AMD Ryzen 5 1400 gaming performance leaks - analysed on YT

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Aritra Das, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Exactly.
    Tractor driver representing CPU, and tractor being GPU :D

There seems to be some kind of an issue with R7+NV+DX12. But hell if I know whose to blame, if anyone, and why should we be passing blame.
    But with AMD community, the blaming season lasts entire year. Freaking drama which never ends.
    BTW where are 25x16 and 4k benchmarks now? Oh but now 720p is suddenly perfectly fine, and yet yesterday 1080p had been too low... Jesus...

Haha!
    What I don't understand is that a lot of people seem to be making a lot of effort to try and paint the picture that any reason AMD performs worse is because of another company's doing.
    Why does this matter?
    At the end of the day it's the performance the end user is getting if they buy that product, if you arent happy with the performance I don't see how it is of any comfort that its not the manufacturers fault!
    But then that's what makes a fanboy a fanboy I guess!

TS

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Try to use "j/k" when you are making jokes as I am really not sure if you are trolling or not.
    We both know that CPU does not know anything at all. It just executes code.

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    These are prominent DX12 titles with mature engines that were discussed exactly because there were differences. Rise of the Tomb Raider is brought up constantly to prove there's something wrong with Ryzen, so it couldn't have been missing. Especially not when the AMD driver is up to 30% faster with Ryzen in it.

So, Adored was right? :nerd:

Hopefully someone will lift the curse from Volta and the AMD memory subsystem and we'll have proper competition once again.

See the actual numbers there. The AMD GPU driver is much better at utilizing Ryzen. In some games Ryzen does have a better stutter performance by itself, but now we're investigating the performance difference between GPU drivers when a Ryzen or a Kaby is used.

Well. If everything else remains the same, and one thing f*cks up, we pass the blame good sir :D

I never said that 720p wasn't useful in checking theoretical CPU performance. I just believe that as Intel people overestimate how much someone might care when they go from 160 to 140fps in 1080p in a completely unoptimized game for a new platform, while using their brand new $350 CPU, same is for AMD people who suddenly believe that everyone runs games at 16k. Both stupid overreactions.

Because if I have a GTX 1080 with my 2600k, and I can't upgrade to an octocore because NVIDIA won't optimize a driver that should have been CPU-agnostic, then I should care.