AMD responds on AMD Processor Security Status

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There has been recent press coverage regarding a potential security issue related to modern microprocessors and speculative execution. Information security is a priority at AMD, and our security archi...

AMD responds on AMD Processor Security Status

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    This doesn't mean much if the US government stockpiles these vulnerabilities and they get leaked left and right.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's not just the US Government doing this. Every capable Government does this. Most are just more capable of hiding it.

4. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    We are here talking about US company, of course US government doesn't "stockpile" vulnerabilities , they create them:D:D

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Same goes for Russia and Russian Companies. China and Chinese companies, etc...... The US Gov't isn't the only one that does shady crap. Just happens to be the worst at hiding it.

6. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    No not in that volume,you need to take in the account US economic power and influence that comes with it,they can go by with much much more then Chinese or Russians,take for instance spying that is happening ,just imagine if Russia was doing to the rest of world what is US doing, what a uproar that would be, west would probably start WW3.

7. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQaQhvXTp-Y&t=667

kruno likes this.
  8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

Has this forum really just decided to become a conspiracy nutjob forum? Given the recent posts, my goodness guys get a life. Honestly, if you have a problem, PROVIDE PROOF, not this nonsense "Let me say whatever i want without any scrutiny and give out complete and total outlandish accusations based off of nothing at all!" BS.

9. slimmy427

slimmy427 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Hybrid 1080ti
    Speculation without fact is not a conspiracy...its a theory. Wrong or Right can be a view point of ignorance without facts to back it up. Nutjob is declaring others wrong and yourself right without facts to support your view. Please don't say its up to others to prove to you because, the moment you enter the discussion to tell them they are wrong...its up to you to prove to them why you think you are "right"eous.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Now you're starting to sound more like me.... Well, not entirely, but very close.... Also sounding a bit hypocritical given our discussion in the Core i3 8130U thread, but we'll let that slide. It's becoming more and more common for people on this forum to throw out accusations without evidence. I figured you'd have noticed that by now. You've been here as long as I have.