming that on AMD?

So, when a game has a problem with an Intel processor i should blame it on intel? Not the game developer?

Good......job?

Nice first troll post. Are you a 2nd account for jwb1? It's nice that you ended it with "will wait for official zen 2 review", that's a nice touch. But literally, your first post here comes out with "I guess AMD will still suck in gaming with even Zen 2." on a leaked benchmark of 720p while you claim to be on 1440p.....

As well as make statements such as "But I have to admit, games ran much fluid in the Intel system, much less dip in FPS and fluid experience with intel than AMD. " as most reviewers have stated otherwise, i say most, because not all of them talk about the dips and fluidness....But hey! good first post!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    carnivore likes this.
  14. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm pointing out the fact Ryzen more so than Intel has issues with games. You can point the blame game all you want, but the fact is, Intel plays better with the majority of games.

15. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    Is funny, we keep seeing more and more new forum members pop up in the Ryzen 3000 threads, and their first post is always to troll and shill for Intel. They don't even try and hide it anymore. At least get your post count up to 50 before you turn into Shillary Clinton. It would make your agenda less obvious. :p

carnivore, Octopuss and airbud7 like this.

16. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Figures a Trump supporter would bring up politics here. Go away.

17. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
  18. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    I am not a supporter of anyone in politics. Just ask Aura89 what I think about that.

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Intel has had the same architecture for many, many years. Yes, this makes them easy, when intel releases a brand new architecture that is majorly different then their current one, they will have similar issues, as it always has been.

And again, this is on the developers, especially now, especially with heavy rain. Don't just let the developers off easy simply because YOU want to make AMD look bad. When it starts happening to intel, will you be so "well, it's intels problem"?

20. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    A big part of this thread/discussion is the benchmarks in games, my friend. And how it continues to show despite AMDs best efforts, Intel continues after many years and generations to dominate. Yet, isn't it funny how the only leaks, most likely from AMD were simply showing syntehic benchmarks and heavily threaded applications. When it comes to real world, as much as I welcome competition, Intel has more performance still. And more people buy these mainstream CPUs for gaming, not Cinebench. Fact.

Witcher29 likes this.