1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU Benchmarks Surfaces

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 21, 2019.

1. ahossein

ahossein Member

GPU:
    1080 G1
    The single core's result is about the same as my 6800K at 4GHz and the multi cores' result is slightly less than my 6800K at 4.3GHz

2. SniperX

SniperX Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Duke OC
    Those are very good scores considering. I'm excited for AMD's part in what they are delivering in the Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.
    For reference, here are my scores, taken today, latest OS patches and micro-code (stock 9900K)

CPU-Z
    Single : 560
    Multi : 5369

CB15 : 2031
    CB20 : 4901

Can't help but wonder what the 3800X will do, although I'm not gonna be stressed to upgrade for a couple of years ;)

Ricardo likes this.
  3. Fergutor

Fergutor Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 Strix
    Wow, for all the expectation and propaganda, that's impressively meh.
    As meh as it can be.
    But I will be very happy to have one if I can buy it as cheap as my even more meh R5 1600 (equiv to 90 us$).

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Haven't tried CPU-Z benchmark in a while. This entry budget 6cores AMD CPU sound really promising to generalize 6cores+ among users.
    6+cores are still below 20% of user base last time i checked?

Here's my good old 6 cores 5820K , still kicking since 2015:

Single thread: 488
    Multi thread: 3709

https://valid.x86.fr/87veru

Might be able to overclock a tiny bit more, but this baby is generating enough heat as it is, H100i is giving everything to keep it in check.

Edit: Oh damn, my results seems on par with retail i7-7820X . really got my money worth putting some extra dollars on CPU back then. *pet PC Case*

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Embra likes this.

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB 144hz
    I've been looking at the 3600X for quite some time, but this looks promising. Looking forward to your full review.

XenthorX likes this.
  6. patteSatan

patteSatan Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390
    This is what I am going to buy, or the 3600x, I can feel that the photos are photoshopped, but I actually think it's around those numbers when released, and it will be a good upgrade from my 1600x.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
  8. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1 Gaming
    This is the none X model the 3600X will be better still because it'll have slightly better clocks.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    *cough*bullcrap*cough*

10. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    DECIDING
    I have got the Ryzen 5 2600 and at the same same VT I run at 4.0Ghz. So I see a gain of 200Mhz here.

Do you see any point in anyone upgrading from the 2 to the 3 version?

11. jose2016

jose2016 Member

GPU:
    APU R3
    Have you tried the 1903 version of Windows 10?

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    Depends on use. Gaming probably not. Anything else and one would go for more worthwhile upgrade in 3700X.

ladcrooks likes this.
  13. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Doesn't make too much of a difference however for some reason CPU-Z is not linking to my account.
    https://valid.x86.fr/1ih7g4

14. illrigger

illrigger Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That's actually what AMD is recommending for just about everyone. Unless you know you need PCIe 4 (hint: you don't yet, and PCIe 5 and 6 are already on their way, so it's not like you are future-proofing yourself), there's no reason to get an X570 board - they openly admit there will be no performance difference vs the X470/B450/X370/B350 and the X570 from the CPU side of things.

The only reason you might want X570 is because mobo makers are finally making premium-tier boards for AMD using it, vs mid-tier on all older boards. You can get some crazy over-the-top VRM configs on the new boards, but a decent X470 likely has good enough power delivery to get the most out of these chips so it's probably overkill.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is there reason why people are comparing a 65w amd cpu to intel offering that are 90w + some which are more then double the wattage? and some that are OCed at that?

wattage to wattage I think this is most impressive offering from amd. and I been on intel bandwagon for as long as i can remember. my next pc is ryzen build. STP is irrelevant at this point to me amd STP. and going foward is gonna become even less irrelevant.

AMD has the equivalently or better in some cases MTP for lot less then intel at this point

16. Fergutor

Fergutor Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 970 Strix

Of course there is, the subtle thing we are all here for: performance.
    But of course in this context: new processor vs old processor. We expect the new processor, and newer by far in terms of arquitecture (4 years now?), with the smaller process (by far too) will finally perform better than the older one...but no, it barely performs equal.
    About consumption, that's secondary to everyone here at least while it stays in some range, and it is in the range...but it can't go over the range because of the limited ZEN frequencies capabilities (while Intel's Sky Lake and derivates can), AMD said they go up to 4.6ghz (which is why we have those processors with that TDP/freq and not 140Watts ones, to put a number, CPUs at 5.5Ghz to actually have the performance crown).
    So we are seeing a CPU 4 years newer than the competition, with no improvement in performance nor TDP (8700, 9700 and 9900 non K, are 65w too and with higher frequencies) and to make things worse, can't increase frequencies like those "old" CPUs from the competition...
    So yes, it is dissapointing.
    It's not terrible, because of price, and TDP is fine, which is why we like them anyway, but still dissapointing considering the previously mentioned, at least we expected very high IPC...and no...

I had planned to buy an used 4th gen i5, but I couldn't get one, and instead had the opportunity to buy an used R5 1600 for 25% more than what I was expecting to pay the i5. I know that this Ryzen is slower in most games that use not many threads and like frecuency and good IPC, and faster or smoother (which is very important) in the multithreaded ones, but I don't play those for now. So while I know I don't have the correct processor in gaming now, but for everything else, I'm super happy with this CPU (including it has lower TDP than a 4th gen CPU).
    So, if AMD is not lying to us about the gaming performance in their slides at E3 2019, or anythiung else, then, judging my experience so far with the 1600, the trend in games, etc, and judging price-threads-IPC-TDP ratio, Intel vulnerabilities plus all the time until their new gen, I still want one 3600.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    For some reason your post looks terrible on the dark theme, and replying to you is worse

[​IMG]

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    It's because they set their text to black......for some...reason........

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    Oh, so when was it last time you expected intel's 65W of new generation to crush their last gen 95W chip? Can you show some?
    95W i5-9600K is weaker than 65W Ryzen 5 1600. Guess how many years are in between and what's price difference. You should know yourself.

20. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    This benchmark do not mean crap, my old 2500K @4.5 does 454 point in single thread. Granted the TDP is most likely 130W but keep in mind this processor is 8 years old!!!

Still thinking about getting the 3600...