AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Vs Core i5-8400 Gaming Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 25, 2018.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Those gaming benchmarks are sure Impressive, so someone can get one of these chips and not need a video card at all! I do wonder what kind of settings they used?

2. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    I had my a10 5800k paired with a he 6670 ddr5 model and micro stutter was so bad that I set it to just run on the igpu as it was much smoother even if the frames where lower maybe they could do it better but I wouldn't expect it to be great

3. gianluca

gianluca Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 OC
    But AMD has freesync too nowadays, maybe with the right monitor could be a way better experience. Also, with the old APUs were supported only consumer gpus, but this time there is Vega already in the cpu and maybe a modern dual graphics support could allow more powerful cards to be use for that.
    Just saying, as I've said I'm curious, also because I'm thinking to buy one. We'll see in the next weeks. :)

4. msroadkill612

msroadkill612 Active Member

GPU:
    igp
    Its a new era for roadwarriors with the new apu & SSDs.

5. msroadkill612

msroadkill612 Active Member

GPU:
    igp
    I agree there is a can of worms of potential in the new apuS.

For starters, the processors are linked by Fabric, and vega MAY have hbcc.

RR may well have 24 lanes free after the included IGP. That leaves plenty of lanes for raid nvme.

the 400 series mobos may allow nvme drives on the chipset.

Judging RR from past apuS is not appropriate.

amd have two products. Their crown jewels - zen and vega. In the new APU, we see the ultimate synthesis of their processors, architecture and philosophy - where it all finally comes together on a single die.

Its not a better apu. its an apu come of age.

6. SkOrPn

SkOrPn New Member

GPU:
    I wish someone would post real specs, from something like CPU-Z. Some reports are saying that these are still only 14nm, and other's claim they are the new 12nm parts, but even AMD's own website isn't showing but the most basic of specs, and without them advertising specifically that these are indeed 12nm, it seems like the 14nm reports might be true. Lots of videos of these 2200G and 2400G laptops doing benchmarks and game runs, but nothing at all in the way of what architecture node it is based on.

If the Vega 11 is a separate die then it may still be 14nm, but if it is included WITHIN the same exact die, then this Vega gpu is probably also 12nm, and that may have improved its performance a bit.