Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 5, 2019.
What time are the reviews allowed to be posted ?
I think 4 pm.
Ah crap, and here I was locked and loaded with gifs and memes.
OK I am off to bed, 10.30pm where I live
Not sure if that was linked already or not.
Very likely fake click bait.
We will know after 4 pm. Lot of ppl said how important is the latest BIOS for ryzen. Most of the leaked bench made without it and low ram speed(due to early BIOS).
Intel fan boy spotted
are you butthurt coz intel ripped you with their overpriced CPU,
seeing AMD price/performance beat intel ass
They fixed the frequency at boost for the ryzen, at 5GHz for the intel (the boost should be at 4.6 instead..)... not sure is fake or not (how do pre-ComboPI 184.108.40.206AB handle overclock with zen2?) but the work is really controversial...
At least here we have more accurate information..
Video has multiple premises:
- 2060 Super that's weaker than 2070
- 1080p / 1440p resolution
This video consists of background distraction and some numbers in front.
Important part is that those 1440p "results" show higher percentage difference than 720p results done on much stronger GPU.
Then you have Witcher 3 there, that game almost does not give a damn about CPU. Hell, in time I had i5-2500K, I made point by down-clocking it from 4.5GHz down to 1.6GHz to finally find out where fps starts to be affected in that game.
How many hours to go before nda lifted? cheers!
two more hours, bro
Damn!....more popcorn needed.
Imagine if HH got the bios update early this morning
I imagine HH&team having a very stressful weekend.
HH, no need to hurry, we all know that you'll deliver the best review.
I am sure that we can do with one at the time.
3pm CEST or what time is it? Looking forward to Hilbert's reviews and a ton of videos by Tom Logan!
low resolutions may have different driver and rendering path optimisations. 1080p is the most common resolution today so it is a perfectly reasonable choice.
You gave me only bla, bla argument. Why i should replace my 9900k for something from AMD? Can i get better money for performance from AMD yeah? Can i get something better for gaming from AMD, so far i see no.. Is Intel bad company, of course, are AMD products better in every way, no!
And there are some AMD specific problems (i dont care too much about that, there are probably more of them, if you will dig you will find more):
- i dont thing that AMD boards have same maturity levels as intel chipset
- AMD hyperthreading equivalent is now fixed? So far i see results with old gen, it sucks.. for some apps it was slower than without it, with Intel it justs works and give me 10-20% of performance
- would be IOMM groups now fixed to proper KVM support? Vendel has some video about it, i want to use Unraid without issues..
- what about Dosbox performance its still much slower than on Intel, because nobody will optimalize it for Ryzen?
- RPC3 and other emulators are still much slower and problematic with AMD cpus..
- with Z370 /Z390.. i can still run XP and Win7 fine, for some retro stuff, AMD is supporting only Win 10, yes i know virtualization - but there not good 3D XP virtualization drivers for Win XP, it suck with Vmware, Virtualbox and QEMU, For AMD APus there is only Win10 videocard driver, Win7 are still fine for office, so i had to upgrade it, only because AMD.
- they are promising better RAM speed compatibility, but who know..
- i bough Ryzen G2200 for my mother office machine / nephews visit gaming rig.. WIn10 are fine, but Linux experience still sucks, videocard its still not properly supported by vanilla Linux Mint, i took a half a year to fix G2400 and there is not much care about G2200..
- real power consumation is bigger than with Intel TDP equivalent, so more noise
720p comparison with much stronger GPU from reputable site shows smaller difference than this YT video does on 1080p / 1440p.
So you expect that nVidia did some special driver "optimization" for 720p just to make AMD's CPUs look better than they actually are on resolutions that people use?
I think you are mistaken.