AMD Ryzen 2 2800X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by -Tj-, Dec 11, 2017.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    jebaited :D

3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    If I could have pure 4.4-4.5ghz clock speed at 20 threads or even more, I would buy Ryzen refresh since day 1. I just don't love or like anything under 4.3-4.4ghz is slow. Not suitable for my taste.

4. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Have you tried overclocking Pentium4 to 6GHz? :)

Such hertz, such speed :D

5. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Lol! I wish those specs and prices were real! haha

What's even better are these slides...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Good thing it's fake - I'd be upset if the 2700 was 12 cores. I paid a lot of money for my Ryzen 7 and Ryzen Threadripper systems, and would like them to remain relevant for at least a year or two.

7. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    There is some truth to that slide. There will be a Ryzen refresh that will have better performance. When and at what price is anyone's guess. The rest of the slide is for good entertainment...12 cores @ 5.1GHz - is a good dream (50% more cores at the same price points of the initial Ryzen launch).

Assuming this is about Ryzen+, does this mean that by the time Ryzen 2 is released it will have 16 or 24 cores at the same price points of the initial Ryzen launch too? Did not think economies of scale worked that fast.

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'll be honest, i don't understand this comment. I mean, it was fairly obvious these were fake, but what is the problem if they weren't exactly? I'm not sure i understand the mentality behind "I want technology to not advance or become cheaper too fast, because that somehow negatively affects me because of my current hardware"

9. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Most people who buy a CPU want it to last for a long time. If I thought AMD would release a 12-core Ryzen 7 in less than a year then I would have never bought my current CPU.

Mike Z likes this.
  10. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    Yeah , i don't think it is going to realize , that is mucho overboard what everybody was expecting from zen+ , don't get me wrong it would be great if that info was valid , but i think it is way over-hyped , jesus just look at that slide 12c/24t over 5GHz ,you know how they say : if it is too good to be truth then most definitely it is too good to be truth.
    Can current motherboard's even support that kind a beast, i mean electrical, can power deliver system and VRM's sustain that jump in performance and core count?

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    But it will last a long time....better stuff coming out does not somehow make your hardware perform any less then what you bought it for.

12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Frankly, I think a 12-core Ryzen 7 would be a slap in the face to those who shelled out for a 1920X. Besides, a consumer CPU with 12 cores would be a massive waste - you don't need that many cores for browsing, watching movies or gaming. Even 8 cores is a bit too much for the average person - the main reason I went with Ryzen was for my computing app, which is the only app which can take advantage of those cores (if not for this, I'd be perfectly fine with a quad core).

13. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    Yeah , that's why i think that "leak" is full of s**t, truth is AMD has more then enough cores with current lineup ,just needs little more MHz and that is it. Probably somebody is heavily trolling internet with these "leak".