AMD responds to FX line negativity!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by maleficarus™, Oct 14, 2011.

1. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    4.5GHz is easily attainable with 30$ HSF. And yes, compared to BD your chip is pretty good and will serve you well.

2. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    When Intel moves Ivybridge to 22nm they should make one as a hexacore. Well and truely obliterate this.

3. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    thats £191 worse off a year for me, no thanks!

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

4.5-4.8 aircooled on average, the 4.5-4.8 depends on how much voltage the individual chip requires.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

455W doesn't sound right to me. Not just because its so high, but because its hard to believe the socket could actually support such a high current...

455W at say, 1.4V = 325 Amps

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
  6. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Maybe you could boil some eggs with that liquid cooling solution ...

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    and so it should be, as they are the same cards aren't they.

8. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    Its around 450w for the whole sistem, god damn... its imposible for a CPU to use so much power, Think about it for a second, Its around 230W for CPU alone, not more

9. S_IV

S_IV Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    I still remember the video made by AMD to make fun of fermi's power usage and heat problems. Just write "amd fermi video" on youtube. And now Bulldozer... how strange, isn't it..

10. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    More or less yup...

11. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    AMD has the right marketing team now... they are using all the right marketing tools to market Bulldozer.

It's just that Bulldozer sucks.

12. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Something like this?
    [​IMG]

At least power usage is slightly over 700W for each system. So that's a ... draw...

13. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    Can't help myself. After Bull***t the next AMD will be not Piledriver but Pileof***t. Nicely named by AMD themselvs so we can play a little around...

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Normally I don't care about power consumption but BD's is absolutely preposterous especially considering the pathetic performance it delivers for that much power draw.

15. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Oh get a hold of yourself! You guys make it sound like it draws 1000watts:

"So once more, to get you a little clarity -- the top of the range part, FX-8150, is clocked at 3.6 GHz, with a TDP of 125W. Next in line is the FX-8120, clocked at 3.1 GHz. There are two versions - 125W and 95W. This suggests that the FX-8120 was initially targeted for 95W but may ship with a 125W TDP to begin with. The final 8-core CPU is the FX-8100, clocked at 2.8 GHz."

125W. Big deal. Make actual use of that 900W PSU then!!

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Is that for real? At those settings? 1080p maxed with 8xAA and it's way behind!! that's actually BAD!!!

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm talking about overclocked power usage, the only way BD can be used at all is to OC the crap out of it. It would use a minimum of 400W and still get thoroughly beaten by a stock i7. Hell, my CPU uses 170W at most at 4GHz (calculated with the maximum voltage it could ever use for that much) and that would stomp anything BD can achieve. It would take at most 217W at the max OC I use of 198x22 (4356).

Also, the stock BD in those charts is using 3.9GHz isn't it, turbo is enabled. For single and dual threaded tests it would go to 4.2GHz. So yeah... BD has that poor performance at 3.9.

Another side note, the more a PSU is pushed the less efficient it is.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Why do you have to be all dramatic about wattage? Are you that cheap that when your hydro bill comes in you micro analize how much every watt cost? I mean seriously here...

If you were so concerned with wasting money, you never should have blown extra on 12GB of system memory when 99.99% of the time you would never use it, or ever need it! So let us be real here shall we? Also if you were that concerned about wasting cash why on gods green earth would you have a 1200W PSU running intergrated video?

You follow here? Everything about your system specs reaks of wasting money or spending money is a silly way. But god forbid you use a AMD CPU?

Please...let us get real here!

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    nice troll like thread OP bravo! only expect the best from you too, any new racist threads on the horizon bro?

20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I love how you equate your own electric rate to everyone, yes electricity does matter a lot to many in the world who pay for it:

Using my local electric rates for example, I'm going to use K3vst3r's numbers to show you electricity price for one year assuming everything equal:

Sandy Bridge = $808
    Bulldozer = $1415
    Difference = $607!!!

My whole system was based around saving energy while still offering great performance; so yes there are enthusiasts who care about energy costs.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011