AMD responds to FX line negativity!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by maleficarus™, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Greatly lower the price, might help...?

Come on AMD....

2. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    They wont lower the price until yield has gone up. So really, don't expect it to get lowered until then. If anything they ran out of delays and this is the result. No software support and a big lack of bios support.
    Give it time.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Time is also on Intel side. By the time BD is improved, optimized, fixed, software catches up, etc, Intel will also have something.

4. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    pretty sure that's how the game works^^ once one chip is fixed up the next is ready to roll out.
    If i were intel though i'd really be focusing on APU's rather than trying to beat the already beaten BD. lol. Granted intel may have already tipped their hat to AMD for the APU since intel lacks any form of graphics backing in their company and AMD owns the greatest rival nvidia has ever had.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

5. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    I think the optimisation and fixing took place when the delays happened..

6. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Oh drat. It's OUR fault. We weren't interpreting COMPLETE FAILURE the way we should. Let the disaster sink in, have some Prozac.

7. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    Except there still seems to be some issues involving the turbocore tech/core parking and resource sharing along with questionable bios for the crosshair v.

8. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Yes, very questionable BIOS, as the reviews I've that have used other 990FX boards, paint quite a different picture.

9. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    That's what you call cherry picking, i wonder why they left out the X4 980? could it be because the X4 980 socres around 3 fps higher in the BF3 Beta over the i7 and higher than the X6 1100T, so basically the 8150 scores the same as the older X4 980 in BF3, well done, you new chip scores the same as your old 4 core.

/clap.

http://static.techspot.com/articles-info/448/bench/CPU_02.png

10. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    And what settings are that? If its something very high then you'd benefit more from an additional GPU, not an additional 4 cores.

I agree that AMD cannot be blamed fully, GloFo more than AMD. But at the end of the day, it was AMD's product so obviously we'll lash out at them and not GF.

11. seronx

seronx Guest

GPU:
    Wani R7 XT
    Potential Customers to AMD: Your CPU Sucks!!!

AMD to Potential Customers: *slap wrist* Check out our GPU limited benchmarks *slap wrist* really look @ our amazing 1 fps advantage!! Aren't we amazin!!!!

Potential Customers: *buys intel*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku

The only real honorable thing to do AMD, the only thing you can do....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  12. Hopelessness

Hopelessness Guest

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD4890
    I don't think Intel would let AMD die, companies can't operate without competitors. If AMD is hit REALLY hard by this (which I doubt will happen to be honest, graphics cards and APUs will help iron out the Bulldozer 'bump'), I foresee a Apple / Microsoft situation where Intel would help AMD out.

Thoughts?

13. S_IV

S_IV Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    At least it's better than my e7200.. I really was hoping to build an AMD system for the first time, but it seems it's still better to go with intel. Similarly nvidia's gf100 was a failure but GTX 580 was a beast, AMD may make a similar improvement on Bulldozer, in fact they SHOULD.

14. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i think it would be for their benefit if they just scrap the LCS that comes with the FX, then slash off $50 or maybe $75-$100. the consumers who buys these stuffs have either their own custom LCSs (which I doubt would be worse than what's included with FX), or something better than the stock HSF anyway.

15. Hopelessness

Hopelessness Guest

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD4890
    None of the FX series CPUs come with LCS yet... all the ones available at the moment come with an air cooler.

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    The way I look at it is this. There new chip is on par with Intels 2600K for gaming (at least in BF3). To call AMD's FX chip crap is therefore admitting that Intels chip is crap too. If not that is like the pot calling the kettle black...

17. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    I laughed out loud at this statement! How about I buy and Intel processor and it works really well regardless of the load. Single threaded or mutli-threaded.

Nice try, AMD but you failed. I wish you hadn't but you did.

18. S_IV

S_IV Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    Imagine a 4.6Ghz 2600K which has also 8 native cores. Yes, Bulldozer is not a pure crap or an epic fail, but it should perform better than this for sure in my opinion.

19. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
  20. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Not really... If the game or application is not designed around more then 4 cores it would not matter if it had 16 cores.

At the end of the day the FX-8150 at least in the upcomming BF3 game is on par with Intels most popular K chips. The reason why BF3 is the game to use is because BF3 is to the year 2011 what Quake3 was to the year 2001. It is the game, it is the standard! Now if AMD's FX chip is on par + or - a few fps, then that can only be a win for AMD. Not a fail like the majority are claiming. Like I said, pot calling the kettle black...